+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

~~RAY of HOPE 51st Draw~~ (Predictions)

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
How many points do you have now?
Hey Kryt0n! My wife is the main applicant and we have 456 points together. On March 1st we loose 5 points due to my wife's b-day :-(

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Broken Heart said:
I just posted the list of LMIA exempt categories, and here you go another more detailed one:
Jobs exempt from the LMIA

You may be exempt from needing an LMIA for Express Entry if your current temporary job is LMIA-exempt, states a specific employer, and is:

covered by an international agreement like NAFTA or GATS, and non-trade agreements. This can include professionals, traders and investors.
covered by an agreement between Canada and a province or territory. This includes “significant investment” projects.
exempt for “Canadian interests” reasons:
“significant benefit” – if your employer can prove you will bring an important social, cultural, and/or economic benefit to Canada. This can include:
general: Self-employed engineers, technical workers, creative and performing artists, etc.
workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience
workers under Mobilité francophone
reciprocal employment – lets foreign workers get jobs in Canada when Canadians have similar opportunities in other countries
general (such as professional coaches and athletes working for Canadian teams)
International Experience Canada – a work abroad program for youth and young professionals
people in exchange programs like professors and visiting lecturers
designated by the Minister
academics, including researchers, guest lecturers and visiting professors (sponsored through a recognized federal program)
competitiveness and public policy
medical residents and fellows
post-doctoral fellows and people who have won academic awards from Canadian schools
people who have post-graduate work permits that are employer-specific
Charity and religious work (not including volunteers)

These categories can be exempt only if you also meet the criteria in the first section of this page.

Note: jobs that are exempt from needing an LMIA still need a work permit.

The IEC and PGWP, are both LMIA exempt however they do not qualify for the points. Period.

Now regarding how ppl work on IEC, they first come to Canada under the Working Holiday category of 1 yr, then find a job, and then either apply under CEC or apply for Young Professional (YP) program for the second year. Of course some countries can have 2 yrs working holidays. Like Australia, therefore it depends where are you from.
Thanks for clarification! Seems you could be right on this :( But being honest I'm still a bit confused about this. To me it is not clearly stated....

About how to secure a job for the young professionals program: I am a Swiss National and we only have the possibility to participate under young professionals. Working Holiday is not available to us... So how does Canada expect us to get a job under the program if applying from abroad is pointless?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kearnixer said:
Thanks for clarification! Seems you could be right on this :( But being honest I'm still a bit confused about this. To me it is not clearly stated....

About how to secure a job for the young professionals program: I am a Swiss National and we only have the possibility to participate under young professionals. Working Holiday is not available to us... So how does Canada expect us to get a job under the program if applying from abroad is pointless?
If you speak French you have also Mobilite Francophone that is available. But also in that case you need job offer first (which is hard to get).

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, sorry for bringing this up again and for being a bit stubborn. Referring to Broken Heart's answer regarding the "extra points" under IEC young professionals:

On the CIC website you can find the following explanation on the recent changes:

An LMIA will no longer be needed for certain qualifying job offers to receive CRS points as well as points for arranged employment under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. Many people in Canada on an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry, including those:

- here under the North America Free Trade Agreement
- here under a federal-provincial agreement
- here under Mobilité Francophone or
- are an intra-company transferee

as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer.

UNQUOTE

I understand the above that by saying "including those" it means it is not limited to the agreements outlined above (NAFTA, Francophone etc). Then right under you will find a link named "Find out more about jobs that are exempt from needing an LMIA.". When you click on the link it will bring you to a page saying amongst others the following:

For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you:

- have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
- have a valid job offer, and
- have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under
a) an international agreement
b) a federal-provincial agreement or
c) the “Canadian interests” category

UNQUOTE

When you scroll down you will see that the IEC Young Professionals Program is part of "the Canadian interests category" (the same list Broken Heart posted earlier).

So can someone explain why you shouldn't receive the extra points under IEC Young Professionals after completing one year under the program in a 0, A or B job?

Sorry if it is obvious and I completely missed out on something. But I don't see it yet :) Thanks a lot for your help guys!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kearnixer said:
Guys, sorry for bringing this up again and for being a bit stubborn. Referring to Broken Heart's answer regarding the "extra points" under IEC young professionals:

On the CIC website you can find the following explanation on the recent changes:

An LMIA will no longer be needed for certain qualifying job offers to receive CRS points as well as points for arranged employment under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. Many people in Canada on an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry, including those:

- here under the North America Free Trade Agreement
- here under a federal-provincial agreement
- here under Mobilité Francophone or
- are an intra-company transferee

as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer.

UNQUOTE

I understand the above that by saying "including those" it means it is not limited to the agreements outlined above (NAFTA, Francophone etc). Then right under you will find a link named "Find out more about jobs that are exempt from needing an LMIA.". When you click on the link it will bring you to a page saying amongst others the following:

For Express Entry, your employer doesn’t need an LMIA if you:

- have been working full-time for the employer on your work permit for at least one year (or an equal amount of part-time work)
- have a valid job offer, and
- have a valid work permit that is exempt from an LMIA under
a) an international agreement
b) a federal-provincial agreement or
c) the “Canadian interests” category

UNQUOTE

When you scroll down you will see that the IEC Young Professionals Program is part of "the Canadian interests category" (the same list Broken Heart posted earlier).

