+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
May I know where ?
Mine has been rescheduled at least 5 times and not happening before May 30th , IDP said most likely June/July. Even though the country lifted the restrictions and everything is gradually getting back to normal.
Nigeria mate.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

sisac9

Aug 2, 2019
Kerala, India
The recent score distribution (as of April 27) had 7000 dudes in the 460 to 70 range.
3000 dudes above 470
A CEC draw too took place post this distribution table and nearly 4k dudes (major high scorers) were flushed and literally incoming of dudes into pool is almost halted
So if not sure from where these ppl say score will remain 470 no matter what
I challenge these dudes that (if FSW draw resumes) minimum CRS is coming down
I believe you are going wrong in with the assumption that last draw CEC dudes were high scorers.
The first CEC only draw (March 23) CRS 467- dudes were high scorers, that I agree. There were 3 CEC only draws after that and those selected are not high scorers as evidenced by dropping of scores to 464, 455 and 452.

And as you mentioned no IELTS, No WES and no inflow of applicants (Exception being guys completing One year job in Canada during this period). So basically CEC guys getting selected are those with low scores, they are not from the 3826 guys with scores higher than 471 as on 27-04-2020.

The number of guys in the range >471 to 500 is going to remain the same till there is an FSW draw (Small changes due to change in age and work experience). CEC draws are not affecting this number at all.

In conclusion for the first FSW, draw score is going to be minimum 470 as of now.

If the draws happen after normalisation of IELTS and WES score will spike and later stabilise and if the draw is before that then the first draw will e 470 and subsequent draws it will reduce.

Whatever the case (Exception being big change in draw size) , next FSW draw cannot be less than 470 considering all the above.

Last edited:

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I believe you are going wrong in with the assumption that last draw CEC dudes were high scorers.
The first CEC only draw (March 23) CRS 467- dudes were high scorers, that I agree. There were 3 CEC only draws after that and those selected are not high scorers as evidenced by dropping of scores to 464, 455 and 452.

And as you mentioned no IELTS, No WES and no inflow of applicants (Exception being guys completing One year job in Canada during this period). So basically CEC guys getting selected are those with low scores, they are not from the 3826 guys with scores higher than 471 as on 27-04-2020.

The number of guys in the range >471 to 500 is going to remain the same till there is an FSW draw (Small changes due to change in age and work experience). CEC draws are not affecting this number at all.

In conclusion for the first FSW, draw score is going to be minimum 470 as of now.

If the draws happen after normalisation of IELTS and WES score will spike and later stabilise and if the draw is before that then the first draw will e 470 and subsequent draws it will reduce.

Whatever the case (Exception being big change in draw size) , next FSW draw cannot be less than 470 considering all the above.
Let's see. You have your theory and I have mine.
Let's hope that the cut-off score does not spike and that it gradually shall drop to at least 450
There are many dudes, who did more than enough but still with 450 and lower 460. Let's see what this Corona is gonna give

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What this mean for my application? They will cancel it? I work so hard to get to this point. :(
I highly doubt they will cancel any applications in progress (i.e. where ITA has been received).

However it's possible that fewer ITAs will be issued.

Pyruvate1

Oct 24, 2018
https://torontosun.com/news/national/feds-hint-at-scaling-back-immigration-due-to-pandemic-fallout
Guess there might be reduced immigration
Not sure though but came across this
People there too are badly against this immigration in lakhs.
Gone are the golden days it seems
No information here na. The Minister didnt say there will be reduction. As we all Know, Conservatives are not that liberal to Immigration, and the last line indicates that there will be an updatr on immigration in Fall( which obviously is the end of 2020 and Canada has a clearer picture of the economy).

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
https://torontosun.com/news/national/feds-hint-at-scaling-back-immigration-due-to-pandemic-fallout
Guess there might be reduced immigration
Not sure though but came across this
People there too are badly against this immigration in lakhs.
Gone are the golden days it seems
A tabloid reporting what a different online publication reported the Minister said in a committee meeting. Too many links along the broken telephone line here potentially. The Toronto Sun is a terrible source for "news". I'd stick to getting reliable info straight from IRCC.

For anyone interested, actually reputable Canadian news outlets include The Globe and Mail, CBC, Global, CTV, and the Toronto Star.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
A tabloid reporting what a different online publication reported the Minister said in a committee meeting. Too many links along the broken telephone line here potentially. The Toronto Sun is a terrible source for "news". I'd stick to getting reliable info straight from IRCC.
Hmmm yeah. But you know, what if IRCC says the same bro?
Does it mean that aspirants are doomed?