+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
IELTS score of 8777 boosts the score without Canadian experience. Canadian experience nullifies that. I am a CEC candidate.. My score was 468 when my IELTS was L8.5 R9 W6.5 and S8. It increased to 472 with my new score L8.5 R8.5 W7 and S7.. So the increase was marginal
Can you please share other details to get a clear picture?
Have you done Masters?
Do you have any experience apart from Canadian experience?
How much of an experience do you have in Canada?
Age?
Single / Married?

From what I see, having a Masters degree and a couple years of canadian experience gives 472 CRS with IETLS 8 7 7 7.
A person can have Masters Degree with atleast 2 years of experience by the age of 28-29.

I really am curious to know that how people with canadian experience / study have this low of a score, i.e. under 470.

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Can you please share other details to get a clear picture?
Have you done Masters?
Do you have any experience apart from Canadian experience?
How much of an experience do you have in Canada?
Age?
Single / Married?

From what I see, having a Masters degree and a couple years of canadian experience gives 472 CRS with IETLS 8 7 7 7.
A person can have Masters Degree with atleast 2 years of experience by the age of 28-29.

I really am curious to know that how people with canadian experience / study have this low of a score, i.e. under 470.
i have masters(not Canadian) but my age is 36..so age negates my points due to masters.. Due to one year cec exp,there isn't much change in score with ielts 8777..next married and my wife doesn't have any Canadian experience or degree
.so normal points and even if you are single and apply with above criteria points increase by just one.. So I would say the key for any cec to have high score is less age with masters degree/cec exp

Reactions: jitesh2013

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi anyone’s please,

work experience noc B full time from 7 April 2019 to 9 April 2020, laid off due to shortage of work now,

Can I start another job which is offered to me from 17 May 2020 ( different employer) noc C

will it affect my express entry profile now? I am going to apply by the end of May (got ITA on 1st May)

thanks
No - your current job won't impact your Express Entry profile. You are good to go.

Reactions: hardeep bal

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey,
Wanna know will there be any FST draw this month?
We all want to know that. FST, FSW... it'll be interesting to see if the patterns continue, or if there will be some other draws soon.

Last edited:

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys

I have few doubts regarding express entry application

How do I enter my full/academic years in the education field in the express entry? My bachelor is from 2012- 2015 (3 ACADEMIC YEARS) but WES shows 4 years.

Should I go with 3 or 4 years?

- Do I need to put yes or no in question, Do X candidate have a job offer in Canada?

I received an invitation on 9th April but I had to decline the invitation but I mess up these 2 questions.

Thanks,

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hello Guys

I have few doubts regarding express entry application

How do I enter my full/academic years in the education field in the express entry? My bachelor is from 2012- 2015 (3 ACADEMIC YEARS) but WES shows 4 years.

Should I go with 3 or 4 years?

- Do I need to put yes or no in question, Do X candidate have a job offer in Canada?

I received an invitation on 9th April but I had to decline the invitation but I mess up these 2 questions.

Thanks,
1. You'll input 3 years of education irrespective of the equivalency, otherwise it'll be false representation of facts. Down in the same table, select assessing authority, equivalency, and report number beginning with IMM.

2. Do you have a job offer or are currently working?
Does this job require LMIA from the government? If it does and you have an approval, put Yes. Otherwise, No.
Please correct me here good folks. I'm not very sure about this.

3. You can change the data you input even after the ITA, given that the changes do not alter your score below the cutoff score and tie breaker.

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
1. You'll input 3 years of education irrespective of the equivalency, otherwise it'll be false representation of facts. Down in the same table, select assessing authority, equivalency, and report number beginning with IMM.

2. Do you have a job offer or are currently working?
Does this job require LMIA from the government? If it does and you have an approval, put Yes. Otherwise, No.
Please correct me here good folks. I'm not very sure about this.

3. You can change the data you input even after the ITA, given that the changes do not alter your score below the cutoff score and tie breaker.
Thanks for your reply,

How can we alter info after ITA because my profile was locked?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Thanks for your reply,

How can we alter info after ITA because my profile was locked?
It is not locked after ITA. Things can be changed/altered. The profile gets locked after AOR.

Guys,
How long it takes to get AOR after submitting all the documents?

Thanks
You get AOR within a few hours to days after paying the application fee.