+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 45th Draw

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
vensak said:
2. Major reason why to give decent amount of points for younger applicants is less romanting. Younger people will not bother social system so much as they tend to be more healthy (and they will choose those healthier), they tend to work more and be less picky and demanding. And most importantly they are more flexible and it will be easier for them to return back to their country of origin after some years spent working in Canada (why else to be so lenient as to let people have double citizenship). They did not cost a thing Canada (all their education was paid by somebody else - country of origin or it was their own budget). And for Canada it preferably does not want to see that many of them to really settle down and burden social system.

3. In comparison people in mid 30th or older will be less prone to change again (usually they are already settled down and they do not want to repeat that proces any time in the future again). Some of them will leave very soon, while most of them wants to stay for good. They are also more aware of their value, thus is not that easy to exploit them as cheap paid labour (in their own profession of course). So it is clear, that they are not that wanted to immigrate. So they are higher potential for the social burden later once they become old.
They are good points, and I agree. But also don't forget to include children. The person in their mid 30's might bring 2 children with them who are prime to become a future Canadian workforce. The younger applicants are also just the right age to start having children, in which case they might not want the upheaval of leaving Canada again. So there's costs and benefits to everything.

I did read somewhere that it was suggested that IRCC reduce the penalty for age for senior executives. They're big wage earners/tax payers from the start but most senior execs are over 40 yrs old and they can't move here because of their Express Entry points... and as we all know it's near impossible to get an LMIA when you're outside of Canada (unless you're in IT etc...)

Lucky213

Mar 7, 2016
aniket2789 said:
I do Agree with this. As many people are waiting on 482 since June I think.
By the way is there any chance of a draw tomorrow , as it has happened on one or two occasions previously ,draws in consecutive weeks.In that case I feel It can be 480 or 481. lets hope the score comes down fast.
Yes, I think their will be a draw tomorrow , its just my assumption. If we remember the CIC guy in the video said 4000 to 5000 ITA from October. So what i assuming that they will skip one draw every month & will give 3 draws in a month

it will be like 3 x 1500=4500
its almost equal to 5000, hopefully my assumption get right tomorrow...cheers

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Lucky213 said:
Yes, I think their will be a draw tomorrow , its just my assumption. If we remember the CIC guy in the video said 4000 to 5000 ITA from October. So what i assuming that they will skip one draw every month & will give 3 draws in a month

it will be like 3 x 1500=4500
its almost equal to 5000, hopefully my assumption get right tomorrow...cheers
I don't think many people believe that guy in the video anymore

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
I don't think many people believe that guy in the video anymore
People with delusional optimism still quote that guy from time to time.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
don't think many people believe that guy in the video anymore
I bet that guy probably has no clue that he is a popular celeb in the forum.....popular for the wrong reasons of course! :D

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
People with delusional optimism still quote that guy from time to time.
Thats why the thread is called "Ray of Hope". Hope against all odds. haha. ;D

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

V.F.S

Oct 6, 2016
As far as I know lmia has to be approved. They could just stop giving so many to "mcdonald's managers" if it was the case.
I have a job in noc A and my employer would be willing to give me a lmia. However, I work in the oil patch and there is no way we can prove that there is not a Canadian that could be doing my job; moreover, my salary doesn't match with the position (at this point I am just glad I still have a job in this oil crisis).

Anyway, I also agree that if they want to change the points for lmia, it cannot be more than 100 or 150.

smuniverse

Sep 18, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
What up what up vato loco ;)
Qué tranza, jaja. Are you from the North? I lived in Monterrey a few years ago :)

What's your current CRS? Maybe when we both get ITA, we can help each other if needed.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smuniverse said:
Qué tranza, jaja. Are you from the North? I lived in Monterrey a few years ago :)

What's your current CRS? Maybe when we both get ITA, we can help each other if needed.
Nope, from the South actually (Cancun).

I'm sitting at 479, doing the TEF in Mexico City in a few weeks to secure my ITA.

Cheers :)

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
DelPiero07 said:
Nope, from the South actually (Cancun).

I'm sitting at 479, doing the TEF in Mexico City in a few weeks to secure my ITA.

Cheers :)
Curious, Are you native french speaker?