+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
I am standing at 437 currently, what could be the chances of me getting an ITA?
If only CEC draw continues for the next 2-3 cycles, then your chances are very high. Considering IELTS are closed and WES is taking min 4-5 months, and hence any new express entry registrations will be too less. Wish you a good luck!!

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
I am seriously surprised to see no FSW draws for straight 3 months and also with no announcements from IRCC. They are still trying to meet their immigration targets by just inviting their inland applicants but not external immigrants. Wondering how low will they go score wise for the CEC class? Below into 420s? Possible! It's kind of funny they think a candidate with CEC 420 would add more value to the economy than a FSW candidate with 470+ score.

Seriously disappointed. But guess we can do nothing but to wait. I am ok if they no longer wanted to take external candidates for rest of the year, but a clear communication is helpful so that we don't waste our valuable time and resources for the express entry. Canada has handled this poorly & my respect for this agency went down for sure.

Waiting in the pool since december with a score of 467 and now on June 5th am gonna lose 6 points due to age putting me back at 461. I can max my IELTS score bringing back to 470 (max) but is it worth the effort & money spent? I don't know!! Having spent $1600 USD so far, everything is down the hole. Really sad & I can't be more disappointed in current challenging times.
This is NOT reasonable to make such a comparison between a candidate in CEC with 420 and another one in FSW with 470. And I'm greatly relieved that so many people are pointing that out. What's more, this way of thinking is NOT very Canadian.

To be more practical, if an FSW candidate is still seeking immigration to Canada, he/she can think of applying for a work permit to gain experience in Canada first, and after a year he/she will be qualified for both CEC and FSW.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Please I need your help on this matter. I already have an invitation under the CEC category. I applied as a spouse not accompanying which gave me 467points, with a spouse I get 447 points. looking at the trend now do you this I can create another profile with spouse accompanying and when we get an invitation I decline the first one
You can modify your profile, even after receiving ITA. As long as your new score is >= the minimum score of the round, you don't have to worry too much about it. Safer to include an LOE to address your changes.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
That's the point. I know that he/she is not a Canadian, but he/she is applying to come as a PR. It might be a good idea to learn how to behave as a Canadian before he/she moves to this country.
The whole point of Canada is that you are allowed the freedom to be, think and act whatever way you want, not to fit into a stereotype per say (as long as it's legal).

llujum

Jun 21, 2018
If only CEC draw continues for the next 2-3 cycles, then your chances are very high. Considering IELTS are closed and WES is taking min 4-5 months, and hence any new express entry registrations will be too less. Wish you a good luck!!
This is exactly how I was looking into it. some ppl differ and might think it would be higher. Are IELTS are closed and WES for sure closed?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
The whole point of Canada is that you are allowed the freedom to be, think and act whatever way you want, not to fit into a stereotype per say (as long as it's legal).
Usually when people say "that's not very Canadian" means "it's not polite". I believe polite is a good manner that applies to all the countries, nothing to do with freedom.

Reactions: Optimall

llujum

Jun 21, 2018
WES message:

May 12, 2020
WES continues to process digital credential evaluations and documents remotely. We are actively reviewing files to identify any documents we need from you to process your application. The majority of our staff continues to work from home while a small, dedicated team ensures that physical documents are handled securely.

And IELTS message:
COVID-19: Information for our global test taker community
Last updated on: 14 May 2020
The IELTS Partners are committed to protecting the health of our test takers, while also trying to minimize disruption to life-changing opportunities for international higher education and migration.
IELTS indicator
To address this, we have introduced IELTS Indicator, an online test aimed to help students progress their study abroad applications during this time of uncertainty.
You can learn more about IELTS Indicator here.
Where we are open for testing
In locations where it is permitted and safe to do so, IELTS testing is going ahead, with additional precautions in place to help protect the health of test takers and staff.
In particular, we ask test takers not to attend an IELTS test if they have been in contact with anybody suspected to have been exposed to novel coronavirus (Covid-19), or who have a cough, fever or are showing signs of being short of breath. Additional requirements may apply depending on the region where you are taking the test. Test takers may contact our teams to discuss options for transferring to a later date or refunds.
Please note that tests are currently running in the following locations:
  1. Argentina (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  2. Australia (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  3. Azerbaijan (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  4. Brazil
  5. Belarus
  6. Brunei
  7. Cambodia (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  8. Canada (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  9. Czech Republic (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  10. Denmark
  11. Fiji (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  12. Hong Kong (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  13. Hong Kong (Macao)
  14. Kazakhstan
  15. Korea (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  16. Latvia
  17. Malaysia (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  18. Mexico
  19. Mongolia
  20. New Zealand (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  21. Nigeria
  22. Oman (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  23. Poland
  24. Taiwan, China (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  25. Thailand (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)
  26. Sweden (Goteborg)
  27. Switzerland
  28. Russia
  29. Vietnam (IELTS and IELTS for UKVI)

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
I do work in the Federal government but not IRCC. This is my personal opinion. I have nothing against FSW category, since I was FSW myself, but I can see the logic in the actions of IRCC.
I echo your sentiment - I do work for the Provincial Govt and 100% agree with IRCC’s logical and extremely reasonable move. They are acting based on instinct which is to protect the country and Canadians’ health and safety first and foremost before anything else.

joeymercury

Jun 12, 2019
Scarborough
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
13-03-2020
Revision of my 6,5 writing up to 7,0 can make my score 435.should i go for it?
You should do everything to increase your score, this might be now or never for CEC applicant with lower CRS. Once everything gets back to normal, you are unlikely to see this low cut-off score any more in recent years.

Reactions: nat.abramovich

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
So, let me get this straight. People with a Canadian Bachelor's degree and one year of Canadian work experience are getting ITAs now and can still get an ITA in a general draw given that their language skills are up to par. If that's the case, all one has to do is enroll in a program in Canada that gets you a PGWP, gain one year of skilled work experience, get an ITA and apply for PR. That sounds easier than staying back in your home country where you have to do a master's degree (in a recognized institute), gain 3+ years of skilled work experience, and get CLB 10 in IELTS or CELPIP just to get an ITA.

Edit: All I am saying is the Canadian government is indeed placing a lot of emphasis on Canadian education and work experience. I am not here to debate.

Reactions: jrossi

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
If that's the case, all one has to do is enroll in a program in Canada that gets you a PGWP, gain one year of skilled work experience, get an ITA and apply for PR.
Right. Because spending 4 years of your life away from home with no guarantee of finding stable employment in Canada afterwards is that easy.

All I am saying is the Canadian government is indeed placing a lot of emphasis on Canadian education and work experience. I am not here to debate.
You're right. Canadian experience and Canadian education is not just a phrase. It's the reality. It is just so difficult to find a high skilled job in Canada if you don't have Canadian experience or education. Now it's more difficult than ever because there are many Canadians in the job the market.

I didn't think that the word "Canadian" means so much here. I, with the a US MBA degree from a very reputable business school and international as well as US experience thought that it's not a big deal. Now I know that having Canadian experience or education is a huge deal.