+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

jasonhb

Apr 11, 2020
Congrats those who get ITA. I am at 472 point. Will the point be dropped down for the next draw?

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Congrats those who get ITA. I am at 472 point. Will the point be dropped down for the next draw?
It should...
Considering 7300+ candidtaes now at 471+, this draw must have taken out 3900 candidates from that. If it is well and good then next draw should be around 471 and will further come down as if they continue with all program draws.
But there is a high chance that more profile will flock in since they resumed draws...
#FingersCrossed

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonhb and Sadie05

ramneek9288

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Dear,

Stop spreading negativity on this forum. To be honest, you are not from Canadian Immigration who gets to decide which score will be the cutoff for next draw. It's stupid to say so. Everyone on this forum is educated enough to look at some basic statistics to see and understand what chance do they stand.

To clarify, IELTS testing in USA has not resumed and looking at current conditions here, it won't resume anytime sooner. Hopefully by September if things get better in August. Unlike other countries, USA doesn't have Computerized IELTS testing and it's all paper based which makes it very hard for them to open testing as it involves face to face conversation for the speaking test. This will be like a suicide for the examiners to having have to interact with so many people on any testing day.

Majority of the high scoring candidates with scores ranging 470+ are either from US or inland. They hold masters degree or Canadian masters + Work experience. I don't think majority of candidates from India or any other countries will have masters and hence high score ranges. With this being said, yes, there is a big pool of people waiting desperately in the USA to move to Canada due to Trump's anti immigration policy and several EO's. H1b's and OPT's here are fed up and the job market is very tough when you are on a visa here. So, as soon as IELTS in USA opens, things will heat up pushing the scores higher. Again in 470-480's range not more or higher than that. Just like the case before the pandemic.

Given USA has not resumed IELTS and there is very little chance for people here to enter the pool or to improve their score in next 2 months, the scores will continue to drop. It's not like people from USA can go to other countries to give exam. All borders are closed. People are worried to cross the US border even if they have a chance since the immigration might not let them back in on return. There won't be big influx of Candidates from Canada (CEC) applicants either in next 2 months either given express entry never stopped for them. They have been constantly flushed out from the pool with back to back CEC draws.
I am now looking at scores to go to low 455's if things remain the same until September (Which I am very hopeful about). But definitely up if things resume in USA. So, given this reasoning scores will drop to 469 ~ 470's in next draw, 465 ~ 470's in August 1st draw and 460 ~ 465 in August 2nd draw if this trend continues.

When you talk something negative, atleast give proper reasoning and just don't write everything just because you felt like it
Wow

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Congrats to all those who received ITA.

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Dear,

Stop spreading negativity on this forum. To be honest, you are not from Canadian Immigration who gets to decide which score will be the cutoff for next draw. It's stupid to say so. Everyone on this forum is educated enough to look at some basic statistics to see and understand what chance do they stand.

To clarify, IELTS testing in USA has not resumed and looking at current conditions here, it won't resume anytime sooner. Hopefully by September if things get better in August. Unlike other countries, USA doesn't have Computerized IELTS testing and it's all paper based which makes it very hard for them to open testing as it involves face to face conversation for the speaking test. This will be like a suicide for the examiners to having have to interact with so many people on any testing day.

Majority of the high scoring candidates with scores ranging 470+ are either from US or inland. They hold masters degree or Canadian masters + Work experience. I don't think majority of candidates from India or any other countries will have masters and hence high score ranges. With this being said, yes, there is a big pool of people waiting desperately in the USA to move to Canada due to Trump's anti immigration policy and several EO's. H1b's and OPT's here are fed up and the job market is very tough when you are on a visa here. So, as soon as IELTS in USA opens, things will heat up pushing the scores higher. Again in 470-480's range not more or higher than that. Just like the case before the pandemic.

Given USA has not resumed IELTS and there is very little chance for people here to enter the pool or to improve their score in next 2 months, the scores will continue to drop. It's not like people from USA can go to other countries to give exam. All borders are closed. People are worried to cross the US border even if they have a chance since the immigration might not let them back in on return. There won't be big influx of Candidates from Canada (CEC) applicants either in next 2 months either given express entry never stopped for them. They have been constantly flushed out from the pool with back to back CEC draws.
I am now looking at scores to go to low 455's if things remain the same until September (Which I am very hopeful about). But definitely up if things resume in USA. So, given this reasoning scores will drop to 469 ~ 470's in next draw, 465 ~ 470's in August 1st draw and 460 ~ 465 in August 2nd draw if this trend continues.

When you talk something negative, atleast give proper reasoning and just don't write everything just because you felt like it
Exactly the point for this thread to be created and staying away from negativity. Just to add by the time things get normal in US, Nov will be elections and the status quo might just change for h1b again! No one thought we could see 431 ever and see what 2020 gifted to CEC candidates, so yeah I think it might get around 455 this year!!

R888

May 15, 2020
FINALLY!!!! After a looooong wait since March, I got ITA today with 530 points!
But I’m still worried whether or not my documents will be all accepted without any mistakes... So wish me luck