4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
2 reasons for no draw

1. CIC is pushing candidate to apply ONIP.....

2. CIC under estimates their own capability. They already issued around 15000 ITA this year and struggling to process them all at the same time due to insufficient staffs.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
karthik506 said:
2 reasons for no draw

2. CIC under estimates their own capability. They already issued around 15000 ITA this year and struggling to process them all at the same time due to insufficient staffs.
Over 20k ITAs have been issues this year. Many have declined too. I am waiting and waiting and waiting.

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
karthik506 said:
2 reasons for no draw

Makes perfect sense!

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
xpressentry said:
The clinic asked me if I had my ITA and I said that I am expecting it on 22nd. I will have no face to show. I think you are in a better position.

Are you required to show it? I mean you won't lose any face because there was no draw after all. So CIC didn't continue with their past trend. No face value lost my friend!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
grapehair said:
Are you required to show it? I mean you won't lose any face because there was no draw after all. So CIC didn't continue with their past trend. No face value lost my friend!
I am not required to show an ITA but I will look like a desperate freak to do a medical before ITA.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
xpressentry said:
I am not required to show an ITA but I will look like a desperate freak to do a medical before ITA.
When I did my upfront medical, it took a couple of weeks to get everything ready (x-ray, bloodwork...etc.). So it makes sense to get it started when you are expecting an ITA any day now.

I'm going to get mine started hopefully this week.

While here, can someone tell me what ONIP is?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
xpressentry said:
Over 20k ITAs have been issues this year. Many have declined too. I am waiting and waiting and waiting.
I'm curious... why people would decline their ITAs?

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grapehair said:
I didn't have to show anything except my passport and my $480! Lol :)

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
xpressentry said:
No, it will not look desperate, you are just covering your ass and getting everything done. Not desperate, organized.

Yeah, or desperate. :p

ayshilal

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Turkey
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
desperate freak? arent we all? lol..

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
xpressentry said:
My wife comes under that category and it is indeed not in demand to get a PNP. Once you get a foot in the door, it's smooth sailing but getting that foot in the door is a struggle. It took her a while to get a job in the field in London and we are expecting the same to happen in Canada too. To get a job in the media, you need to know the people, place and politics and to understand that you have to be living in there. There is a whatsapp group for canada media jobs that she is a part of. I am assuming media here. You could be a technical writer / editor / author too. Apologies if I have misunderstood.
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I was working in London too till Brexit happened so I know what you mean.
I'm trying to get a foot in the door through Express Entry though I don't have much hope for getting an ITA or PNP anytime soon.
Good luck to you and your wife. Hope you both land in Canada soon.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
cmoncanada said:
I'm curious... why people would decline their ITAs?
They might make mistakes in the EE profile that might be an issue to correct. They may not be able to arrange all documents within 90 days. One such document is PCC from FBI. Among a couple, both will enter the pool as main applicants and only 1 can submit so the other will decline. They can change their mind. They can lose their 50 / 200 point job or PNP and become ineligible so they will decline rather than get rejected. IELTS scores can expire.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Wandering Mind said:
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I was working in London too till Brexit happened so I know what you mean.
I'm trying to get a foot in the door through Express Entry though I don't have much hope for getting an ITA or PNP anytime soon.
Good luck to you and your wife. Hope you both land in Canada soon.
How much have you scores in IELTS? If PNP is not an option there are other ways to increase your CRS.

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
From CIC's website:

Last update: March 13, 2017 Updated weekly

Since Express Entry is a new system and not enough applications have been received yet, processing times are not available but we have committed to process the majority of applications in six months or less.

Not enough applications?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
xpressentry said:
They might make mistakes in the EE profile that might be an issue to correct. They may not be able to arrange all documents within 90 days. One such document is PCC from FBI. Among a couple, both will enter the pool as main applicants and only 1 can submit so the other will decline. They can change their mind. They can lose their 50 / 200 point job or PNP and become ineligible so they will decline rather than get rejected. IELTS scores can expire.
Interesting... thanks! :)