Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
hrk777 said:
let's hope it will take on thu or fri, best of luck to all
unlikely to be tomorrow based on past history. Around 50%chance of it being this friday and 90% chance next wednesday. Best of luck to everyone. Do not lose the faith!

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sutyfornow said:
We can immigrate to Singapore instead :D
haha ya it's good.. well except when u lived here all ur life. it's stressful and HOT and things are getting sooooo expensive. plus now it's too overcrowded (which explains why the sky high property prices). canada has much more space and nature. it's good for singles to make money but not so sure about raising kids and retiring...

it's probably easier to migrate to canada than sg.. but it's easier to get a job here as a foreigner.. which means citizens are disadvantaged because many come to compete at lower wages and they bring it home after staying for a few years...

oh well i guess everywhere has their own problems...

but most importantly for me is my partner is canadian haha!

S

sutyfornow

yuanteo said:
haha ya it's good.. well except when u lived here all ur life. it's stressful and HOT and things are getting sooooo expensive. plus now it's too overcrowded (which explains why the sky high property prices). canada has much more space and nature. it's good for singles to make money but not so sure about raising kids and retiring...

it's probably easier to migrate to canada than sg.. but it's easier to get a job here as a foreigner.. which means citizens are disadvantaged because many come to compete at lower wages and they bring it home after staying for a few years...

I wish you all best of luck :)

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
yuanteo said:

High five buddy! One of my main reasons to immigrate is also because my partner is here.

Mind you though, depending on which city you are in, property prices in Canada are not inexpensive, especially when minimum wage here is very low (I'm making a comparison to Australia).

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lady0421 said:
High five buddy! One of my main reasons to immigrate is also because my partner is here.

Mind you though, depending on which city you are in, property prices in Canada are not inexpensive, especially when minimum wage here is very low (I'm making a comparison to Australia).
^5!

why don't ur partner move to aussie instead? my partner's sister's husband is aussie too but they chose to settle down in canada because he was already working there when they met. his australian accent has been un-australianfied and he sounds... different haha.

yeah i know it's not cheap too but the houses are much bigger (for the same value) and probably more work life balance too.. people here slog so hard their whole adult life for a shoe box unit... explains why sg has the lowest fertility rate in the whole world at 0.8! canada is at 1.6. i guess based on statistics i can probably afford 2 kids in canada and 1 in sg. 2 is better than 1 right. at least they have each other.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HaRvy007 said:
Depressed

CRS 453
A lot of us are! Demoralized is another good word. But, I'm just praying for draw 57 soon! Our hearts can't take this suspense any longer :)

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
yuanteo said:
^5!

why don't ur partner move to aussie instead? my partner's sister's husband is aussie too but they chose to settle down in canada because he was already working there when they met. his australian accent has been un-australianfied and he sounds... different haha.

yeah i know it's not cheap too but the houses are much bigger (for the same value) and probably more work life balance too.. people here slog so hard their whole adult life for a shoe box unit... explains why sg has the lowest fertility rate in the whole world at 0.8! canada is at 1.6. i guess based on statistics i can probably afford 2 kids in canada and 1 in sg. 2 is better than 1 right. at least they have each other.
You're right, work-life balance is important. That's one reason why I can never imagine myself living in Asia... the stress of that fast-pace-no-lifestyle will drive me insane!

SO and I met in Canada and in our case, it makes more sense for me to make the move. Although I secretly think Australia is a far better place :p