+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

KuriousMind

Apr 21, 2020
429 , wanted to say lol
Good luck bro
Don't laugh at someone else's situation while everyone here wants hear some hope but negativity. People in this forum needs to take a chill pill man. Does not matter if you are FSW/CEC candidates if you can't say something good keep it to yourself.

Reactions: cck1986

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hate to break this but your chances with 448 are almost none. If your NOC is in demand, you can try PNP.

Reactions: Dani-Kaye Golding

Abd2019

Apr 28, 2019
All,

Oinp did the tech draw on Mar 13th for crs score 421-451, my score is 435 (profile created June 19 2019) but I havent received the ITA yet. Any idea if/when I should get the ITA? Are there any other folks waiting just like me?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
There are simply way too many people with a score equal to or better than 448. When the general draws resume, the top 3400-3900 candidates will be pulled out of the pool. Depending upon how long we go without a general draw, the cut-off could spike up to 480s but will stabilize again in 470s as per the recent trends. PNP on the other hand, you get 600 points if a province nominates you. If you get an NOI from any of the provinces, I suggest you apply for them. If you don't see NOIs, you can still look for a paper-based PNP stream on the provinces' website.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
All,

Oinp did the tech draw on Mar 13th for crs score 421-451, my score is 435 (profile created June 19 2019) but I havent received the ITA yet. Any idea if/when I should get the ITA? Are there any other folks waiting just like me?
Is your occupation in the list released by OINP for tech draws? Provinces send NOIs, not ITAs. The recent tech draw only sent NOIs to candidates with a minimum of 1 year of Canadian work experience.

Abd2019

Apr 28, 2019
Is your occupation in the list released by OINP for tech draws? Provinces send NOIs, not ITAs. The recent tech draw only sent NOIs to candidates with a minimum of 1 year of Canadian work experience.
Yeah I meant to say NOI and my occupation match but I saw it’s only for Canadian experience which I don’t have :(. My happiness was out of the roof but only to see it come crashing down.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I think we are on the same page now. Yes, I think the last general draw was back on March 4, 2020. We can safely acknowledge the fact that CEC and PNP are getting invited only due to the restrictions in place. Candidates with higher scores regardless of the category will fare well in general draws when they come back.
What I wonder is whether IRCC is waiting for Canada to reopen or waiting for other countries to reopen.

As someone who likes having as much info as possible to make my decisions with, it would be really interesting to have some insight into whether it's the current restrictions inside Canada, or the current patchwork of restrictions in random countries around the world, that is preventing FSW draws from taking place. Maybe it's both.

Knowing what IRCC is waiting for would be great in terms of having an idea about when they're planning on restarting general draws.

Sharanm7

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
What I wonder is whether IRCC is waiting for Canada to reopen or waiting for other countries to reopen.

As someone who likes having as much info as possible to make my decisions with, it would be really interesting to have some insight into whether it's the current restrictions inside Canada, or the current patchwork of restrictions in random countries around the world, that is preventing FSW draws from taking place. Maybe it's both.

Knowing what IRCC is waiting for would be great in terms of having an idea about when they're planning on restarting general draws.
I feel IRCC is also waiting for other countries to open up

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Its okay that CEC dudes reap all the benefits for the next two to three draws and clinch ITAs for which they awaited a long time.
The 470s were taking all the ITAs since the month of September. I guess Covid 19 is indeed a blessing for the CEC dudes who were under immense pressure of losing their status in Canada while the 470s were having all the fun.
470s can wait now and let others too breathe
3 to 4 months' pause is okay
After that 470s can come back in action and take away the ITAs as usual

Reactions: jitesh2013

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks dude but they do not have any link where I can order additional copy . I sat for exam in PRECISE SOLUTION,2300 EGLINTON street. They are not even replying in mail. I am not sure what can I do, feeling very depressed. I am so close yet could not get it just because I lost language TRF :( .
Did you use the email address on this page: http://www.ieltscentres.com/ they say they r responding by email. You can always wait for last day to submit they should open early June as everything is getting back to normal. If your deadline is before add the webpage and later email them with the TRF. All the best.

Reactions: WorldTraeller

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Dear all,

Let's ask IRCC in the twitter to follow drawing for only CEC and PNP applicants. Some of FSW candidates can be a real danger to the society due to the pandemic. This is the best decision that IRCC could take. I have got my ITA several weeks ago through CEC, and I do hope for other CEC candidates to get their ITAs as well. I should say that IRCC prioritize CEC over FSW candidates at this time of pandemic, and FSW candidates must stop being jealous over CEC candidates.
Thanks bud. It's nice to know where your priorities lie, instead of just being nice and wishing everyone a fair chance.

I have worked my ass off over years to get a score of 481 as an FSW. If I got an ITA right now, I wouldn't be in Canada until probably the start of 2021. I live in one of the countries that is doing the best in the world for low transmission rates and deaths from COVID. I would also do whatever the Canadian government required, such as quarantining myself for weeks before going out.

Saying that FSWs are a danger to society is harsh and inflammatory, and isn't really going to promote any kind of fruitful discussion here. You've got your ITA, and I congratulate you. Now try and be happy for anyone, from any stream, getting their shot at this as well.