+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAY of HOPE 54th Draw (Predictions)

Soni V

Dec 7, 2016
Hi there, Is it mandatory to score 6 bands in each to qualify in Ontario express entry human capital priorities stream? Ryt now I hv 408 points with 6 bands in 3 modules nd 5.5 score in 1 module. Is it enough score for this category?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zpactoid said:
I did check on OINP, but the problem is the Canadian Equivalency of my education.

I have a Bachelor's degree (4 years) in Information Technology from a university in the Philippines. But after getting my education assessed by WES, it's only equivalent to Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years). Sadly, I don't qualify for OINP. Am I right?
yes thats true... bachelors degree is a must.

try using a different ECA authority and see if you get a different result for your education... otherwise there are other ways of maxing out points.

IELTS - 8.5 8.0 7.5 7.5 in listening reading writing speaking will get you CLB10 in all modules, and max out the points.

if you are married, get your spouses ECA assessed, and write ielts as well... it will fetch you extra points....

if you can reach 430 by some way, i think that will give you a fighting chance definitely.

good luck

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soni V said:
Hi there, Is it mandatory to score 6 bands in each to qualify in Ontario express entry human capital priorities stream? Ryt now I hv 408 points with 6 bands in 3 modules nd 5.5 score in 1 module. Is it enough score for this category?
yes, 6.0 in each module is mandatory.

408 is an excellent score with those IELTS scores, you can easily go over 450 (if im not mistaken ) if you get the correct scores in IELTS... i would strongly recommend you write IELTS again and prepare well this time...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
play around with the tool above to see how many extra points you can get, and how ielts plays a massive role in scores.

good luck

Soni V

Dec 7, 2016
thestunner316 said:
yes, 6.0 in each module is mandatory.

408 is an excellent score with those IELTS scores, you can easily go over 450 (if im not mistaken ) if you get the correct scores in IELTS... i would strongly recommend you write IELTS again and prepare well this time...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
play around with the tool above to see how many extra points you can get, and how ielts plays a massive role in scores.

good luck
Thanks for reply, do u know what's the processing time of getting oinp nomination under this category? I tried to find on their website bt nothing is mentioned.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soni V said:
Thanks for reply, do u know what's the processing time of getting oinp nomination under this category? I tried to find on their website bt nothing is mentioned.
that i doubt even OINP knows.

When I applied last year, it was supposed to be 90 days, but took almost a year...

i believe they will try to stick to 90-180 days window, but i have no data or any credible source to back this information up with.

psh789

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
I am new to this forum.

IELTS L9 R8 S 7 W6.5

NOC 3131

CRS 405

applying with spouse

gave for IELTS revaluation as I was 100 % sure. Turns out I was wrong. They dint even check and send the report back in 16 days

Stupid agent advised no need for WES of Spouse, if I had done I would be at crs 415.

Should I go for OINP or do the WES and IELTS again?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
psh789 said:
I am new to this forum.

IELTS L9 R8 S 7 W6.5

NOC 3131

CRS 405

applying with spouse

gave for IELTS revaluation as I was 100 % sure. Turns out I was wrong. They dint even check and send the report back in 16 days

Stupid agent advised no need for WES of Spouse, if I had done I would be at crs 415.

Should I go for OINP or do the WES and IELTS again?
hi - write ielts again and increase writing to 7... just that will give you lots of extra points (i think over 20 atleast, check the CRS tool)
simultaneously, get WES assessed for your spouse, and also let them write IELTS as well... that will fetch some extra points (spouse doesnt have to get super marks in ielts, even average is fine)

i think you will be over 430 - which should give you a good chance for direct ITA

Did you get OINP PT notification ? perhaps thats another longer and expensive route you can choose

Soni V

Dec 7, 2016
thestunner316 said:
that i doubt even OINP knows.

When I applied last year, it was supposed to be 90 days, but took almost a year...

i believe they will try to stick to 90-180 days window, but i have no data or any credible source to back this information up with.
Thnx man...

PAVANVARMA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
one quick ? guys,

yesterday evening I changed my college name and submitted.

all the files are transmitted and my profile is activated from yesterday evening itself.

will I get ITA or not?Huh

anyone has this issue before?? Please help me

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PAVANVARMA said:
one quick ? guys,

yesterday evening I changed my college name and submitted.

all the files are transmitted and my profile is activated from yesterday evening itself.

will I get ITA or not?Huh

anyone has this issue before?? Please help me
unlikely. it takes ususally 24-48 hrs for any change to reflect on the account... always a big risk to make any change after sunday IMO ...

psh789

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
thabks for your inputs.

I am eaferly waiting for OINP NOI. I also recreated my profile. Still dint get any response