+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Sensation80

May 16, 2020
There is no specific forum for LMIAs.

LMIA processing does typically take 4-6 months. So hopefully your friend will hear something soon.

Hopefully he is confident the job offer is real. There are many scams where fake LMIAs are offered.
Yes he is well aware of scams.
Its actually a need for the firm because of his niche skills. I will tell him he should expect it soon
Thanks

Reactions: scylla

manisingh2301

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hi
How are you still able to take the test? they are all closed right now. I could not find one that is open
I’m living in Vancouver and there are two locations which still allows you to give CD (Computer Dileverd) test. I got my result yesterday and got desired results that raise my score to 459. I hope there will ba another CEC draw so that I would receive ITA.

Reactions: David1905

NewUser0916

Feb 9, 2020
Hello. I got my ITA yesterday and I am not filling up my PR profile. I am a bit confuse on what to put in my primary occupation. I have a 4 years experience as NOC 1111 in my home country and 1 year experience as NOC 1221 in Canada. I am invited in Canadian Experience Class, would that mean that I should use my 1 year NOC 1221 in Canada as my primary occupation? Thank you!

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
People can post here until *the cows come home* but IRCC will continue doing what they feel is best. I think if people feel so strongly about what is fair/unfair they should not support the system. Otherwise, just remain patient and hope for the best.

Each immigrant's story is different as well as the choices made. Apart from this apparent freeze on FSW invitations- IRCC seems to be going in the direction where they are giving the Provinces more opportunities for nominations so they can have the man power they need. The reality is that a lot of the labor shortage in Canada is not for the very educated, it's for persons in the agri-industry (among others). There is also the Rural Immigration Pilot and other programs. BC has a tech pilot program where persons with specific NOC codes are nominated within a week! However, you find that 40% of the immigrants head for Ontario when there are other provinces where they could have better jobs and better quality life.

What will happen if the focus for immigration shifts to provincial nominations and rural pilots?

What I'm saying is the only thing constant is change. Things will never remain the same-plans change and so should we. We have to adapt in order to be able to make it.
IRCC owes us nothing- we all just have to hope for the best and with anything else in life have a backup plan.

Source: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/pr-eligibility.html

Last edited:

WorldTraeller

Star Member
May 15, 2020
A person in 470 or a person in 450 who is more deserving ?. Well , it is not so simple to answer , a candidate like me at 40 years and at 432 point would have been 480 if I were 30 years of age. Does that mean my former self was more deserving ? Well as per IRCC yes because I would have paid taxes for 10 more years. They devised it based on the logic and need back then.
Now situation changed and they will adapt to it, a person who is already in canada and have canadaian experience have much better chances of cracking a job in canada through his/her network. Everyone deserves just sit there tight.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
As i have nothing else than waiting to see another draw to know what will happen, am trying understand the situation for the timebeing.
For international exp and visitor visa categories; IRCC clearly mentioned its on hold due to Covid19. From their Covid19 updation page, we can see that almost all VACs are closed temporarily. On top of that border is closed as well.According to latest updates it is expected that visitor visa procs to restart from May 19 and border to open by June 2.

Unless all other fsw guys are as unlucky as me, we might see a Fsw draw in the next draw or on June 1st week the latest.

Now, from the political point of view, the there are uncertainty abt FSW, but no one clearly mentions anything abt us, neither IRCC nor the minister. Sadly it might be good sign tht they will start as soon it is ok to do so or they might wash their hands off by suspending it or discontinuing the program for the rest of the year. Growing unemployment rates and rebuilding a torn economy is definitely not a good sign to welcome foreign workers with state funded benefits, but Minister just said that immigrants played a great role even during this pandemic to keeping the Canadian spirit up. Hopefully that eases our tension a bit.

Finally, i feel that having regular drws are really good bcoz atleast some people are going fulfill their dreams. I also feel that my dream doesnt stay a dream forever.

(On my mind: dialogue from the movie interview with the god: Sometimes, bad things happen to good people) (well, i am not saying i am a good guy, but everything just happnd like tht, infront of my eyes, dreams collapsed)

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I don't think cec draws have anything to do with the border being closed. As that really wouldn't matter in the time it will take to process the visa anyway. I think it is mainly because it's easier to integrate if you have already lived in Canada for a year. And they want people with the best chance to succeeds when the work market will be unlike anything we've evert seen before.

