iam_ij

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Woah, pump the brakes, that's a bit extreme! :p

Here's the thing - unless you specifically ask for a document that has all of those details, nobody actually gives them by default.

I speak from experience; when I filed my application back in 2016, I had to ask all my former employers to give me a letter exactly like the one the CIC expected to outline what I did to meet the requirements, but it was Plan A. I had a backup plan to use based on what I saw via research on these very forums. Here's an example going back to 2013!

Plan B is simple - you keep the standard reference letter they gave you, keep your pay stubs (and make sure you get those for the period you were paid), your original offer letter and if you aren't including it already, your bank statements to show the salary for that period being credited to your account.

Remember: You are not lying about your experience in Company E, so you have nothing to hide and everything to gain by providing as much evidence of your work as possible, even if Company E is not being particularly cooperative. To be honest, most Indian companies would make it unnecessarily difficult too (it was for me, too!)

Do not take or think of such drastic steps to withdraw your application over things like this! Everything's going to be fine. :)
This is very encouraging but from plan b how do I show roles and responsibilities ? It might be case as incomplete application

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
This is very encouraging but from plan b how do I show roles and responsibilities ? It might be case as incomplete application
Your original job offer letter cover that - it covers your roles and responsibilities for the role, your compensation, working hours, etc and is what you agreed to when you took up the position.

If you have a colleague or coworker who is willing to give you a personal reference letter and a business card (if he is still working there) and is okay with the possibility of being contacted, no harm in including that as well.

jeevanjoseph

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hi Friends ,
My wife work as nurse in Indian Army ,right now she needs police clearence for my Immigration.
Can some one help me to clear my misunderstanding that wheather she need NOC from her Office.

When we had talk with her senior officers they are not cooperating with us and told us that they are not ready to provide NOC ,also they will file some case against us and make arrangements to arrest me and my wife beccause we are trying to leave the country.I dont know what to do in this situation they are making huge problem for us.She is unaccompanying spouse and have no plans to come to canada soon .

xzha700

Jul 9, 2020
Hey guys, I would be really grateful if you could give me some advice.
Me and my partner have 482 points applying together. However I'm not sure if our proof for common law is strong enough.
I purchased a property before we started dating and we have been living together in it since July last year. All utilities bills are only under my name as I'm the property owner. He only has couple bank statements which have only his name sending to our common address since July last year. All utilities are paid using his credit card though, I'm an additional card holder.
We opened a joint account, purchased life insurances with each other as beneficiary and purchased a small investment property together in December last year. So I guess we have enough proof after December.
I'm wondering should we wait till December to submit our application or should we submit now given IRCC is quite unpredictable these days..?

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Going to take a guess that you lost those points because you grew a little older, right? :)

I'll be the voice of experience and a bit of a debbie downer for what I think you're going to try to do (and don't worry, I was in a similar position) - by all means learn French, but know that the test for proving French proficiency is not for the faint of heart. Here in Canada, I've met folks who did have to give the exam and they've almost all said that the French exam for proving proficiency is orders of magnitude harder than the one most people give for IELTS. Here's some pearls of wisdom from one of the GOATs in here, back from when I was applying for express entry.

Mind you, these are French people who said this, so take from it what you will.

I'm learning French through the free resources here in Canada, but it's mostly because I like the language and always wanted to learn. But I wanted to give you a heads up if you were seriously trying to bank for the shortfall because you grew one year older.

My advice? Unless you were treading water with those 5 points, it's not worth the effort at this stage. All it will likely mean is that you might qualify about 2 lottery drawings later than someone else does. In the grand scheme of things, very minor.
Yes, thanks for taking out the time and replying. Yes, I understand it's not gonna be a cakewalk. And centres are not even open in India yet. So am hoping to learn the basics and hopefully get an ITA before it comes to do or die. And I can continue learning cause I do find it intriguing and I think it might help my job search.

Mehroj

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys, I need a suggestion. Hoping to get an ITA in the next draw, my points are 504 if I don't include my spouse, if I do, it will drop to 479. How do you guys think to proceed? Hope not, but is there any possibility the next draw may be higher than 479? The next 2 draws are my last chance of getting ITA because my LMIA will expire and will lose 50 points. Would appreciate any suggestions.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Guys, I need a suggestion. Hoping to get an ITA in the next draw, my points are 504 if I don't include my spouse, if I do, it will drop to 479. How do you guys think to proceed? Hope not, but is there any possibility the next draw may be higher than 479? The next 2 draws are my last chance of getting ITA because my LMIA will expire and will lose 50 points. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Of course include your wife! Cut-off did not increase above 478 even after 4 months of stoppage.

Mehroj

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks for your reply, I will do that.
Now I can't find the section to include my wife on the EE profile. Do I need to re-create my profile to include my wife or there is a section for this even after creating EE profile? Any idea guys?

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India
Now I can't find the section to include my wife on the EE profile. Do I need to re-create my profile to include my wife or there is a section for this even after creating EE profile? Any idea guys?
In case you haven't found it yet, you can update it under account profile section.
No need to create a new profile:)

Reactions: Mehroj

Mehroj

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
Upfront
In case you haven't found it yet, you can update it under account profile section.
Oh, great, thank you so much for your help. I thought it's not possible to change it after you are in the pool

Reactions: sisac9

Mehroj

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
Upfront
Still can't find it Under Account Profile only shows to update email.

Reactions: Igethope