+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 45th Draw

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rusticdud
US to Canada?? Why man? Just curious.
Or you just have the American flag up there in your pic?

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
mukulabd said:
@rusticdud
US to Canada?? Why man? Just curious.
Or you just have the American flag up there in your pic?
In US now, want to go to Canada. Thought that's what the flag meant ::) no?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rusticdud said:
In US now, want to go to Canada. Thought that's what the flag meant ::) no?
That's what I am asking. Why do you want to move from US to Canada? Usually its the other way.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
thourb said:
Personally I still think that 200 CRS for an LMIA is too high. Take these two examples and decide who you think that the better person is to better the Canadian economy in the long term:

Applicant 1: Single, Age 28, Education: One year college program, Language: CLB7 in all areas, Foreign Work Experience: 3 years. LMIA to work at McDonalds. CRS=306 (plus bonus points for LMIA)
Applicant 2: Single, Age 28, Education: PhD, Language: CLB10 in all areas, Foreign Work Experience: 3 years. No LMIA. CRS=496

Whilst this is an extreme example, as the PhD holder in the current system would likely get an ITA anyway due to having a human capital score of 900+, how is it justifible that Applicant 1 "leapfrogs" him and gets an ITA first? That would be the exact case if you gave Appliant 1 an additional 200 CRS points for his LMIA (506 vs 496). The absolute best possible human capital score you can get without Canadian work experience is still trumped by someone with 306 CRS and an LMIA.

In the same situation where Applicant 1 got only 150 CRS for his LMIA, he would become competitive but would not be guaranteed an ITA as he is now.

I beg to differ. One of the people on this forum called "rusticdud" is a PhD but he has a lesser score than me without a LMIA or PNP (neither of us has a LMIA or PNP). I do not have a PhD but I am younger than him/her so I have more CRS points than him/her, despite him being a PhD. Here is that person's profile: (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/rusticdud-u629383.html) and below are his details:

CRS score: 480
Marital Status: Single
Work Experience: 3+ years
Education: PhD
IELTS - CLB 10

My details are in my signature to this post.

In the case of me and rusticdud, it is age which is differentiating our CRS scores, not our level of education. Rusticdud is more educated than me, but I am younger and therefore I have an edge over him in terms of overall CRS scores.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
They are good points, and I agree. But also don't forget to include children. The person in their mid 30's might bring 2 children with them who are prime to become a future Canadian workforce. The younger applicants are also just the right age to start having children, in which case they might not want the upheaval of leaving Canada again. So there's costs and benefits to everything.

I did read somewhere that it was suggested that IRCC reduce the penalty for age for senior executives. They're big wage earners/tax payers from the start but most senior execs are over 40 yrs old and they can't move here because of their Express Entry points... and as we all know it's near impossible to get an LMIA when you're outside of Canada (unless you're in IT etc...)
Here is the catch - young children are mostly burden to the social system (education, health system). But their status in certain ways my not be the same as inland born canadian citizens.
Here is another funny fact - quebec was giving additional points just for the fact that you have small children (for first 3 and the smaller they are the more points you get). Why did they do that? According my opinion the calculation is simple:
1. people will usualy not go over 3 kids (it is way too expensive in Canada)
2. A child born outside Canada even if it achieves Canadian citizenship later does not give the same right for citizenship to the descendants as the inland born)
3. A child born outside Canada means much less trouble for Canada in case parents will decide to leave.
4. Small child will follow parents if they decide to leave Canada, rather than to become independend and decide to stay and keep their residency
5. And small children will fuel specially paid system of kindergartens and nannies so the parents will use up Money faster
6. Alternatively small children can force 1 parent to stay home, where the remaining one is usually too burdend to be able to earn enough money.

Now when it comes to younger people, after landing in Canada, they usually postpone family planning as they need to stabilise first (unless they have it and if they have it the points above apply).

While people in mid 30 have either already teenagers rather than smaller children and again they do tend to prioritize family (if they still do not have children and want them they will rather have them as they can still go back to their career back home).

And yes correctly as you said, this system is a bit trap for Canada when it comes to small amount of experienced ones they really want. As the new system will mostly produced young semi skilled labour or young academics without that much experience of how nasty life can be sometimes.

But my guess is that rather than adjusting score for age, they will more like push the role to attracting executives on provinces (which is already happening if you check some of provinces requirements you can see the patern there).

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Arsalan Khan said:
should we expect a draw today ?
No. Nobody has any idea of when the next draw will be, but you should not assume there will be one today.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Nope, i'm fluent in Spanish and Italian so learning French was a breeze ;)
How long has it taken you to learn French in order to take TEF?

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DamhaSirah said:
I beg to differ. One of the people on this forum called "rusticdud" is a PhD but he has a lesser score than me without a LMIA or PNP (neither of us has a LMIA or PNP). I do not have a PhD but I am younger than him/her so I have more CRS points than him/her, despite him being a PhD. Here is that person's profile: (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/rusticdud-u629383.html) and below are his details:

CRS score: 480
Marital Status: Single
Work Experience: 3+ years
Education: PhD
IELTS - CLB 10

My details are in my signature to this post.

In the case of me and rusticdud, it is age which is differentiating our CRS scores, not our level of education. Rusticdud is more educated than me, but I am younger and therefore I have an edge over him in terms of overall CRS scores.
Not sure I quite understand your argument. The reasons that CIC give more points to younger people have already been explained. My argument is based on the assumption that age and experience factors are equal, but there is a gulf between two candidates in education. In the case that the lesser educated person gets an LMIA based on his "supervisor at McDonads" job offer and overtakes the PhD candidate.

Considering that all factors would point to the PhD holder being in a better position to contribute to the economy long-term, it can't be right that that the LMIA holder gets preference.

Waqas.vikc

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
I am unable to create my profile on Express entry as there is some known issue on CIC website mentioned by CIC on twitter.

What can be done about it.

I have my IELTS & ECA in my hands

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Waqas.vikc said:
I am unable to create my profile on Express entry as there is some known issue on CIC website mentioned by CIC on twitter.

There's not really anything you can do until you can create/access your account.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukulabd said:
That's what I am asking. Why do you want to move from US to Canada? Usually its the other way.
Canada is a pretty amazing country, way better than the US.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Waqas.vikc said:

Just wait , they are resolving this issue.
"You may experience delays while using the website. We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience."