Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
B-1215
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TorontoPunjabi said:
Well, here is the thing. I fulfil the MEC requirement as I have completed 1 year but these points I got are for my second year. So , it is not really about MEC I am confused. I am confused about misinterpretation.
Hi there,

I believe you are not in any trouble of Misrepresentation since, you did not input any dates or gave wrong information. The CIC updated your profile as per its rules. Since you have completed your one year bench mark you can just go ahead and accept the ITA if you get one in the next draw, but submit the e-APR after your exact 2 year completion.

The reason why you got so the points so well in advance is that in EE profile you give only the joining month and not the exact dates. So I guess the system takes your profile that you completed your 2nd year in Feburary , [ meaning 1 calendar year is 12 months Jan to Dec. your case is March to Feb] this is why I think you got your points now. Hope this helps . Good luck for the upcoming draw buddy.

Raj2404

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TorontoPunjabi said:
Well, here is the thing. I fulfil the MEC requirement as I have completed 1 year but these points I got are for my second year. So , it is not really about MEC I am confused. I am confused about misinterpretation.

Hey there,

I think you should not worried coz of 2 reasons - First because you already fulfilled the MEC for CEC as soon as you completed one year and secondly you dint input any information, it been awarded by CRS system automatically.

But the question still stays, Officer will determine your final scores at the time of issuance of ITA / round of invitations or e-APR?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grwl_grewal said:
I think he has to decline the ITA. DelPiero07 missed this information.

Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC, which includes the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply; or
the applicant’s recalculated CRS score has fallen below that of the lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.
Answer remains the same.

Avisad agrees with this.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj2404 said:
Hey there,

I think you should not worried coz of 2 reasons - First because you already fulfilled the MEC for CEC as soon as you completed one year and secondly you dint input any information, it been awarded by CRS system automatically.

But the question still stays, Officer will determine your final scores at the time of issuance of ITA / round of invitations or e-APR?
They will both be assessed and compared, no such thing as "final score"

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhilsai said:
Hi DelPiero07,

I am in the same situation, I do not have any foreign work experience.
I will be completing my one year Canadian work experience in March 5th, but I have already created my profile and I have 476 points. If i get an ITA in the next draw and submit the e-APR after march 5th , based on the A11.2 can the VO refuse my application stating that I did not meet the Minimum Entry Criteria at the time of ITA ?
I am asking this because the section says

When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and

when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations. [I am confused at this 2nd point]

Please help me understand it better as someone at this forum stated the same point and told me my application will be taken as misrepresentation and could lead to rejection.
Whoever told you it's misrepresentation clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about. You're rightfully claiming a year of work experience when submitting your eAPR.

There is no material change in your application as you've entered correct information, the system simply gives you the points in advance but you're doing your due diligence by not submitting your application until you have actually completed X years of work experience.

Chandra6789

Feb 1, 2017
My wife has worked around 8 months as part time employee in canada but unfortunately she do not have any offers letters and she paid the taxes during that time...Would i need to include her work experience details in express entry profile or not to include her details..Please help me with this query...thanks inadvance

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chandra6789 said:
My wife has worked around 8 months as part time employee in canada but unfortunately she do not have any offers letters and she paid the taxes during that time...Would i need to include her work experience details in express entry profile or not to include her details..Please help me with this query...thanks inadvance
Depends on you, but if I were you I would not include her experience.
Although you won't get any points for her experience, still you need to provide the documents if you add her experience.....

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
grwl_grewal said:
Oh Alright, then u r on same boat like me. My 2nd year experience completes on 17 March, 2017. But I already have 13 extra points in advance.
Not sure how to deal with this....
Yup. So, we are starting this journey together. Just a wait for an ITA. Hope for the best.
Thanks

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Thanks a lot guys.

Nikhilsai
Raj2404
DelPiero07
grwl_grewal

That was a good discussion and I think I am sure what we should do. I can accept ITA since I am completing MEC for the program requirements but will submit the application by March. Meanwhile I will be getting my medicals, PCC and other documents ready.

Thanks

Chandra6789

Feb 1, 2017
Thanks Mumbai_Maratha for your explanation.

Currently i have not included her work experience in my profile...I was having a doubt earlier since She had paid the taxes during her part time work in canada, do i really need to keep this information in my profile or not...but as you said its up to us...im not going to include her details.hope this would not be any issues later

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chandra6789 said:
Thanks Mumbai_Maratha for your explanation.

Currently i have not included her work experience in my profile...I was having a doubt earlier since She had paid the taxes during her part time work in canada, do i really need to keep this information in my profile or not...but as you said its up to us...im not going to include her details.hope this would not be any issues later
If you're not claiming points then do not add it in the work history section, once you receive your ITA you can add such experience in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be requested if you do this.

Nikhilsai

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
B-1215
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Whoever told you it's misrepresentation clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about. You're rightfully claiming a year of work experience when submitting your eAPR.

There is no material change in your application as you've entered correct information, the system simply gives you the points in advance but you're doing your due diligence by not submitting your application until you have actually completed X years of work experience.
Dear DelPiero07,

Thank you so much for letting me know. Now I have a very clear picture of what I should do.