I'm also a bit biased because i have 444 points. So one more cec draw and I'm likely on the way to permanent residency. But I'm also saying it because the border being closed is a short term thing. Immigration is long term. So when the IRCC changed things around it probably wasn't just because of borders being closed right now.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
It's my own opinion but what I think is going to happen after the COVID lockdown is over is that IRCC will change the way they invite people for PR. I believe they will be making separate rounds of invitations for different programs:

For example: let's say they invite 3,000 people per round. My guess is that in a given round they will conduct a CEC draw that would take the majority of ITAs, then it's going to be PNP draw and general FSW will take the remaining number of ITAs available. Just as it happened recently when they were issuing only CEC and PNP ITAs.

If I were to decide how to do the draws, I would do this, given the limited information that I have. The logic is very simple: Canada needs more immigrants to fuel up the economy. At the same time, keeping up the plan of inviting the same number of FSW candidates as before would be difficult to justify both economically (in the short-term) and politically. It might not work well with Canadians who already are or will be out of jobs when this pandemic is over.

Another scenario might be that they just give more freedom to provinces and encourage nominations, while shutting down the FSW category entirely. But it's a huge legislative change, so I think it's relatively unlikely that the government would do that.

All and all, Immigration will have to be limited but you can't really put a stop to the spousal sponsorship as it will impact the lives of people who are already in the country, so there has to be another category that would accommodate the loss of invitations and the FSW might be that category.

There are budget constraints as well. The government has been spending billions on aid during COVID-19. These billions have to come from somewhere, therefore we can expect cuts in further government spending - projects, department cuts etc. Immigration right now is an easy target. Whoever proposes immigration cuts will get him/herself cheap kudos from people in Canada, given that the job situation is far from being a fairytale. Plus, immigration is never a government priority (for any country). We can rather expect the government focusing its money and efforts on helping Canadians get back on their feet at the expense of immigration.

Please, don't make conclusions as it's a mere speculation from a person who has the same access to information on immigration as everyone else in this thread.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It's my own opinion but what I think is going to happen after the COVID lockdown is over is that IRCC will change the way they invite people for PR. I believe they will be making separate rounds of invitations for different programs:

For example: let's say they invite 3,000 people per round. My guess is that in a given round they will conduct a CEC draw that would take the majority of ITAs, then it's going to be PNP draw and general FSW will take the remaining number of ITAs available. Just as it happened recently when they were issuing only CEC and PNP ITAs.

If I were to decide how to do the draws, I would do this, given the limited information that I have. The logic is very simple: Canada needs more immigrants to fuel up the economy. At the same time, keeping up the plan of inviting the same number of FSW candidates as before would be difficult to justify both economically (in the short-term) and politically. It might not work well with Canadians who already are or will be out of jobs when this pandemic is over.

Another scenario might be that they just give more freedom to provinces and encourage nominations, while shutting down the FSW category entirely. But it's a huge legislative change, so I think it's relatively unlikely that the government would do that.

All and all, Immigration will have to be limited but you can't really put a stop to the spousal sponsorship as it will impact the lives of people who are already in the country, so there has to be another category that would accommodate the loss of invitations and the FSW might be that category.

There are budget constraints as well. The government has been spending billions on aid during COVID-19. These billions have to come from somewhere, therefore we can expect cuts in further government spending - projects, department cuts etc. Immigration right now is an easy target. Whoever proposes immigration cuts will get him/herself cheap kudos from people in Canada, given that the job situation is far from being a fairytale. Plus, immigration is never a government priority (for any country). We can rather expect the government focusing its money and efforts on helping Canadians get back on their feet at the expense of immigration.

Please, don't make conclusions as it's a mere speculation from a person who has the same access to information on immigration as everyone else in this thread.
Best thing would be to shutdown EE and give PR visas to PGWP holders as they are already employed and living in Canada since a long time, why bother with outside people who have no connection to Canada at all, this will also allow IRCC to save a ton of processing costs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jitesh2013

milanoforza

Jul 25, 2019
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
I really feel sorry for u. Similar story here, only difference is I went to Canada for study and work.

I got OINP invitation when I worked for 10 months, but my agent told me I can't apply that cause I have to work for at least one year. Then I found the cutoff scores went up by 30 points then several months before. the 460-470s is very hard for a non-native speaker with college degree to reach while my friends got the ITA simply because they began to work 2 or 3 months ealier.

