+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 161st Draw - CEC

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Read this interesting article and studied the data as well. If the immigration levels are to stay like this, there is a chance that the points could drop down to mid 460s. Trying to stay positive.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-08-17/immigration-to-canada-drops-64-threatening-economic-growth
Looks very likely that they'll fall around 100K short of the target landed immigrants for 2020. Which could mean they'll increase the landed immigrants' target for 2021, which in turn means more ITAs in the next few months. Certainly some hope there. What we are seeing anyway is more ITAs. If they continue drawing 3,900 every two weeks till the end of the year, they would have given well over 10K more than last year's ITAs.

Reactions: joconstantine

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Then that's later than the ITA time, you may need to wait for the next round.
Not the ITA time, but the Tie-breaking rule time has to be taken care of!

Note: Tie-breaking rule is applicable only to those applicants who have the same CRS as of the draw cut-off !

If your score and the draw cut-off is exactly same then the system will check your EE profile creation Date and Time. If your profile was created before the time specified in the "Tie-breaking rule" then you will get the ITA precisely, otherwise you will have to wait for the next draw(s).

However, if your score is higher than the draw cut-off then you don't have to worry about the "Tie-breaking rule".

Aug 21, 2020

Note: Tie-breaking rule is applicable only to those applicants who have the same CRS as of the draw cut-off !

If your score and the draw cut-off is exactly same then the system will check your EE profile creation Date and Time. If your profile was created before the time specified in the "Tie-breaking rule" then you will get the ITA precisely, otherwise you will have to wait for the next draw(s).

However, if your score is higher than the draw cut-off then you don't have to worry about the "Tie-breaking rule".
How does the EE profile creation time work? Let's say that I create my profile now initially, but complete it with all the info and enter the draw next week. Is my profile creation date now or next week, then? Thanks!

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020

You are misunderstanding the original posts. At first that guy asked about the time he put his EE profile into the pool and whether that time is earlier or later than the ITA time.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
471-472 is where inflow meets outflow. That's the point from which it'll be difficult for the cut-off to drop, even with regular draws.

Right now however, there are a lot of candidates still in 475 which is going to be a reasonable barrier to overcome.

By my reckoning, around 1,500 candidates join the pool above 480 every two weeks. In addition, above 480, around 400-500 are leftover in the pool who were FSW and didn't get called during the PNP/CEC draw. So if there's an all programs draw on Sep 2nd, half of the 3,900 invites would go to those above 480.

The same numbers (fresh joinees from last two weeks + FSW leftover from the two weeks prior) for 475 to 480 is around 700-800 based on last few months' trends.

So by the time we get to those stuck at 475 since March, there are only around 1,200 invites left. It's difficult to estimate the density at 475, but it could well be upwards of 800 as well. So once those guys get called in the next draw, only a few hundred invites will be leftover and that's likely to finish in the 474 range or if we are lucky, a bit into 473.
Lets see as no one knows the density at a certain number. Even after a month gap between FSW, it still dropped from 478 to 476. So lets see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
How does the EE profile creation time work? Let's say that I create my profile now initially, but complete it with all the info and enter the draw next week. Is my profile creation date now or next week, then? Thanks!
I mistakenly said EE creation date instead of the Submission one. Apologies for the confusion! :)

Well, I meant EE submission date plays a crucial role, the date on which you entered the express entry pool. Significantly, the "Tie-breaking rule" is applicable only for the applicants, with the same CRS as the draw cut-off!

You are misunderstanding the original posts. At first that guy asked about the time he put his EE profile into the pool and whether that time is earlier or later than the ITA time.
I noticed there were few folks being confused about the Tie-breaking rule, especially the newcomers who recently entered the pool by submitting their Express Entry applications. That's why I decided to explain it here.

Kanu6041

Oct 12, 2019
Hi all ! My CRS is 486 Outland. I have all the required genuine documents and my real brother is Canadian citizen. How long will it take to get PR after ITA if i submit all documents in one week. Chances of rejection also. As i hv some loans on me. Which can reduce my net means then required funds. Please help.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
"My Viewpoint"

Well, there were 5000+ people (above 470) into the pool right before the "PNP & CEC specific draws" which held on *19-20 Aug* and the data shows the influx of applications available into the pool till 18th Aug !

