Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
It's a new month now. I wonder if with some countries (including CA) opening up gradually, they'll start doing FSW draws again. We'll probably find out next week.
Although I agree and hope that FSW draws are gonna resume soon, let's not stress others out because many are in need of another CEC draw.
Hard to please everyone, though! :D

Reactions: Sharanm7 and Issygn

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Man the misinformation on this forum is appalling. That is totally incorrect. The work ex would be looked at the time the complete application is submitted. As long as one submits post actual completion of the work experience year(s), it is fine.
Please refrain from spreading misinformation. Each declined ITA is someone else's ITA, may be someone's last shot at it.
Nobody wants to waste ITA but this is what I got in reply from my immigration lawyer in Canada who is practising from 12 years. If someone wants to go ahead and accept its their choice. I am telling what I was told. Everybody is desperate to accept ITA and start process including me that is why I was looking everywhere how it works. I dont want myself or any of my fellow mate in trouble because of some stupid mistake, so mentioned what I was told by lawyer. Below is the reply when I asked about calculating experience

Regardless if the system gives you points for 2 years only after completing 1 year, 11 months you can only claim the points once you have actually completed the full 2 years. The Immigration Officer has the final decision – the Express Entry system is only the intake system and not the actual law. Any ITA received before completion of exact 2 year MUST be declined.

Last edited:

gotusk

May 6, 2020
Nobody wants to waste ITA but this is what I got in reply from my immigration lawyer in Canada who is practising from 12 years. If someone wants to go ahead and accept its their choice. I am telling what I was told. Everybody is desperate to accept ITA and start process including me that is why I was looking everywhere how it works. I dont want myself or any of my fellow mate in trouble because of some stupid mistake, so mentioned what I was told by lawyer. Below is the reply when I asked about calculating experience

Regardless if the system gives you points for 2 years only after completing 1 year, 11 months you can only claim the points once you have actually completed the full 2 years. The Immigration Officer has the final decision – the Express Entry system is only the intake system and not the actual law. Any ITA received before completion of exact 2 year MUST be declined.
Can you answer my question please?
Should I accept ITA after completing my work experience ? Or
Should I decline it because of 2.5 months being off to work?

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Man the misinformation on this forum is appalling. That is totally incorrect. The work ex would be looked at the time the complete application is submitted. As long as one submits post actual completion of the work experience year(s), it is fine.
Please refrain from spreading misinformation. Each declined ITA is someone else's ITA, may be someone's last shot at it.
If somebody still have doubt please ask professional IRCC certified lawyer rather than becoming one. I meant no disrespect to anybody but be responsible before you push someone for accepting just because you haven't got ITA yet. I understand that this leads to so many wasted ITA but its better to wait than jeopardizing someone's application.

Last edited:

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019

Firstly, please go through the numerous examples of people having gotten their PR , having been in a similar situation. If your immigration lawyer is mentioning this, sorry to say, but you should look at hiring someone better. Granted I am not a lawyer, but the language of the Acts and Rules, along with the language of the assessing officers in various GCMS notes, make it amply clear how the process is followed

If you or your immigration lawyer still insist on this, I would request you to kindly share a few examples of such cases where people have been denied their PR for this specific reason only. Because I'm sure I can find plenty of cases where such applications have been approved

If somebody still have doubt please ask professional IRCC certified lawyer rather than becoming one. I meant no disrespect to anybody but be responsible before you push someone for accepting just because you haven't got ITA yet. I understand that this leads to so many wasted ITA but its better to wait than jeopardizing someone's application.
Secondly, I think it would be better if you see the profile to the people whom you are replying to so as to not make assumptions. I have already received my ITA and my application has already been sent in January. So this is not for my selfish reasons, but only for hundreds, if not thousands, of people who have been patiently waiting for an ITA while people in a position of privilege have been declining them.

Good day to you!

