+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 66th Draw

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
CRS points for work experience gained outside Canada max out at 3 years...no real use in keeping any thing above it in work history as you will be expected to produce documentation without any benefit of additional points. You may better off keep ur relevant experience totalling 3+ years in work history and remaining u can update in personal history after ITA while filing eAPR.
Please check out the 'come to Canada tool' again giving ur work exp as 3 years and see if you still are eligible...if yes,you keep that experience alone in work history and remove the rest...spares you headache of documentation.
I need your help!
I used to work in my primary occupation from 08/2005 to 09/2009.
As you can seen if I count 10 yrs back, should I mention it as 4yrs+ on my ee profile? as primary occupation?

Please help me I am badly anxious about it!!

ac_d

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I haven't withdrawn and recreated yet...
however,I think the option to withdraw is there ,just follow it & then create a fresh profile...
only thing is 'No' is the answer to 'have you ever applied before for ......'
None of us have applied yet....we just have created a profile...we will apply only after ITA...so answer that question 'No'' ...I don't think there's anything else to it...
I haven't withdrawn and recreated yet...
however,I think the option to withdraw is there ,just follow it & then create a fresh profile...
only thing is 'No' is the answer to 'have you ever applied before for ......'
None of us have applied yet....we just have created a profile...we will apply only after ITA...so answer that question 'No'' ...I don't think there's anything else to it...
Thanks a lot. I have another important question. I do hope that you will kindly spare some time today to answer this question as I have to recreate EE profile today.
  1. In my work history section I have put all my jobs since the year 2000 till present as I have certificates for all. In this for 8 years the jobs are in one NOC and rest in two different NOC,s. Is it OK to fill complete work history therein or cut it down to 8 years of relevant primary NOC jobs.
    2.Is it mentioned anywhere in official express entry guidelines to furnish in Work History page only the jobs pertaining to one relevant NOC for which we are claiming points.If yes than kindly send the Concerned LINK also.
Hoping an early reply.

Reactions: Mithu3

Saya101

Aug 26, 2016
AOR Received.
15th Oct,2017
Hello Guys, just a small query from my side.

I am the primary applicant and I am employed by my husband. I was employed there even before our marriage. I have selected self employed option for him and my designation for me. Hope I am correct there.

Its a IT firm and we provide remote IT services to companies abroad. My husband also have a remote work contract with a Canadian company, but don't think that can be considered as a job offer in Canada to claim points.:(

So what sort of document will we need to present?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
I need your help!
I used to work in my primary occupation from 08/2005 to 09/2009.
As you can seen if I count 10 yrs back, should I mention it as 4yrs+ on my ee profile? as primary occupation?

Please help me I am badly anxious about it!!
Your experience within last 10years only get counted ..and when creating ur EE profile it asks the start date and end date...so I believe it will automatically assign points only for the valid period ( as of today "since June2007 till sept2009) and that would be 2 years 3 months...
however u can add other work experience within last ten years for the purpose of completing 3 years ( maximum points for work experience outside Canada)....it need not necessarily be primary NOC...
so find an NOC that closely matches to ur employment post 9/2009 ...and get a solid refernce letter from the employer matching the duties and responsibilities...if it is above 9months,that'd complete 3 years.....
please note that ur experience will get counted as on the eAPR scrutiny date....if you receive ITA two months later and u file eAPR further 2 months down,another 4 months will go off from ur experience...
---
but also note that experience points are for 1 year to 2 yrs 364 days remain at 25...so unless you are dependant on full 50 points on work experience it is not a concern...but if you are dependant on full 50 points,get a compensating work experience from any of the NOC (0,A,B)..
---
alternatively,if you are not yet at CLB9,prepare hard and get CLB 9 and relax with a 40+ points booster...

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot. I have another important question. I do hope that you will kindly spare some time today to answer this question as I have to recreate EE profile today.
  1. In my work history section I have put all my jobs since the year 2000 till present as I have certificates for all. In this for 8 years the jobs are in one NOC and rest in two different NOC,s. Is it OK to fill complete work history therein or cut it down to 8 years of relevant primary NOC jobs.
    2.Is it mentioned anywhere in official express entry guidelines to furnish in Work History page only the jobs pertaining to one relevant NOC for which we are claiming points.If yes than kindly send the Concerned LINK also.
Hoping an early reply.
1.work history section is included in EE profile for the sole purpose of assigning points for work exp. and hence no need to list out every job there...if you do,you will have to produce proof and CIC will check with each employer and will take two more months to process ur file..
2.Work exp outside Canada points are 50 for 3+ years...and that's it...so if you have any one job in primary NOC with 3+ years of permanent employment,that is enough... mention that only...(however go to come to Canada eligibility tool and see if your eligibility goes if you reduce ur work exp...u need 67 points

( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp )
3. only last 10 yrs details will get counted also...so leave out anything prior to June 2007..
4.you are required to furnish all the employment details in personal history while filing eAPR...but good thing is that they don't ask for any proof for those as you haven't claimed points..
5.Your three years of experience could be among multiple NOCs and even could be from different categories 0,A or B. You need to have at least one year in primary NOC....that's it...

