+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 57th draw?

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Weststarr said:
Any one here that is participating in Federal Skilled Worker Program ?

Cuz i have a question on CIC page i found "If you are being assessed to get into the pool through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, there is a separate points grid for this. The points for this grid are included as well."

So if for example i score 75 point in Federal Skilled Worker Program, does 75 points are added to mine EE points ? so for example if i have CRS 420 and in FSW i score 75 points do they add up ? and i have 495 or still 420 ?
A lot of us are that! The 67/100 requirement being met allows you to enter the EE pool. The pool has its own point scale and has nothing to do with the 67/100 FSW qualification (i.e. The points don't add up). Best of luck!

nickad

Feb 27, 2017
I have 462 CRS score. My EE profile shows 'MET' requirements for both CEC and FSW. I have applied under CEC. How to make sure that I get CEC ITA.

beinghuman

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Please Help Me!!!! :-[

Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?

I did my masters degree from a Canadian University in English. I am confused whether it should be Yes or No.

Unfortunately, I have selected 'No' while submitting my application and got 0 points. I was enrolled in a 2 years program. Please clarify?

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
nickad said:
I have 462 CRS score. My EE profile shows 'MET' requirements for both CEC and FSW. I have applied under CEC. How to make sure that I get CEC ITA.
If you are eligible for CEC and FSW, you are most likely to get invitation from CEC. Your cannot choose one.

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
beinghuman said:
Please Help Me!!!! :-[

Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?

I did my masters degree from a Canadian University in English. I am confused whether it should be Yes or No.

Unfortunately, I have selected 'No' while submitting my application and got only 25 points. I was enrolled in a 2 years program. Please clarify?
You have to say "YES" only if you did a program like ESL or so. But for do masters in any other field like IT, Engineering or accounts your answer should be NO.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
nickad said:
CEC takes precedence over FSW. If you qualify for both, you will be selected under CEC. CEC is better as you wont need to show PoF.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Does anyone know why the latest draw is taking this long ?

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riyas Siraj said:
Does anyone know why the latest draw is taking this long ?
Because the original 57th ray of hope thread angered the immigration gods! Lol jk

Lots of ideas floating around but no one knows for sure. I guess we needed a lesson in patience! :)

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
MattyTj said:
Lots of ideas floating around but no one knows for sure. I guess we needed a lesson in patience! :)
LOOOOOTS of patience. :'(

beinghuman

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
eeprofilehelp said:
You have to say "YES" only if you did a program like ESL or so. But for do masters in any other field like IT, Engineering or accounts your answer should be NO.
Thank you! Hopefully I will hit 500+ after 24 hours :)

mia80

Mar 13, 2017
Let me tell you, I felt so down after the no draw yesterday, but you guys have me chuckling here with these comments