Reactions: RAMAAA91 and sisac9

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020

Hello - I am in the same boat now in BC PNP, but this is what it says on BC PNP guidelines though - "

If your application information differs from your registration information, resulting in a decrease in your total registration score, and your revised registration score is below the minimum draw score at the time you were invited to apply, you should withdraw your registration and submit a new registration with correct information. This is done using your existing profile. Should you proceed with submitting an application, your application will be refused

If your application information differs from your registration information, and the differences would not decrease your total registration score below the minimum draw score at the time you were invited to apply, or would result in an increase in your total registration score, you may choose to keep your original registration and proceed with submitting an application
."

and I guess this will apply for CEC applicants as well, again I am not sure I am still doing my research. I fully understand that you have 60 days to complete the application, any changes in your application from the date of ITA and submission of PR application can significantly affect your score. It makes sense not to decline the ITA because the changes did not decrease your score, you also did not do any misinformation in your EE profile, but make sure you submit the application after completing the number of weeks and back up your application with a Letter of Explanation. I found a thread re: this and most people didnt have any problem, and got their PR: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/received-ita-problem.589432/page-2

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Hello - I am in the same boat now in BC PNP, but this is what it says on BC PNP guidelines though - "

If your application information differs from your registration information, resulting in a decrease in your total registration score, and your revised registration score is below the minimum draw score at the time you were invited to apply, you should withdraw your registration and submit a new registration with correct information. This is done using your existing profile. Should you proceed with submitting an application, your application will be refused

If your application information differs from your registration information, and the differences would not decrease your total registration score below the minimum draw score at the time you were invited to apply, or would result in an increase in your total registration score, you may choose to keep your original registration and proceed with submitting an application
."

and I guess this will apply for CEC applicants as well, again I am not sure I am still doing my research. I fully understand that you have 60 days to complete the application, any changes in your application from the date of ITA and submission of PR application can significantly affect your score. It makes sense not to decline the ITA because the changes did not decrease your score, you also did not do any misinformation in your EE profile, but make sure you submit the application after completing the number of weeks and back up your application with a Letter of Explanation. I found a thread re: this and most people didnt have any problem, and got their PR: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/received-ita-problem.589432/page-2
I have also watched all these threads and that is why asking my lawyers frequently and got same answer until they freaked out. Then I asked another lawyer who does free consultation for first time, Same answer and I paid 150$ for paid consultation and got the same answer. My hired lawyer and two other consultation lawyers all are IRCC certified and in Canada. I told what I was told. If someone is getting through it without any blunder I am happy for them and wish them all the best. I just wish good for all aspirants that is why concerned. I am not trying to scare people. I just want all good for everybody.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I have also watched all these threads and that is why asking my lawyers frequently and got same answer until they freaked out. Then I asked another lawyer who does free consultation for first time, Same answer and I paid 150$ for paid consultation and got the same answer. My hired lawyer and two other consultation lawyers all are IRCC certified and in Canada. I told what I was told. If someone is getting through it without any blunder I am happy for them and wish them all the best. I just wish good for all aspirants that is why concerned. I am not trying to scare people. I just want all good for everybody.
You should probably stop using lawyers and start doing more of self research. I believe you are smart and intelligent enough to understand the entire process.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Now is a very very bad time to emigrate to Canada.
Massive joblessness amid Covid, deep and prolonged recession ongoing now.
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% jobless rate (exact figure for April to be released later)
Be prepared for a very rude shock if u come.
Honestly, it's best people find this out the hard way. They are in a place where they want to see the other side of things and nothing you will say will discourage them (except a select few), and I don't really see how it's a bad thing.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
You should probably stop using lawyers and start doing more of self research. I believe you are smart and intelligent enough to understand the entire process.
lol thank you but fortunately I am the one who did not wasted ITA and file was smooth so it wont matter. I finished my 2 year on 22 march and got ita on 23 March draw. I got points from Feb 28 so wanted to apply early if get ITA but that earlier ITA never happened

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
lol thank you but fortunately I am the one who did not wasted ITA and file was smooth so it wont matter. I finished my 2 year on 22 march and got ita on 23 March draw. I got points from Feb 28 so wanted to apply early if get ITA but that earlier ITA never happened
Brilliant!!

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Honestly, it's best people find this out the hard way. They are in a place where they want to see the other side of things and nothing you will say will discourage them (except a select few), and I don't really see how it's a bad thing.
Worldwide phenomenon and it may interest you to know that not everyone on the EE pool are truly job seekers .

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Worldwide phenomenon and it may interest you to know that not everyone on the EE pool are truly job seekers .
you are making a different point. What I am saying is people are desperate. The ones who are truly sensible will delay it. The ones who aren't they can do as they please. If having no income and only expenses is their thing, we are nobody to discourage them.