+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 150th Draw - CEC

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
When I started my french learning, one teacher told me it is impossible to do in anything less than 2 years for a new learner with no French background. But I think it is doable in 9-12 months, depending on the efforts. I don't want to discourage others. Ofcourse learnings new language and getting to an advanced level is not easy. But it is not unachievable either.
If you go to a typical Alliance Française, then yes it might take 2 years to reach B2 (6 months for each level). I think this is where that teacher was coming from. But you can expedite it with a good foundation and hard work.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
It is disheartening to know the system is not incentivising based on merit. Not saying CEC are un-deserving, but it's not a level playing field for FSWs. It's not right that they keep FSW hanging like this. As Meghan Markle said, "never thought this would be easy, but I thought it would be fair and that's the part that's really hard to reconcile.”

Reactions: Priyanka2010

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
If you go to a typical Alliance Française, then yes it might take 2 years to reach B2 (6 months for each level). I think this is where that teacher was coming from. But you can expedite it with a good foundation and hard work.
I am somewhat advanced in age in comparison to many aspirants here and I wish the idea of emigrating had occurred to me earlier. Anyways, no sooner did I decide early this year to attempt the FSW route I realized that I was falling short of the score needed to get an ITA. Realized that learning French was the only option. Deterred by the high fees asked by AF in India for the entry level courses and their format which may not be best suited to prepare for a proficiency exam, I decided to go it alone. Started with "easy French step by step" a recommendation I picked up from one of the threads here as the foundation. That, along with streamed content and podcasts since late February, I assess myself at an A2 plus at this stage. Of course learning a new language has its benefits in addition to the primary objective.

Was targeting a TEF or TCF slot sometime in October. But with even my IELTS postponed and then cancelled along with EAS in limbo, have to play the waiting game.

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I am somewhat advanced in age in comparison to many aspirants here and I wish the idea of emigrating had occurred to me earlier. Anyways, no sooner did I decide early this year to attempt the FSW route I realized that I was falling short of the score needed to get an ITA. Realized that learning French was the only option. Deterred by the high fees asked by AF in India for the entry level courses and their format which may not be best suited to prepare for a proficiency exam, I decided to go it alone. Started with "easy French step by step" a recommendation I picked up from one of the threads here as the foundation. That, along with streamed content and podcasts since late February, I assess myself at an A2 plus at this stage. Of course learning a new language has its benefits in addition to the primary objective.

Was targeting a TEF or TCF slot sometime in October. But with even my IELTS postponed and then cancelled along with EAS in limbo, have to play the waiting game.
And you can use the time to perfect your French speaking and listening. It is great that you progressed by self learning to B2 in such a short time.
Bonne chance!

Reactions: orwell46

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hi All,

I got an ITA before completing one year in Canada under CEC category. I have started working in Canada from July 3rd 2019 and technically I will complete one year in July 3rd but Express entry system already provided one year experience points and I got an invitation.

1.Shall I accept ITA now and submit e-APR after July 3rd? So after July 3rd anyway 1 year will be completed.
2.Should I decline and wait for another draw on July 3rd?

Please suggest. I really need your suggestions.

aklsdfj

May 20, 2020
Hi All,

I got an ITA before completing one year in Canada under CEC category. I have started working in Canada from July 3rd 2019 and technically I will complete one year in July 3rd but Express entry system already provided one year experience points and I got an invitation.

1.Shall I accept ITA now and submit e-APR after July 3rd? So after July 3rd anyway 1 year will be completed.

You need to decline and wait until July 3.

Reactions: yay_321

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Yes, I read in one of the operation manuals that the MEC (minimum eligibility criteria) should be valid on the date the ITA was received.

Better not risk a refusal.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Hi All,

You don't need to decline, just make sure you don't apply BEFORE July 3rd.

They look at your score as of your APR and compare it to your ITA. If your new score is different than the time you got your ITA, but still above the cutoff score at the time of ITA, and you meet your 1 year at the time of APR, you're fine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to decline and wait until July 3.
That's incorrect. No need to decline. This individual can accept ITA and then just wait until after July 3rd to submit the application.