+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAY of HOPE 54th Draw (Predictions)

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:
I'm sitting at 429. I'm primary applicant, and my spouse is secondary. Both of us have 4 years degree programs (WES verified), have foreign work experience. I'm sitting on an IELTS score of 8, while she is 7. Getting a provincial nomination is a drag. Our only hope is IRCC brings the score down :(
What r your Individual IELTS score?

Soni V

Dec 7, 2016
Can sum1 tel me how much ielts required for federal skilled worker category ? Nd experience of retail supervisor (noc b) would be considered for this category? 5 points for blood relation adaptability is valid?

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soni V said:
Can sum1 tel me how much ielts required for federal skilled worker category ? Nd experience of retail supervisor (noc b) would be considered for this category? 5 points for blood relation adaptability is valid?
You need to score at least 6 in all abilities in IELTS.
1 year full-time work experience.

Soni V

Dec 7, 2016
pacificislander said:
You need to score at least 6 in all abilities in IELTS.
1 year full-time work experience.
1 yr exprnc has to be canadian ? I hv full 1 year experience outside of canada which cums under noc b. ND blood relation points ?

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soni V said:
1 yr exprnc has to be canadian ? I hv full 1 year experience outside of canada which cums under noc b. ND blood relation points ?
It doesn't have to be a canadian work experience. But it should be under NOC 0, A or B. Blood relations will give you score in the six selection factors. 67/100.

PS: Can you please avoid abbreviating your words. It's difficult for me to read it.

Soni V

Dec 7, 2016
pacificislander said:
It doesn't have to be a canadian work experience. But it should be under NOC 0, A or B. Blood relations will give you score in the six selection factors. 67/100.

PS: Can you please avoid abbreviating your words. It's difficult for me to read it.
Thnx 4 rply..

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
Ascent said:
What r your Individual IELTS score?
Hello Ascent- this is my IELTS score break down- L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5 and S: 7.5 test date is March 2016. I'll be giving one march 2017 also, hoping to get better score :) thanks!

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:
Hello Ascent- this is my IELTS score break down- L: 8.5, R: 8.5, W: 7.5 and S: 7.5 test date is March 2016. I'll be giving one march 2017 also, hoping to get better score :) thanks!
You are already CLB 9, Its good that you r trying to maximize your IELTS score. But in my view 429 look promising score in current scenario.

All the best for your exam.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:
dude you are CLB 10 on all counts already, you cannot get any extra points on IELTS... dont write test again until expiry date is close...

good luck

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
thestunner316 said:
dude you are CLB 10 on all counts already, you cannot get any extra points on IELTS... dont write test again until expiry date is close...

good luck
Hello Stunner :eek: This is my spouse's IELTS breakdown; L: 6.5, R: 7.0, W: 6.5, S: 8.5 with overall score 7. Do you think if she takes her IELTS, it will impact our CRS score?

thanks,
Joel

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robinsonjoel said:
Hello Stunner :eek: This is my spouse's IELTS breakdown; L: 6.5, R: 7.0, W: 6.5, S: 8.5 with overall score 7. Do you think if she takes her IELTS, it will impact our CRS score?

thanks,
Joel
well if she maxes out her IELTS (CLB10 in all) score will improve by 4 points maximum... so not a lot of improvement.

did you get her education assessed by WES? That will also add some extra points...

zpactoid

Sep 5, 2016
Hi Guys,

I've been reading through this thread, I've read posts from people with 440 points desperately trying to push their hopes up.

While reading, in my mind, I'm saying, "440 pts? and they're losing hope? So what are my chances then!?"

I'm just feeling so down. I'm sitting at 415 points and seeing those with 440 feeling down, it totally robbed me of what little hope I have left.

So tell me, guys. Should I just give up and move on? My account will be expiring soon (I believe July) and I'm no longer sure if I want to create my Express Entry account again after the current one expires.

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
thestunner316 said:
well if she maxes out her IELTS (CLB10 in all) score will improve by 4 points maximum... so not a lot of improvement.

did you get her education assessed by WES? That will also add some extra points...
Hello. Yes, we got her WES for both of the degrees she posses. One is a 4 year undergraduate program and another is a 2 years masters program.

thanks!
Joel

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zpactoid said:
Hi Guys,

I've been reading through this thread, I've read posts from people with 440 points desperately trying to push their hopes up.

While reading, in my mind, I'm saying, "440 pts? and they're losing hope? So what are my chances then!?"

I'm just feeling so down. I'm sitting at 415 points and seeing those with 440 feeling down, it totally robbed me of what little hope I have left.

So tell me, guys. Should I just give up and move on? My account will be expiring soon (I believe July) and I'm no longer sure if I want to create my Express Entry account again after the current one expires.
why do you want to give up just yet? you should try for OINP, anyone over 400 points (plus some other qualifying criteria) is bound to receive PT notification from them...

i was at 422 points myself when i applied for OINP, and today i'm quite close to getitng PPR :)

dont lose hope mate - there are lots of options around... cheers

zpactoid

Sep 5, 2016
thestunner316 said:
why do you want to give up just yet? you should try for OINP, anyone over 400 points (plus some other qualifying criteria) is bound to receive PT notification from them...

i was at 422 points myself when i applied for OINP, and today i'm quite close to getitng PPR :)

dont lose hope mate - there are lots of options around... cheers
I did check on OINP, but the problem is the Canadian Equivalency of my education.

I have a Bachelor's degree (4 years) in Information Technology from a university in the Philippines. But after getting my education assessed by WES, it's only equivalent to Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years). Sadly, I don't qualify for OINP. Am I right?