+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

ale.qiu10

Apr 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you guys how should I put my working experience on my EE Profile?

-Company A: July 24,2018-Feb 17,2020 As Drafter.

-Company B: Feb 18,2020-Present/April 21,2020 (Temporary Laid off due to Covid19) As Civil Engineering Technician.

-From April 22,2020-May 10 Unemployed.

-I just got a Full-time job as a Cook (Type B) to continue my work experience while my main company calls me back to work an then this will become a part-time job later.

-Company C: May 11,2020-X

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Guess you failed to read my write up clearly. He hasn’t accepted yet and will only do that when his years of work experience is complete.
no i actually failed to write clearly. Lets say ITA came on 1 May and experience completing on 5 May. He cant accept ITA of 1 May on 6th May because his experience completed. After ITA profile gets lock. So that application will be rejected mostly. I understand this is very weird way and so many ITAs are lost this way but still this is what it is. After completion of actual 1/2 year on should receive ITA and that can be accepted only. Anything before that is useless. All lawyers will advise you this only.

Reactions: newbiealpha

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
It was well before the COVID situation. It might be possible that the entire immigration trend my change for a while because a lot of people lost their jobs, even those working in the government.
"A report due Friday will likely show employment in Canada was decimated in April. The country probably lost more than 4 million jobs, a fifth of the labor force. That follows the record 1-million decline in March." (bloomberg.com)

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
It’s okay to receive an ITA before the completion of your work experience as that is updated automatically by the system. However the actual date you accept the invitation is what IRCC take into account so you should be fine. After your waiting period you will have 15 days for submission so that is enough for you to wrap things up. 90 days- 75days = 15
are you sure that it is the date when you submit the documents? What if someone lost 5 marks for age after receiving the ITA and before they submitted the application, do you think their application will be rejected? I don't think so, I believe points are calculated/verified with reference to date of ITA issuance.

Reactions: joconstantine

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello guys, I got an ITA under EE BCPNP - International Graduate stream with 108 pts (Goodnews! I think the NOC Code restrictions have had lifted in BC PNP). I have a month from today to confirm the ITA. My question is - the system calculated my Canadian experience (1 yr) on April 17, which gave me extra points, my worry is that my 52 weeks Canadian experience is not yet completed by Jun 5. Can I accept the ITA, and wait for Jun 6 to submit my application? This is the same with CEC, most people advise that wait until you have the 52 weeks, not sure if that works with BC PNP as well.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Anshul001

Apr 10, 2020
Hello guys, I got an ITA under EE BCPNP - International Graduate stream with 108 pts (Goodnews! I think the NOC Code restrictions have had lifted in BC PNP). I have a month from today to confirm the ITA. My question is - the system calculated my Canadian experience (1 yr) on April 17, which gave me extra points, my worry is that my 52 weeks Canadian experience is not yet completed by Jun 5. Can I accept the ITA, and wait for Jun 6 to submit my application? This is the same with CEC, most people advise that wait until you have the 52 weeks, not sure if that works with BC PNP as well.
I can be wrong but i think u got that because of Canadian experience.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
no i actually failed to write clearly. Lets say ITA came on 1 May and experience completing on 5 May. He cant accept ITA of 1 May on 6th May because his experience completed. After ITA profile gets lock. So that application will be rejected mostly. I understand this is very weird way and so many ITAs are lost this way but still this is what it is. After completion of actual 1/2 year on should receive ITA and that can be accepted only. Anything before that is useless. All lawyers will advise you this only.
There is no such thing as accepting an ita. You either continue with the application or decline. Work exp is counted from the date of application submission.

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Man the misinformation on this forum is appalling. That is totally incorrect. The work ex would be looked at the time the complete application is submitted. As long as one submits post actual completion of the work experience year(s), it is fine.
Please refrain from spreading misinformation. Each declined ITA is someone else's ITA, may be someone's last shot at it.

Reactions: Issygn

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Now is a very very bad time to emigrate to Canada.
Massive joblessness amid Covid, deep and prolonged recession ongoing now.
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% jobless rate (exact figure for April to be released later)
Be prepared for a very rude shock if u come.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% jobless rate (exact figure for April to be released later)
No one being drawn now is probably going to be able to come to Canada until around the end of the year, minimum, due to processing times. The situation in Canada now is not representative of what it'll be like once current ITAs are approved and finalized.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Canada is currently only issuing ITAs to people who are already in Canada (and hopefully are in a job).
We are not sure when they will resume all-categories draws and the applications will take at least 6 months to be processed. Moreover, some people won't immigrate immediately after having obtained their status. So I presume newcomers will only move there 1.5-2 years from now. After a recession or a crisis is actually a good time to look for jobs.
So it's not a bad idea to start now.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Canada is currently only issuing ITAs to people who are already in Canada (and hopefully are in a job).
We are not sure when they will resume all-categories draws and the applications will take at least 6 months to be processed. Moreover, some people won't immigrate immediately after having obtained their status. So I presume newcomers will only move there 1.5-2 years from now. After a recession or a crisis is actually a good time to look for jobs.
So it's not a bad idea to start now.
It's a new month now. I wonder if with some countries (including CA) opening up gradually, they'll start doing FSW draws again. We'll probably find out next week.

Reactions: alexross