+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

M DEV

May 2, 2017
There's a maintenance scheduled for Tuesday on CIC servers:

This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, in order to perform system maintenance.

Don't know if it's a good sign or not for a Wednesday draw.
May be this is a good sign...There can be a draw immediately after that...It has happened a couple of times before.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
I do not think you could do that.
If you enter as a tourist, you cannot overstay. Sometimes they have something called Dual Intent (when you enter to study with a bonafide intention and, decide to apply for a PR, if you qualify... knowing that if you do not you'll have to leave the country after expiring the study permit and, after that, the work permit following the studies, when it applies). But in this case if she enters to stay, it's not going to be her true intention to "just visit". There's not dual intent, there's only a misrepresentation.
So in this case, I think if you'd like to sponsor her, she would have to be outside Canada.
And, it seems the way to sponsor your parents is to apply, and they select randomly from a base of candidates. Next time they do so is 2018, because they already did so this year. At least that's what I understood from here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

To know more precise information, you could always search their FAQ and call them if you don't seem to find the exact answer.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
That's one option, which I think they're definitely doing.
They could also cut the processing fee. And last but not least, they could just start accepting people below 400 CRS.
I have received NOI from Ontario on 26th of May. As I have 6 months to accept or decline it, I was wanting to wait few more draws before I decide. Could you tell me if Ontario stops nominations soon would that mean the NOI's they already issued to applicants would also be void and I won't be able to accept it even if I wanted to? Or would that mean that they won't be issuing new NOIs anymore?

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
I have received NOI from Ontario on 26th of May. As I have 6 months to accept or decline it, I was wanting to wait few more draws before I decide. Could you tell me if Ontario stops nominations soon would that mean the NOI's they already issued to applicants would also be void and I won't be able to accept it even if I wanted to? Or would that mean that they won't be issuing new NOIs anymore?
Wish I knew exactly. But what they state is that the NOIs are valid for up to 6 months.
So, maybe if they use all their quota, they'll pause processing and reject candidates even when they have NOIs, until they get more quota to nominate. But I'm only guessing.

I prefer to wait for the score to go lower right now, as it should, so I'll take the chance.

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
Wish I knew exactly. But what they state is that the NOIs are valid for up to 6 months.
So, maybe if they use all their quota, they'll pause processing and reject candidates even when they have NOIs, until they get more quota to nominate. But I'm only guessing.

I prefer to wait for the score to go lower right now, as it should, so I'll take the chance.
Thanks for the reply :)
Ya me too... taking my chance and waiting for the scores to drop. But keeping the NOI as backup in case it takes more time than we all are hoping.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
There's a maintenance scheduled for Tuesday on CIC servers:

This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, in order to perform system maintenance.

Don't know if it's a good sign or not for a Wednesday draw.
The scheduled maintenance could be an update to the June 6th changes. But I still hope a draw will happen next week with a really low cut-off like 405.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Glad to help. :)
Can you help me out in one more thing please!
Can you tell me how can I call my partner after 45 days, if anyone has any idea about this!