+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

~~RAY of HOPE 51st Draw~~ (Predictions)

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
narindersahib said:
Hi Asivad,

My current CRS is 469. Based on your experience how do you expect the trend of CRS in the upcoming draw(s) ? I will actually be completing 3 years of work exp on 26th Jan. Currently it's 2.11

TIA
Is 469 based on three years work experience or two plus?

469 might be in for an Ita in next draw

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Castillo said:
Is 469 based on three years work experience or two plus?

469 might be in for an Ita in next draw
2 years 11 months... bcz of glitch i m getting points of 3 years in advance.... thats y we r talking about section A11.2

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
narindersahib said:
2 years 11 months... bcz of glitch i m getting points of 3 years in advance.... thats y we r talking about section A11.2
The onus of getting the right CRS point to ur profile is incumbent on you, so act wisely!!!

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Castillo said:
The onus of getting the right CRS point to ur profile is incumbent on you, so act wisely!!!
Thanks Castillo,

My only worry is about the trend of CRS in last express draws. It should remain near to 469 in upcoming draws.. anyways it will be more visible in next draw..

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Hi Narinder and all,

Happy new year to everyone and hopefully 2017 will bring happiness and peace to this world..!!!

Now regarding section 11.2,
There is a difference between Canadian experience and International experience. In that the officers are more strict with counting the Canadian experience, especially like in my case that I only have one year Canadian experience to qualify. Therefore in this case you need to accept the ITA not more than 1 week before you complete the full 52 weeks of Canadian experience AND submit after you fully complete the 52 weeks experience.

In your case its ok to accept ITA, however you need to submit application after you reach the 3 years mark, and have the Employment letter dated exactly at the 3 years mark.

Rejections as Kryt0n correctly posted, were discussed in this forum for a long time now, however most were either they didn't have 1 full year continuous work experience for FSW, or they accepted ITA for CEC way early and submitted before completing the 1 full year canadian work experience.

Some were accepted from both FSW and CEC and were issued PRs.

Therefore to sum up, in your case, accept ITA, however submit only when you have the letter of work dated on the three years mark.

Good luck.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
narindersahib said:
Thanks Castillo,

My only worry is about the trend of CRS in last express draws. It should remain near to 469 in upcoming draws.. anyways it will be more visible in next draw..
Just move the start month forward so you aren't given the points too early.

vasim

Aug 2, 2012
Immigration minister said to increase international students invitation from 30% to 40%. I think this is the clue of minimum cut off . Before it was 450 last year... this time it can go minimum to 440.. or if there is any program specific draw,then it is different case...

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
vasim said:
Immigration minister said to increase international students invitation from 30% to 40%. I think this is the clue of minimum cut off . Before it was 450 last year... this time it can go minimum to 440.. or if there is any program specific draw,then it is different case...

I think what the minister meant is that by giving the students 15-30 points, they have a better chance to get invited and hence increase the rate from 30 to 40%.

Regarding the cut off score minimum for 2017, very hard to predict that.

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
kryt0n said:
Just move the start month forward so you aren't given the points too early.
I just checked my profile and I too have the same issue: my CRS should be at 471, but automatically updated to 496 as it's counting 2 Years CEC experience. However, in reality I will only reach the 2 year mark Feb/12/2017 so I'm still 42 days away.

Since I'm now at 496, my chances of getting an ITA the next round I think are pretty high and I need your advice. Based on what others have mentioned, the way I see it I have 3 options:

1. Accept the ITA, but do not submit the application until Feb/12/2017. Use this time to get the PCC and Medical done. However, Employer letter must be obtained on or after Feb/12/2017. Also, mention this in LoE. Since I have 90days from the time I receive an ITA to submit all the docs, I'm not too concerned about the loss of time. My fear with this option is if this will come back and bite me in some way as I am technically accepting the ITA at least 38 days (assuming there's a draw on Jan/04/2017) before I am actually eligible.
2. Decline the ITA. Hope and pray that I don't lose my job until at least Feb/12/2017 and that I get another ITA soon after (PGWP expiring May/14/2017)
3. As kryton mentioned, change the start date 1 month forward so this "glitch" doesn't affect me and change it back on/after/just before Feb/12/2017. However, I am not sure how long CIC takes to update the points after I make changes to my profile.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Which option do you prefer and why?

Thanks a lot for your help :D

*EDIT* I created a new thread so as to not hijack this. For anyone else in a similar situation, thread is titled "Help! CIC giving add'l points before completion of work experience"

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Pls see my reply to Narinder above.

You are too far out. Decline and accept an ITA closer to your 3 years mark, 1-2 weeks is ok but not 38 days. And of course only submit after the 3 yrs mark (i.e Feb 12th in your case).

Obviously there is no need for you to take any risks, since your OWP will expire in May, plenty of time to accept ITA end of Feb, and before your OWP expires apply for BOWP. Easy Peasy Japaneasy.

