Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-immigration-levels-2016-1.3825548

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
They have invited 1500+ applicants very consistently with pre EE backlog and now with the last draw of 1800 it is looking like the number is increasing. If it will not increase now it will definately increase from 2017 onwards because they said at the time of launching EE that it is 50% target of total immigration coming through EE and from 2017 all the applicants will come through EE. So with 50% they were inviting 1500 so they should invite 3000 applicants per draw with 100%. And with increasing the number of immigrants this number should increase to more than 3000. But let suppose 3000 is a unrealistic number. But what I understand with EE taking 100% applicants they cant stick to 1500 per draw because they will miss their targets that way. So there will be atleast 2000-2500 ITAs per draw from 2017 onwards and with high number of ITAs given consistently after every 2 weeks the score will fall automatically below 450.
i hope you are right, but i would be surprised if score falls below 450... particularly if they tweak the EE points system to give more points to international students or applicants with siblings in canada

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedarsalan said:
yes, new criteria may go in favor and against. Not sure which side of the scale will tip.
similar to the line in that good for nothing movie the hunger games - may the odds forever be in your favour (which means it will favour the govt lol )

Ys.bk

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chiptole said:
I feel ielts listening is more of a listening ability test rather than "English language listening test"
More like accents test, I scored a beautiful 6.5 the first time I took the test because of what seemed to be a conversation between an indian lady and an Irish man couldn't understand a word. I flipped out and lost interest....

Months later I scored 8 (not bad for a third language). I believe it's about luck.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ys.bk said:
More like accents test, I scored a beautiful 6.5 the first time I took the test because of what seemed to be a conversation between an indian lady and an Irish man couldn't understand a word. I flipped out and lost interest....

Months later I scored 8 (not bad for a third language). I believe it's about luck.
lmao
man why would they choose an Irish accent recording... its pretty hard even for the best of us.. the only reason why i can properly understand irish accents is football commentary (EPL) and both my trainers in my first job were irish... but it would be pretty hard for a normal person to understand it, let alone in an exam environment

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
thestunner316 said:
i hope you are right, but i would be surprised if score falls below 450... particularly if they tweak the EE points system to give more points to international students or applicants with siblings in canada
Yeah that is right but it remains to be seen how much points they will award to intl students and to those who have siblings in Canada. EE year end report suggest that there were 60,000 active candidates in pool how many of them are intl students? Everybody cant afford to go and study in Canada so the number of intl students in pool will not be that high. If they will award them more points lots of them will receive ITA in the early draws and will get cleared up. They are also giving high points for canada work exp but still the scores are not consistently higher above 500 or somewhat. And same goes for the applicants who have siblings. Most of the applicants have uncles and aunts living in higher percentage than direct siblings Even I have my aunt living in Canada but no siblings. So I think these high scoreres will get cleared up quickly in first 4-5 draws after changes. And they are cutting points for LMIAs also lots of applicants have benifited from LMIA. I think there are 200-300 applicants in every draw with LMIA so if they cut that 600 to 100-150 pts it will benifit because these 200-300 will not be guaranteed an ITA then. Cutting in LMIA points will benifit more than disbenifits of giving more points to intl students or those who have siblings in canada. Thats what my logic says

Ys.bk

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
lmao
man why would they choose an Irish accent recording... its pretty hard even for the best of us.. the only reason why i can properly understand irish accents is football commentary (EPL) and both my trainers in my first job were irish... but it would be pretty hard for a normal person to understand it, let alone in an exam environment
Its mentioned in many IELTS listening tutorials that many accents will be used. I not a native speaker so for me its was like a suicide

JosephR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Yeah that is right but it remains to be seen how much points they will award to intl students and to those who have siblings in Canada. EE year end report suggest that there were 60,000 active candidates in pool how many of them are intl students? Everybody cant afford to go and study in Canada so the number of intl students in pool will not be that high. If they will award them more points lots of them will receive ITA in the early draws and will get cleared up. They are also giving high points for canada work exp but still the scores are not consistently higher above 500 or somewhat. And same goes for the applicants who have siblings. Most of the applicants have uncles and aunts living in higher percentage than direct siblings Even I have my aunt living in Canada but no siblings. So I think these high scoreres will get cleared up quickly in first 4-5 draws after changes. And they are cutting points for LMIAs also lots of applicants have benifited from LMIA. I think there are 200-300 applicants in every draw with LMIA so if they cut that 600 to 100-150 pts it will benifit because these 200-300 will not be guaranteed an ITA then. Cutting in LMIA points will benifit more than disbenifits of giving more points to intl students or those who have siblings in canada. Thats what my logic says
+1

V.F.S

Oct 6, 2016
Apparently the target for 2017 will be 300K again.

The good news is that the target for federal economic has increased.

news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1145319

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the current trend of high number of ITA's and points coming down, do you guys think it is reasonable to expect an ITA this draw?
I am sitting on 469 point, only six points apart from the last draw.

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
There should be draw on Wednesday for sure as BC invited 608 more invitation on Oct 28 and that will reflect on future draw. Again there is slim chance of decreasing the minimum point. I expect 465 would be minimum score but i wish it should be 450 as I am hanging on 451

BC Link
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Invitations-to-Apply