+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 145th Draw - CEC

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Does it mean a draw for all categories might be on the way?
Well, I can’t say for sure but every province have the powers to decide what happens in their province and when to open up. However, if Ontario conducts another round of invitations for outlanders as it is for the Entrepreneur stream then we might see a general draw because that is where all of the major decisions are made. Additionally, Ontario have been known to invite outlanders than any other groups.

Reactions: joconstantine

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Well, I can’t say for sure but every province have the powers to decide what happens in their province and when to open up. However, if Ontario conducts another round of invitations for outlanders as it is for the Entrepreneur stream then we might see a general draw because that is where all of the major decisions are made. Additionally, Ontario have been known to invite outlanders than any other groups.
Unless even they decided to invite low scoring CEC candidates.

Reactions: jitesh2013

Dimpysimple

Dec 7, 2016
Hi,

I am inland applicant and received ITA recently, I did complete my 1-year experience and then went on maternity leave,

I made my profile in October 2019 (the time I was working) and my 1 year was completed and when my baby born I did not change any status in my profile, I just received ITA recently and worried that will it affect my file which I still have to submit.

Please help.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
The 80k is not out of the express entry pool. That is out of the 341K total immigrants in 2019. Please check the current ethnic distribution of the country and come to conclusions. The total population of Canada is currently close to 38million. And the ethnic group you are mentioning is only close to 4%. So even with zero immigrants from other countries and if this trend of 80K were to continue for the next 10 years which is highly unlikely it would not hurt the demographics to the level of political influence you are suggesting. Please stop worrying too much.
Even if it's out of 341k, it's a large percentage of incoming immigrants. We don't have the 2019 end of year report for express entry, but for 2018 the number of admissions for Indian nationals was 39,677, so it's clear the vast majority were admitted through EE. I highly doubt there will be big discrepancy between that trend for the 80k accepted overall and the 90k total through EE for 2019 as well.

It's not about ethnicity, it's about the demographic impact of having an influx of people from one particular country to this extent and its cultural, social and political impact.

Most of all, the biggest political concern would be that they will end up becoming a powerful voting block in Canadian society.

The point @indianstudent96 is trying to make is not to underestimate and say that there are no competitive candidates from other countries. There is nothing stopping any high scoring individual from entering into the pool.

Please see how the IRCC score is affected by the number of people in the pool with high scores. If the IRCC wants the top 3500 candidates in the pool and there are only 1000 people above 475 wont it look for the remaining 2500 required people from below 470 causing the score to come down to 460 or even 450 hypothetically?

**nothing against applicants with 450's or 460's.**
It all depends on the composition of the pool at the time, and so it's very difficult to say with certainty what the cut off will be if you remove people of one nationality at a given time. Given that cut-off scores are already in the 470s, i.e. the lowest score accepted for a given round of invitation, it also means not everyone at that score is being invited. So i doubt it plummets over 20 points.

Again EE is not the only stream of immigration to Canada. Please check your facts. that's only 85k out of 341k.

And the sentiment you are mentioning is not targetted towards any particular ethnic group as you seem to say. It is towards the entire immirgration. So if that were the case maybe the immigration levels should be reduced and not cap a particular group of people immigrating
I never said it was the only stream of immigration, but i've also provided the figures for 2018 which show how almost all are admitted through EE. It's pretty obvious most of them have probably qualified through EE for 2019 as well.

I don't think the immigration level is an issue, Canada needs immigrants, and the truth is 90k through EE is a relatively small number of people, that the majority of skilled immigrants are competing for. I just think then when people from one country dominate the numbers as has been the case, i think segments of Canadian society are going to start saying we need to balance the numbers so that we have greater diversity among PRs admitted.

Again, this has nothing to do with bias against any one country, this would be the case for anyone's country of origin if they were in the same position.

The Liberals' minority government is unlikely to last a full 4 year term, and the Conservatives are known to innovative when it comes to immigration. Express entry was their brainchild.

Implementing quotas would be a small step in comparison.

Anyhow, this is all speculative, as of now everyone is on equal footing and that's what people should concentrate on. I also think this trend may well self-correct if Trump loses the presidential election, and more people on H1B visas remain in the U.S and apply for green cards. Most of those people would prefer to stay in the U.S as well.

And it will help balance the pool, we won't have a ridiculous amount of people in the 451 to 500 category like there is now.

Last edited:

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Even if it's out of 341k, it's a large percentage of incoming immigrants. We don't have the 2019 end of year report for express entry, but for 2018 the number of admissions for Indian nationals was 39,677, so it's clear the vast majority were admitted through EE. I highly doubt there will be big discrepancy between that trend for the 80k accepted overall and the 90k total through EE for 2019 as well.

It's not about ethnicity, it's about the demographic impact of having an influx of people from one particular country to this extent and its cultural, social and political impact.

Most of all, the biggest political concern would be that they will end up becoming a powerful voting block in Canadian society.

