+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 44th Draw

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Pat180715 said:
What I meant is that some applicants with jobs like cooks and meat choppers, CRS 300, ielts 6.0 and low education are lucky enough to have their jobs in in-demand list and they have advantage over those with white collar jobs that are not in in-demand list, CRS 450-480, masters degree, ielts 9.0. I'm not saying that some professions are better than others, it's just luck that some are in-demand. And to my mind OINP is more fair as there is no in-demand list and it gives a fair chance to everyone with CRS 400+. And if I applied a year ago I would have been nominated already, but due to circumstances I managed to have doc-s ready only this year and that's my fault.
Do we apply for oinp or they are the ones to pick and nominate from the pool

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Do we apply for oinp or they are the ones to pick and nominate from the pool
They nominate from the pool. However I have this feeling that this year might be a lot different. Higher score threshold perhaps. I also feel this year they will make it all online which is way better than what was in 2015.

I just hope hope hope they don't make it NOC specific!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ugh, you just know it will be.

I'm gonna guess 440 or above NOC, maybe even higher and like other provinces NOC specific. Especially since last year they were inundated and it's taken them a year to sort through.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
and like other provinces NOC specific
If they make it NOC specific, I think I will be hanging around in EE pool for a long time with my 452! :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Yup, same here. Even considering saving up for taking a masters in Canada at this rate.

I do have a job in the UK with worldwide/Toronto office so my back up is MAYBE to be transferred over there in 5 years time (once I have exhausted all other plans)

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
Ok,
I would not agree with this. It is up to Canada to say what is better for them - if people under skilled trades which are lacking in the country / province and most likely will hit a job fast.
Or a highly educated white collar, that might be struggling to hit a proper job offer and end up in heavily underemployed.
First one will be rather happy and seeing his carrer and life rising while the second one might be highly disapointed seeing his potential wasted.

Economical imigrant is just what it is. If you are needed you will be invited and if not, then Canada owes you nothing.
It is not about saving you from misery of your current life or making your dreams come true. It is about offer and demand system. You offer your services (in this case qualification mixed with languages) and they will say if it is needed and offer you certain possibilities.

In this view all systems have logic (general point system, in demand occupations or education and even first come first serve system) depending whom they want to see immigrate.
It is definitely true that Canada owes us nothing and it's up to them to decide whom to invite and whom not. It's just not everything depends on your human capital (level of English, age, experience). Sometimes it's just pure luck that your profession is needed. I'm a white collar, but I'm ready to work hard in any sphere. I am not going to wait for some high positions but will take any opportunity to make a living and contribute to the economy if Canada gives me such a chance.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
kryt0n said:
Yup, same here. Even considering saving up for taking a masters in Canada at this rate.

I do have a job in the UK with worldwide/Toronto office so my back up is MAYBE to be transferred over there in 5 years time (once I have exhausted all other plans)
I already have a masters. I have exhausted all my options. The max I can do is up my IELTS to make it 457. Nothing else I can really do except wait. And waiting is an issue too since I will be losing 5 points every year due to my age. Oh well. Thankfully I am in no real hurry. I am gainfully employed in Dubai. We are the Dubai ones CIC is worried about. The reason why they put in the "intent to reside" clause! 8)

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
johnsyk said:
They nominate from the pool. However I have this feeling that this year might be a lot different. Higher score threshold perhaps. I also feel this year they will make it all online which is way better than what was in 2015.

I just hope hope hope they don't make it NOC specific!
So they will be the ones nominating us not the other way around right,well my job bank profile is up but i didnt fill in all the details,is it mandatory to do so ?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Code:
So they will be the ones nominating us not the other way around right,well my job bank profile is up but i didnt fill in all the details,is it mandatory to do so ?
I would assume it is important to fill everything up? What do you lose by filling everything up? Sometimes you only get one shot..why lose it?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnsyk said:
Code:
I would assume it is important to fill everything up? What do you lose by filling everything up? Sometimes you only get one shot..why lose it?
From what I have read so far on this forum, job bank is not important at all. All you need is to have linked number from your it with your EE in order to make your profile valid.
In reality job bank is mostly used just to manage LMIA and most of the job on it are not really opened. Your chance to hit job offer from job bank is close to 0. What is more important is the EE profile itself especially when it comes to provincial nominations.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Erm, no. There is no quota anymore for the specific streams (that they have told us about).

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
vensak said:
From what I have read so far on this forum, job bank is not important at all. All you need is to have linked number from your it with your EE in order to make your profile valid.
In reality job bank is mostly used just to manage LMIA and most of the job on it are not really opened. Your chance to hit job offer from job bank is close to 0. What is more important is the EE profile itself especially when it comes to provincial nominations.
Yes exactly thats what i have heard as well