+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 147th Draw - CEC

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
In 2017 May 31st...the CRS drop as low as 413...historic score mean nothing

I think the score will open at 465 again when everything back to normal and slowly back to 470
Yeah I thought about that too, I was thinking to retake my IELTS this May 11 or May 19, regardless of the draw on May 15, I should target for 470. But to be honest, I am not fully prepared to take my IELTS on May 11, I am only doing an intensive review for one week because I am afraid that the next draw (May 15) will include the FSW and for sure the score will fire up again in the next couple of weeks!

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Low score mean nothing with application stand chance of rejection. I receive invite with crs score of 415 on May of 2017 and after eight months of wait I got denied. I enroll into MBA program at a most prestigious school with expected graduate this june 2019. I also study French since 1 year and take exam in September 2019. I maxed out ielts after eight tries so my only hope was to score minimum on french exam and get good eval for my MBA other than that no luck for me. My score jump up to 420 with MBA and french i should get good enough score to get direct invite. I have to leave India for my betterment of the next generation. Good luck to those in Canada with PR. I learn french in 16 months, crack TEF and get ita in september 2019. Now waiting for decision on my file. Goodluck
Why did you get a rejection? Did you miscalculate your score before?

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Is there anyone here tried the IELTS computer based, is the result really takes 5-7 days? or sometimes 3 days? thanks

arrivewbr

May 4, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have a query, I created profile last yr with 2 yrs of experience, and I just checked my profile today and its showing me points according to 3 yrs experience.

My work history starts from July-2017 till now, I am not sure how its calculating points according to 3 years experience. I applied under FSW.

Do they count experience by no. of hours or no. of years? Any suggestions?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Right now as per the data from cic, there are 4605 people with scores higher than 471 which is before the last CEC draw. The last CEC draw was with cutoff of 452 and I have been following the latest draws and havent seen much of a movement in 471-490 range. Hence most of the people must be in the range of 451-470. Also, roughly the amount of ITAs sent in each draw is 3900. So I highly doubt 450-460.

Bonus: I heard IELTS are starting up again shortly. And the CRS went to 464, below 470 in last October for regular draw.
How is IELTS is reopening. I guess it is next to impossible now
May be in 2 months. When universities are insisting students to come by September to avoid further contraction of the virus, not sure how these ppl will ask applicants to come to test centre
No country (except NZ and AUG) is doing good to control the virus
So clearly IELTS may not open up soon. Academic might be possible online from home but no idea about general
Even if IELTS opens up, they r not gonna accommodate full strength in the room
So, highly motivated and enthusiastic dudes aiming to get CLB 10 n above have to wait longer rather than risking themselves

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
May be in 2 months. When universities are insisting students to come by September to avoid further contraction of the virus, not sure how these ppl will ask applicants to come to test centre
So clearly IELTS may not open up soon. Academic might be possible online from home but no idea about general
So, highly motivated and enthusiastic dudes aiming to get CLB 10 n above have to wait longer rather than risking themselves
IELTS centers in BC, and Alberta I think are resuming now, you can actually book your test online, unless they cancel in a last minute?

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Ya i booked an ielts test here in Ottawa for May 10th and it got canceled. the earliest date I can get is June 28th here in Ottawa. So they may cancel the test in India or any other country if they don't get clearance from local authorities.