It all depends on the composition of the pool at the time, and so it's very difficult to say with certainty what the cut off will be if you remove people of one nationality at a given time. Given that cut-off scores are already in the 470s, i.e. the lowest score accepted for a given round of invitation, it also means not everyone at that score is being invited. So i doubt it plummets over 20 points.

I never said it was the only steam of immigration, but i've also provided the figures for 2018 which show how almost all are admitted through EE. It's pretty obvious most of them have probably qualified through EE for 2019 as well.

I don't think the immigration level is an issue, Canada needs immigrants, and the truth is 90k through EE is a relatively small number of people, that the majority of skilled immigrants are competing for. I just think then when people from one country dominate the numbers as has been the case, i think segments of Canadian society are going to start saying we need to balance the numbers so that we have greater diversity among PRs admitted.

Again, this has nothing to do with bias against any one country, this would be the case for anyone's country of origin if they were in the same position.

The Liberals' minority government is unlikely to last a full 4 year term, and the Conservatives are known to innovative when it comes to immigration. Express entry was their brainchild.

Implementing quotas would be a small step in comparison.

Anyhow, this is all speculative, as of now everyone is on equal footing and that's what people should concentrate on.
Okay, maybe I tried a way that did not put out my intentions clearly. Let me try it again.

The levels of immigration from a particular group do not seem to be hurting Canada in any way as there is no evident resistance to it yet. If and when the country feels that a certain group is negatively affecting the country, they will make reforms to the immigration system needless of suggestions from the applicants. They have very competent immigration research organizations in Canada to do that, who laid out the existing path. It is their job to see how the immigration policies are affecting the economy or sentiments of the nation.

This forum is not the place for applicants to point out to other hopeful applicants who share the same dreams saying "there are too many of you people already". Particularly when no one is misusing the existing system. That is totally uncalled for in this forum. The demographic impact if such a thing is really affecting Canada, then it is something Canada and its citizens need to decide.

This is the fairest immigration system existing yet for a developed nation. Let it be and do not discourage hopeful immigrants on this forum from saying there should be a quota on you people.

It does not hurt anyone when there is a new implementation in the immigration system from IRCC, people accept it. But it hurts when other applicants who the system is treating as your equal tries to suggest a new implementation to the IRCC against you. You wouldn't want such a thing on a thread called "ray of hope".

manju688

Apr 26, 2020
hi guys,does anyone know crs scoe of 390 would call for immigration?if they call when will they call after application?

Muhammad1987!

Aug 25, 2019
Hi everyone, i hve been waiting for quite sometime now -i have 461 points and i havent received the ITA for the 16th April Draw?
what should i do?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Okay, maybe I tried a way that did not put out my intentions clearly. Let me try it again.

The levels of immigration from a particular group do not seem to be hurting Canada in any way as there is no evident resistance to it yet. If and when the country feels that a certain group is negatively affecting the country, they will make reforms to the immigration system needless of suggestions from the applicants. They have very competent immigration research organizations in Canada to do that, who laid out the existing path. It is their job to see how the immigration policies are affecting the economy or sentiments of the nation.

This forum is not the place for applicants to point out to other hopeful applicants who share the same dreams saying "there are too many of you people already". Particularly when no one is misusing the existing system. That is totally uncalled for in this forum. The demographic impact if such a thing is really affecting Canada, then it is something Canada and its citizens need to decide.

This is the fairest immigration system existing yet for a developed nation. Let it be and do not discourage hopeful immigrants on this forum from saying there should be a quota on you people.

It does not hurt anyone when there is a new implementation in the immigration system from IRCC, people accept it. But it hurts when other applicants who the system is treating as your equal tries to suggest a new implementation to the IRCC against you. You wouldn't want such a thing on a thread called "ray of hope".
No one has said that, and you're misrepresenting my opinion after not having much to counter it with in terms of logic and facts.

It was not a debate started by me in this thread, i'm just chiming in on what could be possible in the future.

You were the one who wanted to engage further on it and I obliged in the spirit of it being an exchange of ideas.

If you felt this way, you should just said that at the beginning.

But i'll reiterate again, it has nothing to do with a single country in particular, it has everything to do with the rate of admission and the numbers.

No one is saying anyone should not be able to compete, it's more an issue of the political ramifications of having a lot of people immigrating from one country to the extent we've seen recently.

I'm not saying this should be the way it works, only that it is a matter to consider going forward. I just think it's a bit naive to think that if one country of origin makes up almost 90% of new immigrants annually on a consistent basis for EE, that this is not going to raise concerns on a lack of diversity and the effects sustained immigration at this rate will have on demographics in Canada.

Last edited:

Muhammad1987!

Aug 25, 2019
Hi everyone, i hve been waiting for quite sometime now -i have 461 points and i havent received the ITA for the 16th April Draw?
what should i do? whats their email address?