+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 57th draw?

anirr

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
ok guys check this out!! The federal budget last year took place on the very same date March 22 but it was a different day it was Tuesday as opposed to Wednesday this year. But the next draw was on March 23, 2016 which was a wednesday- that means the next day. I posting this link here, check the date on this govt document. Hopefully something good is waiting for us soon to be released!!

http://www.budget.gc.ca/2016/docs/plan/budget2016-en.pdf

onlyfleur

Mar 22, 2017
anirr said:
ok guys check this out!! The federal budget last year took place on the very same date March 22 but it was a different day it was Tuesday as opposed to Wednesday this year. But the next draw was on March 23, 2016 which was a wednesday- that means the next day. I posting this link here, check the date on this govt document. Hopefully something good is waiting for us soon to be released!!

http://www.budget.gc.ca/2016/docs/plan/budget2016-en.pdf
thanks! can't wait for the next draw. Sleepless nights!

anirr

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
check the date on this article, it was on this "date" previous year that the federal budget was announced!! and a draw followed the next day- draw #30 with 470 cut off score and 1014 invitations was released. I hope the same happens this time as well and there is a draw the following day which is tomorrow in this case Thursday March 23, 2017..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-budget-2016-highlights-1.3501803

Andrew2016

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was reading the budget, this is the only time Express Entry was mentioned, it just states "Budget 2017 also proposes to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Act to ensure that the Express Entry system—the system that manages Canada’s economic permanent residence programs—is responsive to the needs of the
Canadian labour market, and that the candidates most likely to succeed in Canada are selected." I have no idea what amendments they are referring to, but none the less they will give us a warning well in advance.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andrew2016 said:
well I was reading the budget, this is the only time Express Entry was mentioned, it just states "Budget 2017 also proposes to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection
Act to ensure that the Express Entry system—the system that manages Canada’s economic permanent residence programs—is responsive to the needs of the
Canadian labour market, and that the candidates most likely to succeed in Canada are selected." I have no idea what amendments they are referring to, but none the less they will give us a warning well in advance.
Agreed, but these eventual changes will most likely not affect the upcoming draws. Stay hopeful! I still see great things ahead for those 425ish and above!

anirr

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
wow just noticed guys!! its March 23 tomorrow just a different day as opposed to wednesday as was last year. Lets hope positive and high for tomorrow!!

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015
anirr said:
check the date on this article, it was on this "date" previous year that the federal budget was announced!! and a draw followed the next day- draw #30 with 470 cut off score and 1014 invitations was released. I hope the same happens this time as well and there is a draw the following day which is tomorrow in this case Thursday March 23, 2017..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-budget-2016-highlights-1.3501803
Thanks for that observation anirr! Can't wait for tomorrow's draw!

A bit of an off-topic question, hope someone could answer: My partner is the principal PR applicant with me as his common-law partner. As soon as we get an AOR, am I able to apply for an open work permit even though I am only secondary in the application?

carolcai

Mar 15, 2017
Andrew2016 said:
I was reading the budget, this is the only time Express Entry was mentioned, it just states "Budget 2017 also proposes to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection
I'm reading the budget 2017 too. And having been watching CBC all day today. The second budget mostly talks about innovation, clean energy, research and parental leave stuff. That's most like government contracts, infrastructure, housing, research and IT. Projects like PPP etc. So this way, it will generate revenue to the government while keep the taxation from big companies. And to do so, they need people with various certificate and license, or master and PhD. Plus "mostly likely to succeed in Canada", that'll fall under the category of people who have education, social network in Canada, coz you need to know people to make things happen. So I think the fundamental three streams (FSW, CEC and FST) won't be affected much.

Just some thoughts. Best wish to everybody.
Sitting still and wait. Don't forget to enjoy the life tho. Cheers!

nthom

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This really is the ray of hope thread. You guys are still so positive.....thanks for keeping the spirit alive!!!

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lady0421 said:
You're right, work-life balance is important. That's one reason why I can never imagine myself living in Asia... the stress of that fast-pace-no-lifestyle will drive me insane!

SO and I met in Canada and in our case, it makes more sense for me to make the move. Although I secretly think Australia is a far better place :p
haha canada is much cooler than australia... anyway you will be in the next draw!

we've been separated for 7 months and it's a painful wait.. hopefully it all works out well ultimately!

good luck!!