omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arrayofhope said:
I don't think the CRS scores would shoot up. After today's draw, there should be no candidates in the pool with CRS scores over 452. Unless 3000+ new candidates enter the pool between today and the next draw with scores over 452, the required points are only going to fall.
I think next draw will be 448 ::)

Jameszhaoh

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
garyastudent said:
Hi James,

You appeared for CELPIP? How is it as compared to IELTS?

Also, How did you prepare for it, You purchased a book or just online samples?

Please share your experience as I am planning to go for it as well.
Hey Gary,

Sure but I don't have experience on IELTS so I won't be able to provide a comparison.

Celpip itself is not hard at all, but for me, writing is the only challenge to get to CLB9 or higher. The entire test is done using computer including the speaking part. I prepared for it by purchasing online sample test and the free online samples, too.

Overall it's pretty easy to score CLB8 but for CLB9 or max you will probably need more than one try and extra study.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jameszhaoh said:
Hey Gary,

Sure but I don't have experience on IELTS so I won't be able to provide a comparison.

Celpip itself is not hard at all, but for me, writing is the only challenge to get to CLB9 or higher. The entire test is done using computer including the speaking part. I prepared for it by purchasing online sample test and the free online samples, too.

Overall it's pretty easy to score CLB8 but for CLB9 or max you will probably need more than one try and extra study.
My experience with CELPIP

First attempt: S. CLB6 L. CLB7 R. CLB8 W.CLB7

Second attempt: S. CLB8 L. CLB8 R. CLB7 W. CLB7

Third attempt: soon

You have to score all CLB9 in order to get the bonus points :(

If I have all CLB9 I'll jump from 440-506

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In CELPIP or IELTS, if we give test 2-3 times.....can we use the best result out of all ?
or do we need to use the latest one only ?

davegtx5

Oct 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mumbai_Maratha said:
In CELPIP or IELTS, if we give test 2-3 times.....can we use the best result out of all ?
i know for IELTS you can use anyone as long as its within 2 years not sure about CELPIP

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mumbai_Maratha said:
In CELPIP you can use the results from the same test regardless of how many times you have taken the test.

Raj2404

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garyastudent said:
Raj just go for it, there is no harm in trying, even if another $300 can give 5 - 10 Point in addition to what you already have then you will get the ITA sooner rather than waiting for it for longer.
That's True!! Thanks mate

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mumbai_Maratha said:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has a policy that you are not able to combine scores from different test dates. You can certainly use the test that you received the highest scores on, though.

Jameszhaoh

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
omar_ahmed21 said:
My experience with CELPIP

First attempt: S. CLB6 L. CLB7 R. CLB8 W.CLB7

Second attempt: S. CLB8 L. CLB8 R. CLB7 W. CLB7

Third attempt: soon

You have to score all CLB9 in order to get the bonus points :(

If I have all CLB9 I'll jump from 440-506
Good luck mate!

I really don't understand why there is such a huge gap between CLB 8&9 but tiny gap between 9&10+

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jameszhaoh said:
Good luck mate!

I really don't understand why there is such a huge gap between CLB 8&9 but tiny gap between 9&10+
Also because of my spouse I have lost about 40 point. My current CELPIP scores if without spouse accompanying 470+

I understand CIC reduced points because you basically apply for two people and your wife can collect points too, but I really disagree on this system structure, which I have the choice to apply alone and get the ITA and then apply for my wife after I receive the PR and most likely she will be accepted under Family Sponsorship.

To avoid the temporary separation that might takes 12 months or so!

Why, I can't have the option to select whether my wife collects point or not and still gain the same points as without spouse since we're already in Canada.

I'm not sure if the above make sense to you!!

Just sayin :(

Xmg2017

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I myself have been sitting at 443 for a year (clb10 ielts, outland applicant) and was beginning to lose hope with paused OINP, NS demand EE, and no NB info sessions nearby. But when i saw yesterday's draw i got really excited!!!

I look at it like this- Between 51st and 53rd draw there was a 15-point drop!! And me being 10pts away... Let's keep the hope alive for 440 ppl!!
im really hoping CIC is gonna break the 450 barrier soon, if they continue this trend :)

My guess is 448 for the next draw ;D

monnike

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 53rd draw gave us (those between 430-450) a much needed ray of hope. First, the number of ITSAs are on the 3k mark, and even if it drops a little, they are still inviting a substantial number of candidates, which could lead to a major decrease in CRS cut-off.
Also, It showed that the video by the cic agent ( from may i think), saying that they are aiming for low 400s may be true and achievable sometime in the next few draws.

Wishiful thinking 54th, fev 8th, crs 430, 3500 ppl

Realistically thinking CRS 447, 3000 ppl

Tatheer Zehra

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017