+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 172nd Draw (CEC)

kharwar_raj

Jan 10, 2021
Hi I just received ITA on Friday, I am a CEC inland applicant. I was trying to complete my file and I reached the part where we need to upload documents ( document checklist). On speaking with couple of my friends and colleagues I discovered that they did not ask me to upload Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) while my friends who applied in the past always had to provide one. Please throw some light here if someone knows why this happened and what would be the corresponding steps in case I would need to manually upload it somewhere. Thanks. @legalfalcon please assist

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Hi I just received ITA on Friday, I am a CEC inland applicant. I was trying to complete my file and I reached the part where we need to upload documents ( document checklist). On speaking with couple of my friends and colleagues I discovered that they did not ask me to upload Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) while my friends who applied in the past always had to provide one. Please throw some light here if someone knows why this happened and what would be the corresponding steps in case I would need to manually upload it somewhere. Thanks. @legalfalcon please assist
Congrats on your ITA. I got mine too, also Friday

I can only tell some countries will only proceed applicant's PCC only when they got official request from IRCC and they will send it directly to IRCC. I think PCC is always required.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The document checklist is generated based on the answers your provide in your application. As regards PCC:

Document requirements
According to the requirements below, the system will generate upload fields for the police certificates required in the document checklist using the personal history, travel history and address history provided by the applicant. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate from the applicant. Applicants may also provide additional police certificates in the letter of explanation field.

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
Applications that do not include a required police certificate and do not provide supporting documentation where required will be rejected as incomplete.

The officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them.
If you did not meet the criteria above, you will not be asked for a PCC for that country.