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
1.work history section is included in EE profile for the sole purpose of assigning points for work exp. and hence no need to list out every job there...if you do,you will have to produce proof and CIC will check with each employer and will take two more months to process ur file..
2.Work exp outside Canada points are 50 for 3+ years...and that's it...so if you have any one job in primary NOC with 3+ years of permanent employment,that is enough... mention that only...(however go to come to Canada eligibility tool and see if your eligibility goes if you reduce ur work exp...u need 67 points

( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp )
3. only last 10 yrs details will get counted also...so leave out anything prior to June 2007..
4.you are required to furnish all the employment details in personal history while filing eAPR...but good thing is that they don't ask for any proof for those as you haven't claimed points..
5.Your three years of experience could be among multiple NOCs and even could be from different categories 0,A or B. You need to have at least one year in primary NOC....that's it...
great thank you
now can please confirm call center fraud analyst can count as a skilled worker

Reactions: lino82

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Honestly, I am still confused with my NOC until now. I do all the job duties stated in 2174, 2173, 2171, 40% db admin, 50% tech support. But as my friend says, 2174 is for development and 2173 is for research. Since I was hired to develop programs, I chose 2174 and asked my manager to remove some duties not relevant to my NOC so as not to confuse the case officers.
I chose 2173. I saw the NOC Description once again & observed that Research is mentioned only once and it maybe considered for designer part of its name 'Software Engineer & Designer'
  • Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
    • Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
    • Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
    • Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
    • Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
    • May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

Here are the job duties I'm showing for my work..

• Requirements Gathering: Understand the requirements (both functional and non-functional) by going through the specifications and with inputs from Business Analysts IN ORDER TO participate efficiently in the Design, Development and testing phases of the project.
  • Design: Do Impact Analysis, create Design Specifications as per the high level design, create Unit Test Plans IN ORDER TO develop/validate/maintain the application as per the requirements.
  • Architecture: Understand application architecture document and seek inputs from the architecture/design team to understand the overall architecture IN ORDER TO provide deliverables in line with architecture requirements.
  • Development: Develop and review artifacts (Code, Documentation, Unit test scripts) conduct reviews for self and peers, conduct unit test and document unit test results IN ORDER TO build the application and make it ready for validation/delivery.
  • Testing: Perform validation activities (Functional, Integration, System, User experience) based on the plans, identification and validation of defects found (including UAT), creation and reviewing of artifacts (Test Scripts, Documentation, Automation, Setups ) IN ORDER TO ensure a quality deliverable.
  • Implementation: Work on 'Go Live' activities as per the Implementation Plan IN ORDER TO enable productionization of application without any issues.
  • Warranty: Respond to production issues, arrive at a solution with inputs from stakeholders, test and implement the solution IN ORDER TO enable the application availability as per agreed Service Levels.
  • Transition: Participate and prepare KT Sessions, document the understanding, take on shadow support IN ORDER TO take up or transfer the primary responsibility activities.
  • Production Support: Respond to the issues assigned, do analysis, suggest/implement work around, communicate to all the stakeholders and close issues as per the agreed timelines IN ORDER TO ensure support availability as per agreed SLAs.
  • Maintenance: All the activities listed above IN ORDER TO enhance the application and maintain the quality as per the requirements, SLAs.
  • Knowledge Management: Document and share own learning from project, seek information and leverage knowledge from other projects IN ORDER TO drive higher efficiency effectiveness and preserve organization knowledge.

Im getting confused now :(

What do you say? It looks fine for 2173 right.

Last edited:

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
great thank you
now can please confirm call center fraud analyst can count as a skilled worker
my information is limited to very objective technical details,gathered from this forum,reading posts..
address the same to legalfalcon or any other seniors who are better informed...
--
this is our ray of hope thread originally meant by the initiator to discuss on the 66th draw and more informative threads may be there too.....

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
One more question which I need clarification from you all experts.

My spouse is primary applicant. She was a research fellowship (in molecular biologist or microbiologist) having 5 years and 11 months of experience and NOC code is 2121.
Also, we have project offer letter, experience letter, stipend payslip and relieving letter of my spouse.

My question is
She had received STIPEND (i.e., no Provident Fund, no TDS, No Form 16, can't file Income Tax return etc.. ) of her Research fellowship job through out her 5 years and 11 months.

Will these be considered as work experience which we filled in Work history section in Express entry profile? Is this valid one?.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva
Please advice.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
believe me,you can do accounting & lot more :cool:....
I was thinking u could be our aggressive public relations & also could come out with nice brand of 'pre-cooked' pairings for our exotic spirit.....like a brand of croat-flavoured fried sausages,cheese crackers & more...;):p....
Hahahaha! Agreed! Sounds good! I roll up my sleeves! :D

Reactions: lino82 and baka