+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
you are making a different point. What I am saying is people are desperate. The ones who are truly sensible will delay it. The ones who aren't they can do as they please. If having no income and only expenses is their thing, we are nobody to discourage them.
Most people will anyways delay the actual move to Canada. No one here who is desperate for ITA would hop on first flight and leave everything to be in Canada. People are more worried because with time many folks will lose points on age. Those points can't be gained back. And, realistically even if someone gets ITA today, it will take another 8 months - 1 year to get COPR.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
you are making a different point. What I am saying is people are desperate. The ones who are truly sensible will delay it. The ones who aren't they can do as they please. If having no income and only expenses is their thing, we are nobody to discourage them.
Ideally, people know what is at stake i guess and according to a recent study, people only want to secure their place as there are lots of uncertainty surrounding the EE.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Most people will anyways delay the actual move to Canada. No one here who is desperate for ITA would hop on first flight and leave everything to be in Canada. People are more worried because with time many folks will lose points on age. Those points can't be gained back. And, realistically even if someone gets ITA today, it will take another 8 months - 1 year to get COPR.
But, if you are desperate for ITA, you are desperate to get here also, no? These aren't great fundamental stocks that you are looking to pick up in a dire market. Anyway, all I am saying is it's up to each individual to do what they want to. The whole 'don't come here in the near future' advice is discouraging and makes no sense at all. Let each person be the judge of their own future.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
But, if you are desperate for ITA, you are desperate to get here also, no? These aren't great fundamental stocks that you are looking to pick up in a dire market. Anyway, all I am saying is it's up to each individual to do what they want to. The whole 'don't come here in the near future' advice is discouraging and makes no sense at all. Let each person be the judge of their own future.
People can just do a soft landing and go back to Canada every six months to keep their PR status active until the job market becomes better and settle there later on.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
People can just do a soft landing and go back to Canada every six months to keep their PR status active until the job market becomes better and settle there later on.
but the point is to move here naa, baba? Soft landing, hard landing, no landing are just ways to keep PR status active. The whole point is to move here. Am not against any of the points being made. I am just against the discouragement. That's it.

Reactions: Yemjim

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For the current ITAs, is int it 6 months processing time?
No. IRCC said several weeks ago that people should expect processing times longer than six months due to COVID-19.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: nat.abramovich

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
No one being drawn will be approved until the earliest the mid-end 2021. A more realistic time frame will be the quarter 2022. This is actually a good as the economy would have made a little recovery by then.
I am honestly curious to know what your sources are. Recent news indicate that IRCC has found ways to work on applications while officers work from home. A delay is to be expected which is common sense considering the situation. I still don't expect the processing time to go beyond a year which I think is a worst case scenario. There will be applications which might get approved as early as 6 months.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I have also watched all these threads and that is why asking my lawyers frequently and got same answer until they freaked out. Then I asked another lawyer who does free consultation for first time, Same answer and I paid 150$ for paid consultation and got the same answer. My hired lawyer and two other consultation lawyers all are IRCC certified and in Canada. I told what I was told. If someone is getting through it without any blunder I am happy for them and wish them all the best. I just wish good for all aspirants that is why concerned. I am not trying to scare people. I just want all good for everybody.
Everyone's situation is different. It's not one size fits all. If people did not meet MEC when they received an ITA, they will be refused. No questions asked. However, if they met MEC and got an ITA but they can complete their experience before their e-APR, they will be fine.

To give you a clear example, let's say candidate A and B get an ITA in the last week draw and both these candidates received it early by a few weeks. Candidate A is a CEC candidate who claimed 2 years of Canadian work experience which he/she will complete a few days after the ITA while Candidate B is a CEC candidate who claimed a year of Canadian work experience but did not have it on or before the ITA date, Now, Candidate A can wait until they have two years of experience and apply after that, their score at ITA and e-APR will match when the VO manually calculates it. Thus, it won't be refused. Candidate B on the other hand may have their application refused due to not meeting MEC at the time of ITA. In short, one must MEC at ITA and e-APR while your CRS score should be satisfied at the time of e-APR. If for whatever reasons, Candidate A submits their application before they have two years of work experience, they won't get credit for that and without that credit, if their score falls below the cut-off, it will be refused.

So, please don't misguide people here. I have cited several sections under A11.2 in this post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/to-accept-ita-or-to-decline-based-on-calculation-of-work-experience.687189/post-8614249. Take a look,

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
Has anyone ever thought of this?

In every draw around 3900 ITAs are sent out. The new processing fees for each applicant have become $825 + $500(RPRF) = $1325 & that’s assuming no spouses and no dependents for each application.

So in each draw, IRCC roughly makes $1325 x 3900 = $5,167,500 CAD.

They make $5 million dollars in every draw, and maybe because of the recession coming up, they will want to increase the number of ITAs sent out in order to make more profit! Isn’t that a pretty valid reason? What do you all think?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

In every draw around 3900 ITAs are sent out. The new processing fees for each applicant have become $825 + $500(RPRF) = $1325 & that’s assuming no spouses and no dependents for each application.

They make $5 million dollars in every draw, and maybe because of the recession coming up, they will want to increase the number of ITAs sent out in order to make more profit! Isn’t that a pretty valid reason? What do you all think?
Things around the world are slowly going back to semi normal, hopefully IRCC picks up on this and allows a FSW draw soon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Sigh. This has been covered many times previously. IRCC is not making money. The fees do not fully cover the costs to process applications. The remaining costs are paid by Canadian tax payers. In other words, Canadian tax payers are subsidizing the application costs for all those of you applying.

The reasons why the fees were incresed is that previously Canadian tax payers were covering 65% of the costs to process applications. The fees were increased to reduce this % to a lower amount.

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Everyone's situation is different. It's not one size fits all. If people did not meet MEC when they received an ITA, they will be refused. No questions asked. However, if they met MEC and got an ITA but they can complete their experience before their e-APR, they will be fine.

To give you a clear example, let's say candidate A and B get an ITA in the last week draw and both these candidates received it early by a few weeks. Candidate A is a CEC candidate who claimed 2 years of Canadian work experience which he/she will complete a few days after the ITA while Candidate B is a CEC candidate who claimed a year of Canadian work experience but did not have it on or before the ITA date, Now, Candidate A can wait until they have two years of experience and apply after that, their score at ITA and e-APR will match when the VO manually calculates it. Thus, it won't be refused. Candidate B on the other hand may have their application refused due to not meeting MEC at the time of ITA. In short, one must MEC at ITA and e-APR while your CRS score should be satisfied at the time of e-APR. If for whatever reasons, Candidate A submits their application before they have two years of work experience, they won't get credit for that and without that credit, if their score falls below the cut-off, it will be refused.

So, please don't misguide people here. I have cited several sections under A11.2 in this post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/to-accept-ita-or-to-decline-based-on-calculation-of-work-experience.687189/post-8614249. Take a look,
Thanks for clarifying this! Also, always attach a letter of Explanation as you why you proceeded the application, and explain and highlight these reasons. It's always a good practice to clear all the possible doubts and misinterpretation.