+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Dear Friends, I am in a big dilemma, please suggest. I received an ITA (461 points) under CEC recently, however I had submitted with non-accompanying spouse. If I add my spouse, my score goes down to 445. I would like to apply including my spouse, to avoid any future complications (inland spouse non-accompanying LOE). So is it a wise idea to decline ITA today and wait for a CEC draw for tomorrow (considering 445 might get invited) or shall I proceed with whatever I have in my hand. Experts advice needed.
@iWish2
Another option would be to accept the invitation and when you have at least 4 months left on your work permit, apply for a BOWP and your spouse's permit will get extended as well.

sukh1996

Jul 13, 2019
9581 Candidates are in pool(441-450) as of 25th May.
On an average what is the ratio of cec and fsw candidates in a pool.
Any suggestion

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Maybe after that, the focus will be streamlined to FSW (inland applicants). However, i think CEC applicants might also increase if IELTS begin in most places in Canada. FYI, there are CEC applicants with CRS score of 350-400.
I think CEC draws may run out of candidates in a few more CEC only draws. My logic is
  • Most CEC candidates are likely to have more than 433 on CRS score. Most international students in Canada are masters students and are in their 20s and likely to have IELTS score of more than 6. They should have a minimum of 1 year Canadian work experience to be eligible as CEC candidates. Even If they don’t have any foreign experience they will be at 433.
  • CEC candidates make up only a small percentage of express entry pool, approx 15%(https://wenr.wes.org/2019/01/canadas-express-entry-immigration-system-changes-in-applicant-pool-and-behavior-after-its-implementation). Another proof for this is that there were more FSW candidates left behind in the score range that CEC candidates were picked up in the recent CEC only draws.
  • Cut of score decreased 20 points from 467 to 447 in five draws. So, if they continue CEC draws, the score will drop to 433 in another 2-4 draws and after than there might be very few CEC candidates.

So, below 433, IRCC will either switch to general draws or stop the draws all together till the pandemic subsides in all the countries.

what do you all think?
:D

FutureCruizer

May 27, 2020
Maybe after that, the focus will be streamlined to FSW (inland applicants). However, i think CEC applicants might also increase if IELTS begin in most places in Canada. FYI, there are CEC applicants with CRS score of 350-400.

:D
How can they differentiate inland vs outland FSWs? But there will be a lot fewer CEC applicants below 400.

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
How can they differentiate inland vs outland FSWs? But there will be a lot fewer CEC applicants below 400.
The inland FSW Could be an student who do not qualify to CEC because does not have 1 year working canadian experience or a visitor who got in the pool after coming here or a visitor who is here and got a Canadian fiancé. I know some cases.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I think CEC draws may run out of candidates in a few more CEC only draws. My logic is
  • Most CEC candidates are likely to have more than 433 on CRS score. Most international students in Canada are masters students and are in their 20s and likely to have IELTS score of more than 6. They should have a minimum of 1 year Canadian work experience to be eligible as CEC candidates. Even If they don’t have any foreign experience they will be at 433.
  • CEC candidates make up only a small percentage of express entry pool, approx 15%(https://wenr.wes.org/2019/01/canadas-express-entry-immigration-system-changes-in-applicant-pool-and-behavior-after-its-implementation). Another proof for this is that there were more FSW candidates left behind in the score range that CEC candidates were picked up in the recent CEC only draws.
  • Cut of score decreased 20 points from 467 to 447 in five draws. So, if they continue CEC draws, the score will drop to 433 in another 2-4 draws and after than there might be very few CEC candidates.

So, below 433, IRCC will either switch to general draws or stop the draws all together till the pandemic subsides in all the countries.

what do you all think?
the caveat here is 15% CEC candidates was a growth from 6% before express entry. This report was published on Jan 2019 so it is basically 2018 data. So from 2015 to 2018, the number of CEC candidates have grown from 6% to 15%. The question now is, how much was the growth in CEC candidates from 2018 to 2020. Judging by the huge growth in international students starting from 2017, the current percentage of CEC candidates could be much higher

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #150 – May 28, 2020

Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 3,515Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,515th or above

Date and time of round: May 28, 2020 at 11:35:51 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 440

Tie-breaking rule: March 7, 2020 at 10:36:59 UTC

Many congratulation to
nat.abramovich
wlaroshi
NiclasB
sukh1996

and all others who got the ITAs
Guys our patience is paid off..its time to celebrate...Hurrah!!!

Sureshbabualla9

Jun 15, 2019
Wow.. what a day.. I am eligible .. my score is 443 - CEC class.. max to max how much time will take to get confirmation email and notification in CIC tool?

Reactions: sponsort

Sureshbabualla9

Jun 15, 2019
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #150 – May 28, 2020

Canadian Experience Class

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 3,515Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,515th or above

Date and time of round: May 28, 2020 at 11:35:51 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 440

Tie-breaking rule: March 7, 2020 at 10:36:59 UTC

Many congratulation to
nat.abramovich
wlaroshi
NiclasB
sukh1996

and all others who got the ITAs
Guys our patience is paid off..its time to celebrate...Hurrah!!!
Brother you are Canada or outside?