VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Caesarpy said:
OK... Anyways, hope I can get ITA soon... Have been waiting for nearly 7 months...
I'm almost at 2 years... Buckle up dude! :p

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
463 here but i doubt that scores will reach that low anyways
Well they already have once before...

sandyin

May 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scores are going up.
Thousands of intl. students have been waiting in the pool from past two years for these changes.
All of the students will get those extra points and bring up the cutout because cic won't pick all in one shot.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
sandyin said:
Scores are going up.
Thousands of intl. students have been waiting in the pool from past two years for these changes.
All of the students will get those extra points and bring up the cutout because cic won't pick all in one shot.
Is an increase expected for international students??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
Is an increase expected for international students??
Maybe, but not necessarily. There will be more students above mid range, but lots of low skilled lmia now below.

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
Well, being an FSW candidate, i have been waiting anxiously and excitedly for an upcoming draw but with the recent changes announced, i feel that there will be an increase in CRS Cutt-off though ITA's will be on higher side too, Seems like upcoming draws will contain majority of CEC candidates and minority of FSW candidates. Cant see 460 in naer future :( :(

joohi

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you guys are telling me that there are chances that there won't be a draw on 16th, and also that the CRS might go up because of the new policy!! :eek: :eek: :eek:. That would be terrible.

I've been in the pool only since the last draw, but waiting for 15 days is crazy! Now there are chances that I might have to wait for 15 more for the next draw!!

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joohi said:
So you guys are telling me that there are chances that there won't be a draw on 16th, and also that the CRS might go up because of the new policy!! :eek: :eek: :eek:. That would be terrible.

I've been in the pool only since the last draw, but waiting for 15 days is crazy! Now there are chances that I might have to wait for 15 more for the next draw!!
We don't know if the CRS cut off will go up as the number of intl students and the number of LMIA holders is unknown. It might happen that they both will balance each other out, in which case the cut off scores wont be affected much.

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My gut feeling is that it's inevitable that scores will increase slightly. The net benefit of removing perhaps 300 LMIA holders from the top end of the pool is likely going to be overwhelmed by a much larger number of international students whose score was around 450-460.

Of course, there is no way of knowing how many international students there are in that range, but my money is on it being substantially higher than 300. In that case, CRS scores will rise on the next draw (perhaps even the next few draws) but I'm skeptical that there are thousands of students around 440-450. If I'm right, and ITA numbers remain solidly around the 2000-2500 mark I think we'll see a substantial drop by the end of this year, down to 450 or so, then lowering as the year progresses.

My bet is that it'll settle no lower than 400, but there are many factors that are unknown that could still affect this.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thourb said:
My gut feeling is that it's inevitable that scores will increase slightly. The net benefit of removing perhaps 300 LMIA holders from the top end of the pool is likely going to be overwhelmed by a much larger number of international students whose score was around 450-460.

Of course, there is no way of knowing how many international students there are in that range, but my money is on it being substantially higher than 300. In that case, CRS scores will rise on the next draw (perhaps even the next few draws) but I'm skeptical that there are thousands of students around 440-450. If I'm right, and ITA numbers remain solidly around the 2000-2500 mark I think we'll see a substantial drop by the end of this year, down to 450 or so, then lowering as the year progresses.

My bet is that it'll settle no lower than 400, but there are many factors that are unknown that could still affect this.
I really wished they provided monthly (or even bi-monthly) summary stats of the applicant pool. Just as a snapshot, like they do in the mid-year and end-of year reports

Would help guide our predictions a lot better!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
joohi said:

Hi,
I personally know a former international student working on BOWP his third year, who has been in the pool since March 2015! After the new changes his points will jump to 496 so hopefully hi's gonna get his ITA soon. I am sure there are thousands like him out there and still waiting!