+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 63rd Draw

miuh7817

May 26, 2017
I agree with you...and your CRS score is not low, you will hit it in the coming draw hopefully. Go ahead and reject ITA and re-enter the pool with new profile which has precise information.

Reactions: M.Gouda

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Hello, my first writing result was 6, then I got 7,5.
What I did are:
- read as much as best essay samples as possible: formal/informal letters, and writing task 2 essays
- set your standard format for intro and conclusion, and always follow it
- use different sentence structures: passive voice, conditionals, inversions and etc.
- for writing task 1 learn both formal and informal words and phrases, differentiate them well
- for writing task 2 I tried to avoid obvious connecting words like, first of all, secondly etc. Instead I tried to make the coherence look more natural, e.g. "further and even more importantly' (I strongly recommend you to read 'IELTS Write Right' PDF). Besides try to vary your vocabulary: learn synonyms of words that are related to topics like social problems, youth crime, education, traditions, technologies, health and etc (you can find further topics on the internet)
- start with the task 2, take time to plan and to proofread.
- do not waste your time counting the words, instead count the number of words of your first line and then count the lines. If it is about 170 for Task 1 and 270 for task 2, you are on the safe side.
- try to bring good and different arguments
- for the body part of the task 2, I stated my point, explained why I think so and then gave an example. Each paragraph had around 3 sentences.

This is all can remember.

Good luck
Thank you so much for the help!!!could u also mention some.useful websites that helped u getting the required band!! And one thing more iam planning to take ilets test on 24th june!do i have enuff time to practice or shall i take the one in july??2-3 wks practice is enuff or no?

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
I have read newsletters from Cohen attorney, who said that future draws will be bigger than these ones before, so according to that my conclusion is that draws might even go above 4000 ITAs per draw. Which makes sense because bigger the draw lesser the score and we all know crs cut off is going down below 400 soon.
In ur opinion what should he the lowest score of crs????

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you so much for the help!!!could u also mention some.useful websites that helped u getting the required band!! And one thing more iam planning to take ilets test on 24th june!do i have enuff time to practice or shall i take the one in july??2-3 wks practice is enuff or no?
You have enough time I think, you can do it on 24th June, be sure and confident!
Here are some websites:
http://ieltsmaterial.com/
https://ieltsgeneral.net/
https://ieltsforfree.com/
http://www.ielts-blog.com/
http://ieltsonlinetests.com/
https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/ieltshome

Reactions: Lyssiej and alfred0

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Where is everyone? I know a lot of us are shaken up ( to say the least) by yesterday's draw. But let us not forget what happened after the last programme specific draw!!

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Come on statisticians and analysts let me hear your take on this last distribution of points.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Can someone explain the two tiers of points and how did it work?

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – May 26, 2017

Provincial Nominee Program

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited
143 775 points

Federal Skilled Trades Program

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited
400 199 points

Mobilinker

Apr 14, 2014
I agree with you...and your CRS score is not low, you will hit it in the coming draw hopefully. Go ahead and reject ITA and re-enter the pool with new profile which has precise information.
Its clearly written, if you make any amendments in your application after receiving ITA then you have to attach LoE. Rejecting and entering into the pool again is the safest option.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
May 19th pool stats are music to the ears :D just 800 candidates in almost two weeks, and the PNPs are cleared out. Number of total candidates in the pool down to 46K and even further after last night's draw. Things are looking good!
could you please clarify regarding your point about '800 candidates in two weeks'?

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
They have been instructed not to share info. About express entry to international students!... It looks like they take 500$ outside of the university for EE consultancy... I just graduated.. i dont wanna waste money on that... ppl who knew by consulting a lawyer dont share too!!
That is so weird. Which university is it, if you don't mind me asking? I don't want to give away too much here publicly but let me just say that I know most universities in lower mainland from inside. PM me if you like and I may be able to help. I won't give direct advice because I'm not qualified to do so but I child suggest specifically to whom to talk.

Reactions: M.Gouda

kamalcad

May 24, 2017
Hello Folks - I have a query: I applied for FSWP on 21st May and went into the pool with a score of 459. On 26th, I received a message saying "Ontario would like to consider you under their provincial nominee program (PNP)". Should I apply for this PNP or just wait for the general ITA? Say I got nominated from Ontario and I accept the PNP nomination - what are the advantages / disadvantages of PNP (Ontario's PNP in this case)? Will it in any way help me get a job in the province, i.e., will there be any weight on my resume if I have Ontario's nomination?

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts! This thread has been really helpful. My best wishes to everyone here!

amnaz_1

May 24, 2017
All those sitting at 410 or below i hope the optimistic predictions of crs dropping further does happen on 31st. Myself at 410 fingers x.