Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Why do you think so? there are just over 5000 applicants above 400 after yesterdays draw. if CIC decides 2 draws of ~3700 before June 6 changes its sure to clear off the existing 5000 + new entrants. I don't see any immediate changes otherwise to increase of scores (like what we saw last time when new graduates after 1 year exp entered pool with high scores). The only question is will CIC conduct 2 draws before June 6 or will they stick on with their usual bi-weekly draw. Either way its gonna drop below 400.

...and 400 is just a benchmark we created. For CIC it is just a number to identify pools of candidate based on THEIR eligibility criteria. For them the primary concern is to fill in the allotted EE quota for the year (based on THEIR best AVAILABLE candidates identified in their pool)
And their best candidates are the oldies like us with <415 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: andieangel

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Congratulations in advance!.
With 425 you should have all your documents prepared for when you receive your ITA in 2 weeks.
Indeed I have almost everything ready and translated. Tomorrow I will be doing the medical exams. The only missing thing is the bank letter, which I am waiting the ITA to ask.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
And their best candidates are the oldies like us with <415 :)
I can't blame Canada for wanting younger folks. I just need to do everything in my power to increase my score rather than depending on the score to drop due to fewer high scoring candidates.

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
Hello.
I withdrew my profile to correct some information, and I'm facing troubles to update the EE Info on the Job Bank :(. It says they're experimenting technical difficulties.
Has anyone here been able to update/register their profile info in the Job Bank since yesterday night, or faced similar issues before?
Is it generally solved quickly?
My lawyer just informed me few hours back that there are some technical problems on the IRCC website. I don't know if its the same issue you are experiencing. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. All the best to you and to me :)

Reactions: ivancabrer

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
CRS – C. Skill transferability factors (Maximum 100 points for this section)
Education

With good official language proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) and a post-secondary degree
Points for CLB 7 or more on all first official language abilities, with one or more under CLB 9
(Maximum 25 points)
Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities
(Maximum 50 points)

Secondary school (high school) credential or less 0 - 0
Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer 13 - 25
Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer 25 - 50
Is this for spouse or primary applicant? I am the primary applicant and I have CLB 9 in one band, CLB 11 in 2 bands, and CLB 12 in one band. Would this work for me? I mean would I get these extra points?

Reactions: pessacanada

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I can't blame Canada for wanting younger folks. I just need to do everything in my power to increase my score rather than depending on the score to drop due to fewer high scoring candidates.
For some, like me, who got no master's degree, or Canadian degree or experience have already maxed out the IELTS with CLB 9 or even 10. Getting a master's degree or learning french is not an overnight job either.

So yeah, we just hope the score will drop soon, else I will go with OINP.

X

xibalban

I often hear people, in the forum, mention that CIC would wait for profiles with higher scores to accumulate, or that they wouldn't want the CRS to go below a certain threshold, etc, blah, blah. And, it just makes me laugh aloud. Those thoughts are simply ludicrous, and defies the very basis of EE system.

Guys, CIC doesn't give a shit about the CRS cut-off. All they care is, whether a person is eligible for its Federal Immigration Programme (based on their 67 point system). If someone is eligible, it means irrespective of her/his CRS score, which could even be below 300, that individual is eligible to immigrate to Canada, and Canada will gladly take her/him in.

Hence, if you have been accepted into the EE Stream, after spending all your resources on IELTS, ECA, etc. it is just a question of waiting for your turn to arrive. CRS cut-off is simply bullshit!! The game is all about meeting their quotas, and that's all I have to say (my over-confidence is conspicuously displayed in my signature below).

Have a great day, fellas!!

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
When is the expected draw date?

24th or 31st may?

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
I'm confused by the fact that you don't take into account ITA doesn't equal to PR. We have 1.8-1.9 immigrants in every ITA, resulting in 43.456*1.9*0.75 ~62k immigrants as of now.
This topic keeps on appearing on the forum every once in a while, but then is left unsolved. I personally agree with you that ~60k new PRs have already been accounted for this year, and so either a) number of ITAs should reduce in the future or b) I am incorrect and missing a key piece of info here.

Reactions: MarynaN

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I often hear people, in the forum, mention that CIC would wait for profiles with higher scores to accumulate, or that they wouldn't want the CRS to go below a certain threshold, etc, blah, blah. And, it just makes me laugh aloud. Those thoughts are simply ludicrous, and defies the very basis of EE system.

Guys, CIC doesn't give a shit about the CRS cut-off. All they care is, whether a person is eligible for its Federal Immigration Programme (based on their 67 point system). If someone is eligible, it means irrespective of her/his CRS score, which could even be below 300, that individual is eligible to immigrate to Canada, and Canada will gladly take her/him in.

Hence, if you have been accepted into the EE Stream, after spending all your resources on IELTS, ECA, etc. it is just a question of waiting for your turn to arrive. CRS cut-off is simply bullshit!! The game is all about meeting their quotas, and that's all I have to say (my over-confidence is conspicuously displayed in my signature below).

Have a great day, fellas!!

You got it! Our turn is coming! Already got medical appointment too :)

X

xibalban

I see you received NOI from Ontario man :), don't mention Vancouver in your letter of intention to reside if you apply :D:D
I have ignored the Ontario NOI, and the West Coast is where my summers of 2018 will be spent.