So can someone explain why you shouldn't receive the extra points under IEC Young Professionals after completing one year under the program in a 0, A or B job?

Sorry if it is obvious and I completely missed out on something. But I don't see it yet :) Thanks a lot for your help guys!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

You also have to consider that you'll need a valid job offer from your employer for one year after you receive your PR.

It is not as simple as working for a full year and you magically get 50 points.

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

You also have to consider that you'll need a valid job offer from your employer for one year after you receive your PR.

It is not as simple as working for a full year and you magically get 50 points.
Yes that I understood. But if I have worked for an employer under the IEC young professionals for at least one year and then the company gives me a valid job offer I receive the extra 50 points, correct?
If yes it means that you can obtain the extra 50 points through the IEC young professionals if everything flows well (meaning that the company gives you that valid job offer after one year).

And the valid job offer does not require an LMIA, correct?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kearnixer said:
Yes that I understood. But if I have worked for an employer under the IEC young professionals for at least one year and then the company gives me a valid job offer I receive the extra 50 points, correct?
If yes it means that you can obtain the extra 50 points through the IEC young professionals if everything flows well (meaning that the company gives you that valid job offer after one year).

And the valid job offer does not require an LMIA, correct?
Sure, as long as the work permit is employer-specific.

And yes, you don't necessarily need LMIA to have a valid job offer.

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Sure, as long as the work permit is employer-specific.

And yes, you don't necessarily need LMIA to have a valid job offer.
Yes, the IEC Young Professionals should be employer-specific as far as I know! But I will double check that.

Thanks for your answers DelPiero07! I just started to get confused because people said it's not possible to reach the 50 extra points through the IEC young professionals program. But I'm fully aware I still would need that job offer after a year! And that is surely not a piece of cake!

However, the bigger challenge for now is to even get a job in order to participate under the iec program! Unfortunately I don't have this option to go on a working holiday visa first to make me available for interviews in Canada! :-(

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
BG: NN->IP 22-02-2017
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Kearnixer said:
Yes, the IEC Young Professionals should be employer-specific as far as I know! But I will double check that.

Thanks for your answers DelPiero07! I just started to get confused because people said it's not possible to reach the 50 extra points through the IEC young professionals program. But I'm fully aware I still would need that job offer after a year! And that is surely not a piece of cake!

However, the bigger challenge for now is to even get a job in order to participate under the iec program! Unfortunately I don't have this option to go on a working holiday visa first to make me available for interviews in Canada! :-(

Hi Kearnixer,

You are confusing the two quotes, the first one shows the groups that qualify for the CRS points without LMIA, the second one is talking about LMIA exempt in general, and NOT the points.

As I said earlier CIC on things like this they specifically tell you which groups qualify, and IEC is a huge group to leave out, you have at least 30,000 people coming to Canada every year from Ireland, UK and Australia alone. Therefore pls be calm and rational when interpreting info.

As I said earlier IEC including young professionals they do NOT benefit from these points yet, hopefully CIC changes this in the future.

If you read everything you will come to know that is the case, and also it was posted on the news of Canadavisa when these changes took place as well. same interpretation.

Check out these links as well:
cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

canadavisa.com/news/allocation-points-job-offers-canadian-education-reforms-comprehensive-ranking-system.html

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Broken Heart said:
Hi Kearnixer,

You are confusing the two quotes, the first one shows the groups that qualify for the CRS points without LMIA, the second one is talking about LMIA exempt in general, and NOT the points.

As I said earlier CIC on things like this they specifically tell you which groups qualify, and IEC is a huge group to leave out, you have at least 30,000 people coming to Canada every year from Ireland, UK and Australia alone. Therefore pls be calm and rational when interpreting info.

As I said earlier IEC including young professionals they do NOT benefit from these points yet, hopefully CIC changes this in the future.

If you read everything you will come to know that is the case, and also it was posted on the news of Canadavisa when these changes took place as well. same interpretation.

Check out these links as well:
cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

canadavisa.com/news/allocation-points-job-offers-canadian-education-reforms-comprehensive-ranking-system.html
Hi Broken Heart!

OK, so that means that list where it says "including those" is conclusive. My God, this just shows how confused you can get after reading on the CIC website!

Thanks again guys for all your answers! Now I can just pray and hope that the points will come down to the 450s again!!

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Kearnixer,

Try and see if you can improve your English results or add French in the mix, or look into Ontario PNP or Quebec route.

Yes, many people predict that this year we might even go lower than 450. Let's hope it is true.

all the best.

Broken Heart

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Interview........
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
kryt0n said:
So..... Draw tomorrow?
easy now Kryt0n, unless where you are it is already Tuesday.

I think it is either 4th, 5th or 6th. Most probably Wednesday the 4th. CRS I guess around same as last time for first draw of the year. Hope I am wrong and it is 450. :p

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Broken Heart said:
Kearnixer,

Try and see if you can improve your English results or add French in the mix, or look into Ontario PNP or Quebec route.

Yes, many people predict that this year we might even go lower than 450. Let's hope it is true.

all the best.
Yes I'm considering these options too. I will probably try to brush up my French. My wife is the main applicant and we have 456 points together. We both have CLB 9 in English. With great effort my wife could gain an extra 3 points by re-trying the IELTS.
But the real boost would give me with a second diploma, Master's or by gaining Canadian work experience (that's why the idea with IEC). But securing a job from outside Canada = not easy :-(