+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I stand corrected. Thank you for sharing this.
No one stands correct here, there is conflicting information by IRCC.

I would still think the operational manual is more important than a tweet (which is given out by a social media team).

CRS468

May 29, 2020
I have made my Express Entry Profile (FSW candidate), and am waiting for the regular draws to resume. As a back up plan, I'm thinking of applying for a Master's degree in B.C. I have 3 queries:
1. Will I have to withdraw my EE Profile if I want to apply for a Master's degree admission?

2. If I get admission in the Master's degree program, will having an EE Profile have any impact on me getting a student visa?

3. Recommendations for an Admissions Consultant in Delhi?

Last edited:

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I have made my Express Entry Profile (FSW candidate), and am waiting for the regular draws to resume. As a back up plan, I'm thinking of applying for a Master's degree in B.C. I have 3 queries:
1. Will I have to withdraw my EE Profile if I want to apply for a Master's degree admission?

2. If I get admission in the Master's degree program, will having an EE Profile have any impact on me getting a student visa?

3. Recommendations for an Admissions Consultant in Delhi?
Regarding the first two points, you will not have any impact on education if you study despite having an EE profile. All draws might resume by August or early September. So re-think once before spending more than 25 lakhs (plus 6 lakhs of GIC -> insane present flight charges) and if your intuition tells you to study, just go ahead.

By the way, what's your current CRS and your ago. Importantly, what's your area of study in UG. Whether it is IT or others?
Cos IT is damn booming there and if you are into IT, chances are too surplus

CRS468

May 29, 2020
Regarding the first two points, you will not have any impact on education if you study despite having an EE profile. All draws might resume by August or early September. So re-think once before spending more than 25 lakhs (plus 6 lakhs of GIC -> insane present flight charges) and if your intuition tells you to study, just go ahead.

By the way, what's your current CRS and your ago. Importantly, what's your area of study in UG. Whether it is IT or others?
Cos IT is damn booming there and if you are into IT, chances are too surplus
Thanks for your response.

My CRS is 468. Will be losing points due to age on my birthday in November 2020. Haven't maxed out on IELTS so had booked another attempt which got cancelled due to Covid.

I'm a lawyer, so will any ways have to study in Canada to get my license, though I agree that the fee/expense is quite high.

Do you think a CRS score of 468 has chances of receiving an ITA?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thanks for your response.

My CRS is 468. Will be losing points due to age on my birthday in November 2020. Haven't maxed out on IELTS so had booked another attempt which got cancelled due to Covid.

I'm a lawyer, so will any ways have to study in Canada to get my license, though I agree that the fee/expense is quite high.

Do you think a CRS score of 468 has chances of receiving an ITA?
468 is a good CRS. Have a look on this page to see what the previous general draw minimums were. There were numerous last year that you would've received an ITA in, and perhaps if general draws hadn't stopped in March this year, they would've dipped below 470 for you.

What will your CRS be if you max out your IELTS? Any idea when you can get a new appointment to do the test?

CRS468

May 29, 2020
468 is a good CRS. Have a look on this page to see what the previous general draw minimums were. There were numerous last year that you would've received an ITA in, and perhaps if general draws hadn't stopped in March this year, they would've dipped below 470 for you.

What will your CRS be if you max out your IELTS? Any idea when you can get a new appointment to do the test?
I entered the pool in January 2020. In November, will lose 5 points due to my birthday, bringing the score down to 463.

If I max out on IELTS, CRS can increase to 471.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I entered the pool in January 2020. In November, will lose 5 points due to my birthday, bringing the score down to 463.

If you think you can max your IELTS, I would definitely go for it. The amount of time studying, and the amount of money spent redoing it, is so worth it if you think you can max it and get 471. That would put you in a really good position for upcoming general draws. 3 general draws in 2020 would've given you an ITA if you had a CRS of 471. Are you able to re-book right now or is your nearest testing center still closed?

Which country are you from? If it's India, someone in another thread on this forum said there have been some computer-based IELTS tests going on for a while in India. Try booking one here: https://www.britishcouncil.in/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations/paper-computer.

CRS468

May 29, 2020
If you think you can max your IELTS, I would definitely go for it. The amount of time studying, and the amount of money spent redoing it, is so worth it if you think you can max it and get 471. That would put you in a really good position for upcoming general draws. 3 general draws in 2020 would've given you an ITA if you had a CRS of 471. Are you able to re-book right now or is your nearest testing center still closed?
All shut due to Covid.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019

If you are a lawyer, your eca result should probably equal to a master education? In this situation, taking a master wouldn’t help to increase your crs.

First professional university degree in law=Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession=135 pts

CRS468

May 29, 2020
If you are a lawyer, your eca result should probably equal to a master education? In this situation, taking a master wouldn’t help to increase your crs.

First professional university degree in law=Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession=135 pts
Wouldn't that give me extra points while applying for PNP (International Graduate category)? Plus, once i have a license to practice, I can look for a job which can boost my CRS score (a little far fetched but there seem to be no other options right now!).

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I am a lawyer too.

Are you planning to do the JD or the FLTP (foreign lawyers training program)? Because a masters (LLM) will not give you the license to practice law in Canada. You will have to get your NCA assessment done and give the challenge exams to get a equivalency certificate and then do an articling. If you have a few years of experience, you can bypass the articling and take the bar exam. Ontario has a bar exam, but some provinces do not have.i got accepted at McGill for Fall 2020 for a LLM but I have sought a deferral since they were starting with online classes for the first semester. I suggest that you do more research on the licensing requirement and also, sit for IELTS again. Indian lawyers mostly have to pass five-six challenge exams to get their equivalency certificate from NCA. I have 5 papers to give and I can attempt the papers from Delhi centre also.
Wouldn't that give me extra points while applying for PNP (International Graduate category)? Plus, once i have a license to practice, I can look for a job which can boost my CRS score (a little far fetched but there seem to be no other options right now!).
I

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020

I am also on 465 with several years work experience in Ontario PNP stream nocs. November is my birthday. I already have admission but i am thinking i should hold on a little because international tuition is so so high besides i expect the crs draws to drop to 460 ish as candidates above 460 are very few in the pool

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
30+
Single degree
Married
No Canadian education or experience

It's damn near impossible by FSW.
Do not give up man. Why do not you try the study program?
Go there and study a Master's Degree (Jan Intake) now. You will get a 3 years WP
You or your spouse can study and the other partner can get a OWP as well (although there are lots of rejections these days for Spousal Open Work Permit).
Many dudes go via this route and settle down
All you need is around 30 plus lakhs to accomplish this
Else study French (best short-cut) in 6 to 9 months and write TEF. If all goes as planned, you could get up to 45 extra points to your CRS