+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 171st Draw (PNP)

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I rentered the pool with a CRS of 471 without claiming my sibling's points. I guess COVID will make things slow now.

Does anyone know how the Atlantic Pilot Program works ? As my occupation is in demand in the Atlantic provinces. I did email the Newfoundland and Labrador immigration department to get some information regarding jobs in the healthcare sector, its been a week now I did not get any response.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Very disappointing scenario. My score is 468 and was hoping to get an ITA this time. If the all program ITA happens on 20th jan, what could be the cut off score?
As you may know, if there is CEC-only draw, then later cutoff for all-program will show an increase.

I would say 468 may or may not be sufficient, both are nearly equally likely.

You may have a look at the data here, from March 2020 to Jul 2020 to see how score evolved last year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

Anish Nanda

Nov 14, 2019
Results: Selection of candidates
Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System # 171 - January 06, 2021

Provincial candidates

View full text of Ministerial Instructions

Number of invitations sent: 250

Rank required to receive an invitation to apply: 250 th or above

Date and time of round: January 6, 2021 at 14:39:02 UTC

Score obtained in the CRS by the lowest ranked invited candidate: 813

Tie-breaking rule November 2, 2020 at 11:11:52 UTC
  • If more than one candidate obtains the lowest score, the tiebreaker will be based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profile.
Footnotes
Nominees from the Provincial Nominee Program were eligible for this round of invitations.
When will the next FSW all program draw happen according to you?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No one knows, but with coronavirus cases rising around the world, there could be consecutive CEC only draws.

Only time will tell.

abnan

Jul 17, 2019
It absolutely beats me that how can a temporary rise in Covid cases change the pattern of EE draws when the people who get invited in a draw will only land in the country after 7-8 months. Also, if the growth of the economy is dependent on immigrants, this is the right time to invite them as they will land when the pandemic will get over to build the economy, CEC is already doing its bit for the economy.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's most likely easier to process CEC candidates than FSW ones, and right now it's unclear how many FSW candidates can submit complete applications due to lockdowns and restrictions in their countries.

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I rentered the pool with a CRS of 471 without claiming my sibling's points. I guess COVID will make things slow now.

Does anyone know how the Atlantic Pilot Program works ? As my occupation is in demand in the Atlantic provinces. I did email the Newfoundland and Labrador immigration department to get some information regarding jobs in the healthcare sector, its been a week now I did not get any response.
Previously, ray of hope use to be crowded with a lot of people replying on and off. But now it seems like a Ghost Town. I hope CIC keeps the waiting ones for Canada in mind.

Reactions: |l|R|l| and 123hope

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
A lot of people are using the FSW thread now to talk about draws, which leads to people not using the designated ray of hope threads.

123hope

Sep 19, 2019
Previously, ray of hope use to be crowded with a lot of people replying on and off. But now it seems like a Ghost Town. I hope CIC keeps the waiting ones for Canada in mind.
Thats true :( its really heartbreaking, i am sitting at 468 and i had a lot of hope for yesterdays draw.. now i dont even know what to expect anymore... seems like my canadian dream is shattered....

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It absolutely beats me that how can a temporary rise in Covid cases change the pattern of EE draws when the people who get invited in a draw will only land in the country after 7-8 months. Also, if the growth of the economy is dependent on immigrants, this is the right time to invite them as they will land when the pandemic will get over to build the economy, CEC is already doing its bit for the economy.
I think if IRCC start takin just CEC and PNP again( like the beginning of Pandemic) it would be contradicted to their 2021 goals . I hope next week FSW draw happens

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I get the point of having PNP/CEC only.

The problem is that CEC processing is badly backlogged. Now if they are doing PNP/CEC only again, which means more cases sent to Ottawa for each draw, they won't have enough capacity to process them.
but if they start taking only CEC and PNP again , it would contradict their 2021 goals for taking more immigrants