I was disappointed like u, maybe more than u, cause I spent more than 50k CAD to study and live in Canada compared to your cost and have to go back
home when work permit expires. Here, some international students work for free or even pay the employer a big amount of money to get the work experience (like LIMA which is like 100k CAD per one) ASAP, cause you don't have much time to waste and never know how the immigration trend goes. My friend cursed so many times about how many Indians were in the IELTS test room whose mother tongue is English and he did't stand a chance to compete with those guys. I have nothing to do but keep working, hoping they do a OINP draw but then they only do OINP for IT guys. Just like your guys, I felt so angry for everything about IRCC. Who knows I got the ITA because of the COVID-19 in this draw?

And news said they are considering lower the invitation number next year or something? No one knows the future. But check my post before, I said there is no FSW because the COVID-19, only when the situation is getting better will all programs be re-opened. Take a look of the new cases number, u will know it will last at least several months. I think that's simple logic but so many people saying I got a feeling next week all program or FSW only blablabla...

There is no real fairness in the world since u were born.If you take the risk to try make your life maybe little bit better by changing the residence place and it's not 100% guaranteed, u have to be prepared that all the time, money and efforts u have put in could only be a dump in the hole like u said. I'm prepared before I took on the plane to Canada. No one knows what happens next, so your choice, in a sense, is kind of a bet. U on the table, if u really want to win, accept the rules and play the game. Questioning the rules means democracy maybe, but I have little faith in it because I'm only the player.

At last, really feel sorry for this forum, before was a nice and helpful environment. People help each other and do estimate based on numbers. Really impressive and grateful. Look at what happened now, people say I deserve XXX more than XXX or XXX is so unfair. My last post, Maybe after we die , we are really fair.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
As IRCC said, they are helping CEC dudes now to see that they benefit while the border is closed
Once it is open once lockdown is eased to a larger fashion, I guess FSW draws will be back by June or July
Not sure why some dudes are coming with extremely weird assumptions.
Discussions about shutting down EE was initiated by many dudes in the 2012 (in this forum) which scared aspirants a lot. IRCC simply were continuing invite FSW despite the blabbering of some dudes
Again another discussion sparked during 2014 where another set of dudes were coming with weird theories about stopping EE once for all. But IRCC to those dudes be like 'hold my beer' and kept inviting dudes even on a larger scale
They then launched EE (electronic processing) and those dudes were frowned
Even yesterday the immigration minister announced that they continue inviting ppl from outside with the same target
Despite all this, not sure why weird dudes here pass weird assumptions
All FSW aspirants - just don't listen to such dudes. Only rely on govt announcements
Read the news about the immigration minister and you ll be fine
Simply ignore these dudes

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Best thing would be to shutdown EE and give PR visas to PGWP holders as they are already employed and living in Canada since a long time, why bother with outside people who have no connection to Canada at all, this will also allow IRCC to save a ton of processing costs.
I'll tell you why. Because different people in different situations are equally beneficial to Canada in different ways. Yes, a student who has been in Canada for a few years already is a good prospect, because they've integrated (hopefully) a bit, and have a network (ideally). Those aren't guaranteed though. You could keep to your group of Chinese/Indian/Mexican friends and just not explore anything if you wanted to.

In the same way, an FSW candidate is also a good prospect, because while they may not have been living in Canada up to this point, they might have many more years of actual practical work experience over that student. They may also have a higher language score, already possess a Master's or PhD from overseas, and may already have a relative living in Canada. Or they work in a very in-demand NOC category overseas.

That's exactly why there is a scoring system for EE. Since this whole system was launched in 2015, if candidates inside Canada were better prospects, they would've just been given CRSs of like 1,000 and FSWs would be given, say, 200. But no, instead it's a combination of factors that gives you your CRS, and you have to work on all of those factors to get past a certain point to be drawn. Whether you're CEC, PNP, FSW, FST... whatever. We're all in the same boat.

It's not as easy as saying PGWPs should be the only ones invited because they're already there. This old debate of who is a better candidate is so tired now. And I guarantee you Mendocino and the IRCC aren't busy shutting down EE. In fact, they're actively proving the opposite.

Not sure why some dudes are coming with extremely weird assumptions.
Read the news about the immigration minister and you ll be fine
Simply ignore these dudes
Yup, exactly. Clearly they're trying to discourage more immigrants from coming to Canada. What I don't get is why. Maybe they're scared it will become more competitive. Maybe they have big egos, and now that they're in, they want to feel more special by blocking everyone else. I don't actually care. They can think whatever they want, and IRCC will, I assume, continue to do the exact opposite, because they know what's good for Canada. Thank you for adding some positivity to this thread.