+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Have you seen covid cases in india ,mexico, peru, Chile?
Forget about fsw draws for at least month or so.
Lets be realistic guys
Considering that the majority of applications is from India and currently CIC cannot separate invitations by country, FSW will not happen until COVID-19 cases in India have dropped dramatically.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Would you be risking of not getting ITA at 433 FOREVER when regular draw comes back to work, or ensure you get PR first and sponsor your wife. I don't know anyone that their spouse got refused on visa only. I mean Canada wants people to come and live and work and pay tax.
No doubt, that is the smartest move in this case

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I created my profile on 1st April with a hope to get an ITA in Sep because by then my score would jump to 470+.
If we are lucky, tomorrow or day after tomorrow we will witness the ITA.
Same here. My score will jump from 444 to 479 in July by completing 2 years of work experience in Canada + an expected higher scores in IELTS. Well, I believe those won't be needed anymore. Hopefully!

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
I think the lower CRS for CEC is kinda unfair for FSW or anyone who took 10 times IELTS (or study french, double degree, $40,000 for LMIA) lol
Fairness is a very controversial theme in this forum, mate. You cannot judge what other people have gone through just because you have no idea. We can only hope that EVERYONE gets what we wish and congratulate them when they do. Best of luck to you!

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
So, one thing is sure that there won't be a general draw this week otherwise CIC would have not conducted PNP only draw.

My prediction for the CEC draw (3515)
if it happens today: 441/+-1
28th or 29th May: 442/+-1

Guys, don't halt your prayers as I have seen so many PNP only draws which followed a gap of two weeks for the next draw.

Draws must continue to keep our hopes alive.

Good luck guys.
You should be about right. No one's score should be increasing considering the fact that we are at the end of the month and people start working at the beginning of the month (so they will not make 1, 2, or 3-year work experience by the next draw). On top of that, IELTS centres are currently closed, so scores are most likely dropping due to people getting older rather than gaining.

FutureCruizer

May 27, 2020
I think CEC draws may run out of candidates in a few more CEC only draws. My logic is
  • Most CEC candidates are likely to have more than 433 on CRS score. Most international students in Canada are masters students and are in their 20s and likely to have IELTS score of more than 6. They should have a minimum of 1 year Canadian work experience to be eligible as CEC candidates. Even If they don’t have any foreign experience they will be at 433.
  • CEC candidates make up only a small percentage of express entry pool, approx 15%(https://wenr.wes.org/2019/01/canadas-express-entry-immigration-system-changes-in-applicant-pool-and-behavior-after-its-implementation). Another proof for this is that there were more FSW candidates left behind in the score range that CEC candidates were picked up in the recent CEC only draws.
  • Cut of score decreased 20 points from 467 to 447 in five draws. So, if they continue CEC draws, the score will drop to 433 in another 2-4 draws and after than there might be very few CEC candidates.

So, below 433, IRCC will either switch to general draws or stop the draws all together till the pandemic subsides in all the countries.

what do you all think?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
LOL. Do you think you are fair? Look, Canada immigration is so fair and try to be competitive. I am also under FSW but CEC candidates are already contributing their hard work and they deserve this. If you feel it's unfair, try other country buddy. Don't try to downgrade the CEC or any other candidates. All the best, hope we will get chance as well but wait for some time.

Fairness is a very controversial theme in this forum, mate. You cannot judge what other people have gone through just because you have no idea. We can only hope that EVERYONE gets what we wish and congratulate them when they do. Best of luck to you!

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
I'd say 443 - 444 (445-446 are in). 442 and below will be the one after this coming draw.
It would be 442/+-1.
The candidates between 441-450 are around 10,000 and, accordingly, each point has roughly 1000 candidates.

In worst case scenario- even if the distribution of CEC:FSW is 1:1 (and I wont be surprised if they are 1:2 or 1:2.5 ), 2750 existing CEC candidates would get the ITAs

2750 ITAs means total drop in 5500 candidates or drop in cut off by minimum 5 points.

I assume roughly 800 new CEC candidates would have been entered since the last draw.

I wont be surprised if the score drops to 440-441, but it should not be more than 442.

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Definitely not.
I stayed at 469 for almost 3 months, and didn’t get an ITA.
Then I did the TCF, raised my score to 475 on March 12th, and the following draw was a PNP/CEC. Worst possible timing.

If we remain more 2-3 months with PNP/CEC, with all these high scoring FSW being accumulated in the pool week after week, no one below 475 will stand a chance for a long time.
how did you score only increase to 475 from 469 with the TCF?