Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hmmm yeah. But you know, what if IRCC says the same bro?
Does it mean that aspirants are doomed?
It depends on what's decided. If they decide to reduce intake numbers per draw, then it would just mean you might have to wait even longer to be drawn (if you have a high CRS). But let's just wait and see what happens. :)

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
It depends on what's decided. If they decide to reduce intake numbers per draw, then it would just mean you might have to wait even longer to be drawn (if you have a high CRS). But let's just wait and see what happens. :)
We are to expect an update in Fall, and I doubt if draws wìll be kept on hold till then. I beleieve FSW will happen but they might have to cut down the targeted number for this year

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Nothing will change, maybe a slight drop in invitations. The government is saying this to placate people calling for a cut to immigration because of the pandemic, but the truth is you can't reverse course when your population is shrinking. The birth rate in Canada is not even at the replacement rate.

Immigration will continue, they'll cut it maybe by a few thousand places, and it most likely will not affect EE. They'll cut other programs ahead of it probably.

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
omg im 448 too
It will be cec and pnp for a long time, the unemployment is far to high and it will take months months for the economy to recover. They want people in jobs, remember once we are approved pr one of the condition is that we stayed emplyed for after 1 year and then we are approved.

Reactions: mkarimzadeh

sharry_277

Mar 22, 2020
Like last draw the tie breaking was from Oct 10, 2019, this indicates that there are a lot of candidates at this score of 452 and 3311 were got out of the pool after ITA and a lot of people would have joined the pool as well from CEC. It is possible that the next draw would also be 452.
Or if it’s 451 than the tie breaking would be around September or October.

Reactions: mkarimzadeh

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I know it was coming,,,it would have been imppssible to keep the numbers...eventually the immigratstion will disappear within few months...
I spoke to Trudeau. Said he will personally stand at Pearson and make sure people aren't allowed to enter!! :p

Like many have said, be patient. Don't trust anyone, including so-called champions on this forum. IRCC knows what they are doing. The system may not be perfect, but it works!

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Like last draw the tie breaking was from Oct 10, 2019, this indicates that there are a lot of candidates at this score of 452 and 3311 were got out of the pool after ITA and a lot of people would have joined the pool as well from CEC. It is possible that the next draw would also be 452.
Or if it’s 451 than the tie breaking would be around September or October.
NO way.
The reason for the high cut off 452 in the previous draw was that the candidates who were in the pool got the points for the completed work experience,1, 2, 3 yrs. Express entry automatically updates the score on 1st day of the month and the draw was on 1st May. So be patient and wait the CRS cut off would come down to 445 in the ext draw if its CEC only.
Assumption 1, no new CEC candidate would enter into the pool.
Assumption 2, FSW:CEC ratio, 2.5:1 in the pool.

Reactions: sharry_277

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
NO way.
The reason for the high cut off 452 in the previous draw was that the candidates who were in the pool got the points for the completed work experience,1, 2, 3 yrs. Express entry automatically updates the score on 1st day of the month and the draw was on 1st May. So be patient and wait the CRS cut off would come down to 445 in the ext draw if its CEC only.
Assumption 1, no new CEC candidate would enter into the pool.
Assumption 2, FSW:CEC ratio, 2.5:1 in the pool.
I highly doubt it. The lower you get, the denser the distribution is. I would be really surprised it the cutoff is lower than 450/449.

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
I highly doubt it. The lower you get, the denser the distribution is. I would be really surprised it the cutoff is lower than 450/449.
To me it looks like that the candidates are equally distributed between 440-460.
The pool had 10295 candidates between 440-450, and roughly 10000 between 451-460 on 27 April. Arithmetically, 1000 candidates/count. If the FSW:CEC ratio is 2.5:1, one need roughly 8500 candidates to pick 3400 CEC candidates. Doesn't it add up to cut off 445-446.
Simple example, the cut off dropped from 464 to 455 when draw happened on 9th April and 16th April respectively. Probably no new CEC candidate would had entered into the pool during that gap.
The only confusion is how many new CEC candidates would enter during 1st may to 14 May.
Lets see what IRCC brings for us on the coming Thusrsday.

Last edited:
Reactions: srk2322

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Nothing will change, maybe a slight drop in invitations. The government is saying this to placate people calling for a cut to immigration because of the pandemic, but the truth is you can't reverse course when your population is shrinking. The birth rate in Canada is not even at the replacement rate.

Immigration will continue, they'll cut it maybe by a few thousand places, and it most likely will not affect EE. They'll cut other programs ahead of it probably.
There have been a lot of speculations about Canada stopping immigration in the past. But here they are, still accepting new immigrants.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-stopping-2014.218993/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-stopped-foreever-is-it-true.110460/

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
It will be cec and pnp for a long time, the unemployment is far to high and it will take months months for the economy to recover. They want people in jobs, remember once we are approved pr one of the condition is that we stayed emplyed for after 1 year and then we are approved.
What does this mean?

Reactions: Pgill2609