Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Right, My account balance is 4k CAD above the minimum req of 12960 CAD but the gift deed i have submitted only shows the minimum req. Should i create another gift deed for the top up amount or let the surplus handle the situation itself ?
This I'm not sure about. All my money for proof of funds has been built up from savings, from my salary, over the years. I'm not sure how gift deeds work. Perhaps someone else on the forum can provide insights/post a link. :)

Reactions: Vazi

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
so I'm CEC myself so I only find reasons that support CEC and PNP draw. As we discussed before, most immigrant with higher score in EE FSW are from China or India. Now that China and Canada relationship are on the edge and India Covid cases spiked, I don't think Canada is gonna open FSW draw or general draw anytime soon. Given the fact that most of us agree the general draws are suspended because of closing borders, it really comes down to how well the other countries are managing the covid 19.

Now, we have another arguments that even after ITA, it will take at least several months to actually be able to come to Canada so by then Covid will be gone. I'd say Covid wont be gone until we have some solid news about the vaccines. So far, all news from the US vaccines maker are sadly, fake to pump stocks. Research comes out and disqualified every single company that claim to have progress on the vaccines.

My 2 points above prove that general draws wont happen this month at least. Now I know you guys are more entitled to ITAs but it's life and I'm thankful that I got lucky this time around.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Experts, would like your opinion on something. If one proceeds to apply for OINP are they effectively taken out of consideration for FSW draws?

That means once you apply for OINP and it is in progress, you won’t be drawn if an FSW happens at the time.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Experts, would like your opinion on something. If one proceeds to apply for OINP are they effectively taken out of consideration for FSW draws?

That means once you apply for OINP and it is in progress, you won’t be drawn if an FSW happens at the time.
Not at all. In fact, if you get an ITA while your OINP application is in progress, it will be OINP who can not see your application anymore. In that case, you need to decide between declining the ITA or cancelling your OINP application. If you cancel your OINP application while it's in progress, you lose $1500. Personally, I don't mind losing $1500 if that means I have a shot at immigrating to Canada. It's up to you to decide.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
so I'm CEC myself so I only find reasons that support CEC and PNP draw. As we discussed before, most immigrant with higher score in EE FSW are from China or India. Now that China and Canada relationship are on the edge and India Covid cases spiked, I don't think Canada is gonna open FSW draw or general draw anytime soon. Given the fact that most of us agree the general draws are suspended because of closing borders, it really comes down to how well the other countries are managing the covid 19.

Now, we have another arguments that even after ITA, it will take at least several months to actually be able to come to Canada so by then Covid will be gone. I'd say Covid wont be gone until we have some solid news about the vaccines. So far, all news from the US vaccines maker are sadly, fake to pump stocks. Research comes out and disqualified every single company that claim to have progress on the vaccines.

My 2 points above prove that general draws wont happen this month at least. Now I know you guys are more entitled to ITAs but it's life and I'm thankful that I got lucky this time around.
I disagree with your opinion.

I am happy for you for getting an ITA, however, whether you support it or not, it is up to IRCC to decide what type of draws they want to do.

I would not go to the extent to say general draws would not happen this month. The truth is nobody can guess what's ahead of us.

Sure, you got lucky because it would have been extremely tricky for you to get an ITA in a general draw based on your human capital score alone. You need to acknowledge the fact that it has come at the expense of FSW candidates who are stuck in the pool since March. The least you could do now is keep your head down and focus on your PR application now that you have an ITA. P. S: I am a CEC candidate too, but I do not support PNP and CEC draws. I know it's happening only due to this pandemic.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020

I am happy for you for getting an ITA, however, whether you support it or not, it is up to IRCC to decide what type of draws they want to do.

I would not go to the extent to say general draws would not happen this month. The truth is nobody can guess what's ahead of us.

Sure, you got lucky because it would have been extremely tricky for you to get an ITA in a general draw based on your human capital score alone. You need to acknowledge the fact that it has come at the expense of FSW candidates who are stuck in the pool since March. The least you could do now is keep your head down and focus on your PR application now that you have an ITA. P. S: I am a CEC candidate too, but I do not support PNP and CEC draws. I know it's happening only due to this pandemic.
Your level of objectivism gladdens my heart. Come Wednesday, you will get an ITA for sure but that doesn't deter you from saying the truth. This kind of unselfish mindset is what the world needs.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019

I'm just sharing my 2 cents of what the reality looks like based on news. However, in this situation, I would say the FSW applicants should be heading down and keep low expectations instead of CEC applicants. Once general draws happen, we will automatically shut up because there are no points arguing against the obvious fact that most of us wont be able to compete.

P/S: Instead of relying on how CIC replies on Twitter to predict the next draw, there are actual numbers posted on the internet showing covid cases are now on the 2nd round and it is purely denial to say covid is getting better.

Last edited:
Reactions: manisingh2301

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Not at all. In fact, if you get an ITA while your OINP application is in progress, it will be OINP who can not see your application anymore. In that case, you need to decide between declining the ITA or cancelling your OINP application. If you cancel your OINP application while it's in progress, you lose $1500. Personally, I don't mind losing $1500 if that means I have a shot at immigrating to Canada. It's up to you to decide.
Thanks bud!

canadiandreamer1970

May 25, 2020
FSW will be this week only.............I am sure..........................I know it will be hard becauuse of job loss but it is fine most Canadian are lazy and dont want to work because they getting benefits from government so Canada wants people to help economy...........FSW like me will work hard

Reactions: srk2322

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I'm just sharing my 2 cents of what the reality looks like based on news. However, in this situation, I would say the FSW applicants should be heading down and keep low expectations instead of CEC applicants. Once general draws happen, we will automatically shut up because there are no points arguing against the obvious fact that most of us wont be able to compete.

P/S: Instead of relying on how CIC replies on Twitter to predict the next draw, there are actual numbers posted on the internet showing covid cases are now on the 2nd round and it is purely denial to say covid is getting better.
Analyzing the responses of IRCC's twitter handle is not helping anyone. The reality again is no one knows anything about the upcoming draws.

Some of us here are able to compete in regular draws without any issue. The problem here is they are not given the opportunity to compete due to this pandemic. I live in Canada and I can confidently say that the COVID situation is getting better every day. It's virtually non-existent in my city. So, anything is possible now. I would not be surprised if the next draw is an all-program draw.

adao99

Star Member
Aug 28, 2019
Analyzing the responses of IRCC's twitter handle is not helping anyone. The reality again is no one knows anything about the upcoming draws.

Some of us here are able to compete in regular draws without any issue. The problem here is they are not given the opportunity to compete due to this pandemic. I live in Canada and I can confidently say that the COVID situation is getting better every day. It's virtually non-existent in my city. So, anything is possible now. I would not be surprised if the next draw is an all-program draw.
The rest of Canada maybe good but definitely not Ontario. I'm in Vancouver BC and yep, covid is managed almost too well here. If only Ontario was to follow our path, general draws would have been happening by now (if we ignore the borders factor ofc).

Reactions: manisingh2301

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
FSW will be this week only.............I am sure..........................I know it will be hard becauuse of job loss but it is fine most Canadian are lazy and dont want to work because they getting benefits from government so Canada wants people to help economy...........FSW like me will work hard
Are you in Canada or have you ever lived here?

CERB payments are pretty low. Less than someone would make working a minimum wage job full time and really not enough to survive on. The vast majority of Canadians who are out of work right now due to COVID-19 want to go back to work as soon as it is safe to do so.