+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 149th Draw - CEC

Ihope

Apr 30, 2020
Guys
Whether we like it or not, luck has played its part massively this year. Goes onto show that we have the ability to try but success comes from somewhere else.
Imagine the 440 cec applicant in Feb or even during the last 2 years. They had all but given up on their dreams. They must be cursing the 460s and 470s all of last year.
Come march and the world goes into a frenzy. Almost everyone in the world is impacted negatively. The Cec candidates, well it was a miracle for them , nothing else can describe it. From every challenge arises an opportunity.
Lets cherish this moment and be happy for these guys. Imagine yourself in the same shoes for a minute.
Im an FSW candidate by the way.
100% true

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Got an ITA yesterday. Submitted my profile back in August. In shock after having been following these Ray of Hope threads for the last few months and having seen how variable these scores have been recently. Goes to show that this system is unpredictable and may not always expect it to go the way you expect.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Reactions: sealco

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Glad that some CECs who were waiting since a very long time are being blessed with ITAs
This is ur best chance and once all draws commence, the massive number of 470s waiting in the pool are once again gonna take away all the ITAs as usual
So do all what u can do to get above 440 CRS and clinch ITAs
470s were dominating the pool since September 2019 and were not allowing any other. Glad that this Corona is a blessing for u ppl
Once the economy reopens, it's gonna be only 470s taking every ITA.
Good luck to all CECs.
Hope Canada helps some more CECs till August and save some desperate CECs rather than handing everything once again to 470s

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
A high school graduate, working holidays visa holder, after one year of work experience as a bar "manager" without a peny in their current account will be invited for PR instead of people with years of skilled work experience, Master graduate in IT and 13K CAD , Well Done Canada!!!
There are tonnes of people with masters degrees working as store staff in walmart, driving Ubers. And then asking for CERB and other govt schemes and then ultimately regretting their decision and heading back to their countries. So might as well give PR to the bar manager who is satisfied with his job which is important for Canadian economy as a whole

Reactions: InternationalMallu

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Glad that some CECs who were waiting since a very long time are being blessed with ITAs
This is ur best chance and once all draws commence, the massive number of 470s waiting in the pool are once again gonna take away all the ITAs as usual
So do all what u can do to get above 440 CRS and clinch ITAs
470s were dominating the pool since September 2019 and were not allowing any other. Glad that this Corona is a blessing for u ppl
Once the economy reopens, it's gonna be only 470s taking every ITA.
Good luck to all CECs.
Hope Canada helps some more CECs till August and save some desperate CECs rather than handing everything once again to 470s
I really don't get this mindset. Yes good that luck has given a chance to low scoring CECs & I'm happy for them. But this attitude towards "470s" is so misplaced. They are not some cheaters or schemers who are taking advantage of something, they are people who have worked hard to have the best shot at getting in according to the rules set by the government.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I agree FSW are simply trying to achieve the best future for themselves like all applicants though the shift towards a higher score after the pandemic subsides may mean that a Canadian undergrad or diploma may not be a guarantee of PR as one thought in the past and it may be in the best intrests of all future international students to come instead to do their Masters or post graduate degrees.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Me and my spouse have score of 433 and a CEC candidate. I am in Canada from last 4 years during which I studied 2 programs and have been working in NOC B category from 2 years now.
The only drawback is that we cannot get degree evaluation and IELTS done for my spouse due to covid-19.
How would you see our scenario in the events of recent draw?
Hi. Just to make sure; I'm no immigration consultant. Like all messages in this thread, I only give my opinion/theories. The question is if the 433 point you've got is considering WES to be evaluated and Wife's IELTS to be taken or is it what you got right now without them? If you got 433 without WES and your wife's IELTS, the chances are, in my opinion, that you will get ITA in within the next couple draws as I truly believe FSW won't happen for at least 2 months. One controversial option is to enter the pool without your wife to boost your points, however, it could be a little more complicated because I assume your wife is already here in Canada. I have heard there are successful stories, but there isn't many threads about this. I'd use it as a last resource.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi. Just to make sure; I'm no immigration consultant. Like all messages in this thread, I only give my opinion/theories. The question is if the 433 point you've got is considering WES to be evaluated and Wife's IELTS to be taken or is it what you got right now without them? If you got 433 without WES and your wife's IELTS, the chances are, in my opinion, that you will get ITA in within the next couple draws as I truly believe FSW won't happen for at least 2 months. One controversial option is to enter the pool without your wife to boost your points, however, it could be a little more complicated because I assume your wife is already here in Canada. I have heard there are successful stories, but there isn't many threads about this. I'd use it as a last resource.
Pretty sure there's a question phrased, "are you married?" or "what is your marital status?". So, if a married person said anything other than "married", it would be misrepresentation.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Pretty sure there's a question phrased, "are you married?" or "what is your marital status?". So, if a married person said anything other than "married", it would be misrepresentation.
I meant state he's married but with a non-accompanying spouse and giving a letter of explanation telling the truth that he's only doing it to boost the points otherwise he'd have no chances to immigrate. Again, it's a controversial option and I would only use it as a last resource.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I have put up file for EE my score is 438 but my spouse ielts score will expire 7thjune, he booked exam but due to covid19 it got transferred to 20th june, Any possibilty if we can request CIC to make this score valid for four weeks? what can be done?
without her ielts score , if you are able to make 428+ still your chances are high to get picked up in next 1-2 draw.

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
My partner (who is a Canadian citizen) and myself currently live in the UK. Should I say that she will be accompanying me to Canada? Technically she is but I don't see how it's relevant given that I won't get any points given that she's a Canadian citizen.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My partner (who is a Canadian citizen) and myself currently live in the UK. Should I say that she will be accompanying me to Canada? Technically she is but I don't see how it's relevant given that I won't get any points given that she's a Canadian citizen.
If she is, then you say yes. If she isn't, you say no.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I think you should check with IRCC - probably quickest is to raise a web form request or give them a call. As per my GCMS notes interpretation, If you say accompanying spouse, then it would mean # of potential visas increases by one in your application. And since your wife is already a citizen, she would not need a visa. So, if I were you, I would have clarified this from IRCC officials.