So, considering the data we should deduct the number of applications which received ITAs in the previous draws!

Particularly, ITAs received in the previous rounds of invitations were:
PNP+CEC: 600+3300= 3900

However, 470+ Applications in the pool till 18 Aug were: 5672

So, (Available applications - ITAs received)
5672-3900= 1772

Thus, after the previous draws the 470+ applications left into the pool were approx 1772 + few additional applications (which might haved entered the pool on/or after the draw).

Hence, majority of CEC applicants have received the ITA and out of the pool. Therefore, the the remaining applications into the pool would be of FSW folks. Consequently, the very next draw could be a general All Program Specific draw and there would be a decrease of 1-3 points for sure making the cut-off at 473-475 ! :)

Stay forever hopeful. Good luck guys.

[Edit to my previous post]
I forgot to consider the 450s and 460s initially.

So, lets consider nearly half the number of 450s and all of the 460s applications:

5000 + 8506 + 5672= 19178 were the applications which were considered during the previous PNP & CEC draws respectively. Out of which 3900 got the ITAs.

So, 19178 - 3900 = 15278 are the applications still there within the range of 455 - 470s. As, all of the CEC applicants from 480-600 have already got the ITA!

Last edited:

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
"My Viewpoint"

Well, there were 5000+ people (above 470) into the pool right before the "PNP & CEC specific draws" which held on *19-20 Aug* and the data shows the influx of applications available into the pool till 18th Aug !

So, considering the data we should deduct the number of applications which received ITAs in the previous draws!

PNP+CEC: 771+3300= 4071

5672-4071= 1601

Thus, after the previous draws the 470+ applications left into the pool were approx 1601 + few additional applications (which might haved entered the pool on/or after the draw).

Hence, majority of CEC applicants have received the ITA and out of the pool. Therefore, the the remaining applications into the pool would be of FSW folks. Consequently, the very next draw could be a general All Program Specific draw and there would be a decrease of 1-3 points for sure making the cut-off at 473-475 ! :)

Number of PNPs are 600 not 771. 771 was crs cutoff.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
"My Viewpoint"

PNP+CEC: 600+3300= 3900

5672-3900= 1772

Thus, after the previous draws the 470+ applications left into the pool were approx 1772 + few additional applications (which might haved entered the pool on/or after the draw).

I don't fully agree with this. You took out all the 3,900 ITAs from the pool of 5000+ people with 470+ scores, where the CRS cut-off was just 454. There is huge number of FSWs left in the mid 470s and high 460s.
I do believe that these days, the majority of high scores comes from CEC candidates rather than FSWs.
If they continue alternating draws, the most I believe all program draw will drop is 2 points per month..
Just my thoughts :)

Reactions: Limitless

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I don't fully agree with this. You took out all the 3,900 ITAs from the pool of 5000+ people with 470+ scores, where the CRS cut-off was just 454. There is huge number of FSWs left in the mid 470s and high 460s.
I do believe that these days, the majority of high scores comes from CEC candidates rather than FSWs.
If they continue alternating draws, the most I believe all program draw will drop is 2 points per month..
Just my thoughts :)
You're absolutely correct mate! I missed that. Well, Usually, CEC applicants have higher CRS. Their density is within 480-600 range. I admit that I missed the 450s & 460s because I was emphazing more on the upper value. So, the sum would be somewhere around 13000(half of 450s+ all 460s)+1772= approx 15000 (including both FSW and CEC, No PNP ones.)

So, I believe the pile up of 476+ FSW folks wouldn't be much as they received the ITA previously, but yes a considerable amount of the folks would have entered into the pool for sure since the general FSW draw happened. Also, a large build up of CEC applicants would also have cleared considering the inland specific draws!

Lol, exactly. I don't know how they come up with these fussy explanations.
At least, we're trying and making use of this waiting period in order to divert the minds from the anxiety phase!