Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
15-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2017
LANDED..........
27-11-2017
Based on the end of year report most candidates we notice a whole bunch of candidates stuck on 400 449 so there no way the score gets there, within 3 draws we can expect to be down by maximum 12 points that will be 456 I don't think it will go any further than that.

keep your chins up folks, and fight to get your spots.

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagleeye_a said:
I meant that when they did the 50th draw, all those over the min CRS(whatever it was) were cleared from the system. From that time to today there 3k ppl with over 468(?).

Im not sure what CEC is? I didnt realize that they changed the points system in November either. Sorry kindof new to CIC and EE.

So if i understand you, the bulk of the 50th and 51st draw accounts for the changes to the points system?

Thanks for the "ray of hope" ;)
That is precisely what I am saying. Before NOV 19, CEC candidates (Canadian experience class) who obtained a 3-year diploma or a degree in Canada, scored at least CLB 9 language score and had at least one year experience in Canada were awarded points in early 440s. With the changes on NOV 19 these candidates were awarded additional 30 points for Canadian education. Candidates on ICT (Intra-company transfer) visas were also awarded additional 50 points provided they obtained a job offer letter from their employer.

It would be interesting to see what the pool configuration is after the changes. Since students, between 440-450 (before changes), who were awarded 30 points are not occupying those spots anymore. Will the scores drop significantly with that group of students (CLB 9) being cleared already? We shall see :D

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
Sitting at 465, quite hopeful in 2 weeks or at most 3 weeks. This is the first time i felt i have a very strong chance in the next draw in the last 5months. :) :)

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this thread reminds me of threads on previous draws... so much speculation! By the way no one can predict the cut-offs.. but the one thing that keeps us going is hope. So let's hope for the best folks.. may the scores drop further and everyone gets an opportunity ;D

Aspirants above 460 definitely stand a good chance in two weeks 8)

eagleeye_a

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Correct me if im wrong, as im new here and im sure many here have looked into it in greater detail by now..

Given the historical data, is there any discernible trend line in the min CRS score? I seems pretty unpredictable to me.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
williameyidi said:
Based on the end of year report most candidates we notice a whole bunch of candidates stuck on 400 449 so there no way the score gets there, within 3 draws we can expect to be down by maximum 12 points that will be 456 I don't think it will go any further than that.

keep your chins up folks, and fight to get your spots.
Is there a link to the Year End report??? I have looked and looked.

williameyidi

Dec 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2017
Nomination.....
Not Needed
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
15-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2017
LANDED..........
27-11-2017
Pippin said:
Is there a link to the Year End report??? I have looked and looked.
there isn't just I just based it on the year 2015 final report and also consider the 15 to 30 points that were awarded to Canadian students graduates.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
[quote
=dr.psr link=topic=467800.msg5684242#msg5684242 date=1483548377]

Hahahah..true. we had 1 in 50th(wont name him) and in this one too...
[/quote]

Dat guy dat was playing with ministerial instructions ? I told him he would be shocked at d outcome of the draw...am sure he is in cardoigenic shock now

sonu4677

Nov 30, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CRS requirement coming down

Keen observers of the Express Entry system noted after the recent changes came into force that those changes may have the short-term effect of the CRS threshold actually increasing, before eventually coming down.

This prediction, which turned out to be accurate, came from an observation that the requirements on qualifying job offers have been relaxed to include many candidates holding an employer-specific work permit in Canada (such as a NAFTA work permit, or a work permit issued to an intra-company transferee). As a result, more candidates could claim points for a job offer. However, the number of CRS points awarded for a job offer has decreased substantially — in most cases, from 600 points down to 50 points (though some senior managerial level positions are worth 200 points).

Once this increased group of candidates with a qualifying job offer had exited the pool, it was expected that the CRS cut-off score would decrease. Another important factor that bolstered this prediction came from the fact that over recent months IRCC representatives had made numerous statements that the number of ITAs issued per draw would increase. Although 468 is not the lowest ever CRS cut-off threshold, many candidates remaining in the pool have good reason to be hopeful that the requirement will continue to go down.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
eagleeye_a said:
Hello everyone. Newbie here. I posted the following in the 51st draw thread, but i think many of them are in celebration mode to bothet :)

I'm very new to the whole express entry thing (completed my ee profile in the past forthnight)

I'd like to offer my opinion on the claim that the minimum CRS points will drop....
Firstly, I dont think that will be very likely, as the assumption is that there wont be many/any new EE profiles created with higher scores.
Secondly, for every point you go down the scale you will get a lot more profiles than at a higher CRS score.(for example @600 there could be 50, @500 300, @470 600, @469 900, etc...

Just looking at the current draw of almost 3k, the min CRS was 468.

Not to discourage anyone here (my CRS is below 450). IMHO the only way for the min CRS to go down is if not many ppl with higher scores enter the pool, right?

Cheers
New bie or new butterfly, or whatever nomenclature you go by, don't run faster than your shadows .......wait and learn trends before you talk.....do have an idea the number of provincial nominations issued from Ontario in dis draw

vibhu1989

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all who got ITA. A New Year gift from CIC.
Seeing a downward trend in the score is encouraging. Currently in the pool with 453 points, any chance of the score dropping to this level before April? If not then I'll get my ITA in April as my points would increase to 478.
Also good luck to all for who are waiting and Happy New Year :)