+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RAY of HOPE 54th Draw (Predictions)

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
Any chance we might see the scores go down as low as 430 this year? I have 437 but I will be losing 5 points this month due to age.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
vakatendeka said:
Any chance we might see the scores go down as low as 430 this year? I have 437 but I will be losing 5 points this month due to age.
Hi, welcome to the forum.

IMO you have a very good chance of getting an ITA by July this year, so I would start preparing. Another thing you can do is try get higher scores in you English tests if there is room for improvement. Having IELTS scores of L8 W7 S7 R7 or better can significantly boost your scores.

Check out RAY of Hope 55th Draw as this one is no longer active.

Hang in there!

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi, welcome to the forum.

IMO you have a very good chance of getting an ITA by July this year, so I would start preparing. Another thing you can do is try get higher scores in you English tests if there is room for improvement. Having IELTS scores of L8 W7 S7 R7 or better can significantly boost your scores.

Check out RAY of Hope 55th Draw as this one is no longer active.

Hang in there!

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
Thank you very much Tanaka, for the positive feedback. I have already scored maximum points on my language tests. Does having relatives in Canada improve my score?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
vakatendeka said:
Thank you very much Tanaka, for the positive feedback. I have already scored maximum points on my language tests. Does having relatives in Canada improve my score?
Yes it does. However, it must be a close relative eg a parent, grandparent, sibling, child, grandchild, or a real aunt or uncle. They must be over 18 and a Citizen or Permanent resident of Canada. Furthermore, you must have clear evidence of you relationship.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Yes it does. However, it must be a close relative eg a parent, grandparent, sibling, child, grandchild, or a real aunt or uncle. They must be over 18 and a Citizen or Permanent resident of Canada. Furthermore, you must have clear evidence of you relationship.

I hope this helps.

All the best.
relatives in Canada only affects the score during the six selection factors but not in the CRS scores. It contributes to the eligibility for 67/100 points and not in the actual CRS scores when you are in the pool.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
pacificislander said:
relatives in Canada only affects the score during the six selection factors but not in the CRS scores. It contributes to the eligibility for 67/100 points and not in the actual CRS scores when you are in the pool.
Really, thanks for the correction. The calculator http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp makes it seem as though one gets points in the actual CRS.

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
pacificislander said:
Thanks guys.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
pacificislander said:
Is the 67/100 points grid even still relevant? Everything I find on it is from 2015, and after the "January 1, 2016" updates to the EE process, I haven't seen anything else on it, or heard of it being mentioned.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Mthornt said:
Is the 67/100 points grid even still relevant? Everything I find on it is from 2015, and after the "January 1, 2016" updates to the EE process, I haven't seen anything else on it, or heard of it being mentioned.
Yes it is still the first hurdle to enter the EE pool. Once in the pool, the EE rules apply. All that EE did was provide a way for IMM to decrease or increase the flow of applications at any time. In the past, there was such a backlog they had to scrap the remaining applications and start over. A huge blow to many who waited for years for their turn to be selected. (For this reason, EE applications now expire automatically after 12 months in the pool). After this there was a list of demand jobs that eventually decreased from 38 to 29, I think. Each demand job allowed 1000 applicants with a set maximum annual total (so not all jobs got their 1000 maximum by the end of the year). EE has left the occupations unspecified and selected the top ranked applicants instead. In "the old days" anyone in today's EE pool could have made PR if they had the right occupation and the minimum of 67/100.