+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Chris1994

Jul 23, 2019
Where is the ray of hope for FSW applicants???????????!!!!!!
Hopefully soon, lock-downs are starting to ease or even ending in a lot of countries around the world. We have received no official response regarding the suspension of FSW inclusive draws, which may be good indicator that they will continue FSW draws once things normalizes again and that they aren't committed to keep excluding FSW Candidates in the long-term. Lets see what June brings!

Reactions: Sharanm7

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I'm not sure and don't quote me on this, but the many (3-4) website maintenance/down-times that happened within the last few days, are giving me a FALSE hunch that we're gonna be seeing an unprecedented FSW draw tomorrow. Call it fool's hope but it's hope! Nevertheless i'm sure FSW draws will not stop, hang in there peeps!! Good luck and Congrats to all those who got ITA today!

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I think CEC draws may run out of candidates in a few more CEC only draws. My logic is
  • Most CEC candidates are likely to have more than 433 on CRS score. Most international students in Canada are masters students and are in their 20s and likely to have IELTS score of more than 6. They should have a minimum of 1 year Canadian work experience to be eligible as CEC candidates. Even If they don’t have any foreign experience they will be at 433.
  • CEC candidates make up only a small percentage of express entry pool, approx 15%(https://wenr.wes.org/2019/01/canadas-express-entry-immigration-system-changes-in-applicant-pool-and-behavior-after-its-implementation). Another proof for this is that there were more FSW candidates left behind in the score range that CEC candidates were picked up in the recent CEC only draws.
  • Cut of score decreased 20 points from 467 to 447 in five draws. So, if they continue CEC draws, the score will drop to 433 in another 2-4 draws and after than there might be very few CEC candidates.

So, below 433, IRCC will either switch to general draws or stop the draws all together till the pandemic subsides in all the countries.

what do you all think?
You theory sounds right. But I think score can drop below 433 CEC if we consider married people. And if only 15% are CEC candidates in the pool, then this a score of 430 could happen in 2 more draws.

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Congratulations to all the CEC candidates who will get ITA, Finally waiting after more than 1 year score dropped to 440's.

Reactions: Wrath

cck1986

May 8, 2020
You theory sounds right. But I think score can drop below 433 CEC if we consider married people. And if only 15% are CEC candidates in the pool, then this a score of 430 could happen in 2 more draws.
also think about CEC people who just did graduation and above 35 years as they would have travelled to multiple countries as part of their work and landed in Canada a year or two ago.i know many with less than 433 with very good IELTS score also.. Just because they are above 34 and Completed only
graduation