Others who took the risk, were in much much worse cases (i.e. on implied status).

Good luck.

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Broken Heart said:
Pls see my reply to Narinder above.

You are too far out. Decline and accept an ITA closer to your 3 years mark, 1-2 weeks is ok but not 38 days. And of course only submit after the 3 yrs mark (i.e Feb 12th in your case).

Obviously there is no need for you to take any risks, since your OWP will expire in May, plenty of time to accept ITA end of Feb, and before your OWP expires apply for BOWP. Easy Peasy Japaneasy.

Others who took the risk, were in much much worse cases (i.e. on implied status).

Good luck.
thanks for your response Broken Heart. I checked your previous response as well.
1-2 weeks is ok but not 38 days - where are you getting this information from? I am obviously not trying to be rude or anything, but just wanted to know if there is a source/reference you are basing this on as I am hearing different answers (perhaps because this is subjective and hence there is no right/wrong answer?)

thanks again

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
kryt0n said:
I wasn't aware that after the first year of continuous few, that afterwards it's cumulative.
Hello!

You mean it has to be continuous work in the same field and not necessarily in the same company right?

For example, my wife (primary applicant for now while I haven't graduated yet) has worked for company A for 11 months and then transferred to company B (working there for 5 months now) for the exact same job, job description in contract and NOC code. This also count as 1 year continuous work right?

Also, do we get extra points for submitting a picture with the prime minister? ;D

Happy New Year and may this year be the year we all get that PR!

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
azaadpanchee said:
thanks for your response Broken Heart. I checked your previous response as well.
1-2 weeks is ok but not 38 days - where are you getting this information from? I am obviously not trying to be rude or anything, but just wanted to know if there is a source/reference you are basing this on as I am hearing different answers (perhaps because this is subjective and hence there is no right/wrong answer?)

thanks again
I am basing this on experience from other members on this forum.

And there is a correct answer, which is as I explained in one of my previous posts, section 11.2, which is very clear that you need to qualify on ITA AND eAPR. Period.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Broken Heart said:
Hi Narinder and all,

Happy new year to everyone and hopefully 2017 will bring happiness and peace to this world..!!!

Now regarding section 11.2,
There is a difference between Canadian experience and International experience. In that the officers are more strict with counting the Canadian experience, especially like in my case that I only have one year Canadian experience to qualify. Therefore in this case you need to accept the ITA not more than 1 week before you complete the full 52 weeks of Canadian experience AND submit after you fully complete the 52 weeks experience.

In your case its ok to accept ITA, however you need to submit application after you reach the 3 years mark, and have the Employment letter dated exactly at the 3 years mark.

Rejections as Kryt0n correctly posted, were discussed in this forum for a long time now, however most were either they didn't have 1 full year continuous work experience for FSW, or they accepted ITA for CEC way early and submitted before completing the 1 full year canadian work experience.

Some were accepted from both FSW and CEC and were issued PRs.

Therefore to sum up, in your case, accept ITA, however submit only when you have the letter of work dated on the three years mark.

Good luck.
Just saw your post.. thanks for putting in explanation.
Regarding reference letter, I have already received it from my current employer in Nov16. and to prove 3 years of exp, defn I will submit it post completing actual exp ( 26th Jan). On documentation part, I am also planning to submit salary slips of dec and jan along with reference letters. if required LOE as well. let me know if you have different view on this.

TIA

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
azaadpanchee said:
I just checked my profile and I too have the same issue: my CRS should be at 471, but automatically updated to 496 as it's counting 2 Years CEC experience. However, in reality I will only reach the 2 year mark Feb/12/2017 so I'm still 42 days away.

Since I'm now at 496, my chances of getting an ITA the next round I think are pretty high and I need your advice. Based on what others have mentioned, the way I see it I have 3 options:

1. Accept the ITA, but do not submit the application until Feb/12/2017. Use this time to get the PCC and Medical done. However, Employer letter must be obtained on or after Feb/12/2017. Also, mention this in LoE. Since I have 90days from the time I receive an ITA to submit all the docs, I'm not too concerned about the loss of time. My fear with this option is if this will come back and bite me in some way as I am technically accepting the ITA at least 38 days (assuming there's a draw on Jan/04/2017) before I am actually eligible.
2. Decline the ITA. Hope and pray that I don't lose my job until at least Feb/12/2017 and that I get another ITA soon after (PGWP expiring May/14/2017)
3. As kryton mentioned, change the start date 1 month forward so this "glitch" doesn't affect me and change it back on/after/just before Feb/12/2017. However, I am not sure how long CIC takes to update the points after I make changes to my profile.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Which option do you prefer and why?

Thanks a lot for your help :D

*EDIT* I created a new thread so as to not hijack this. For anyone else in a similar situation, thread is titled "Help! CIC giving add'l points before completion of work experience"

in your case, you may receive ITA based on 471 only ( predicting this score in jan). No need to wait till Feb, just submit exp documents for cont. 1 year along with LOE.