Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
That is real, and their msg is loud and clear, until covid 19 issue is resolved, they will keep doing CEC draws only. So In next draw you are selected for sure, unless corona virus just vanish from this planet
I can't explain my excitement and fear in words, but can you share any official link for this statement, if any? thanks

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
I can't explain my excitement and fear in words, but can you share any official link for this statement, if any? thanks
there is no official statement bro but that is common sense, they only did cec draw in 2015 for one time with less than 2000 ITA. Now due to travel restrictions and safety concern due to corona they did it 3 times, So if you are at 454 and CEC candidate you are holding your beer in next 15 days at home.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
What is surprising me is the delay in FsW draw when they know we might not even land until 2021.
Yup, that's what's frustrating me as well. They've already said processing of applications will take at least 6 months for anyone drawn now. So, as an FSW, even if I'm drawn now, it's not like I'd be able to leave immediately. It would be nice to at least have my application begin being processed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Yup, that's what's frustrating me as well. They've already said processing of applications will take at least 6 months for anyone drawn now. So, as an FSW, even if I'm drawn now, it's not like I'd be able to leave immediately. It would be nice to at least have my application begin being processed.
Also, they could process FSW applications and have a travel ban in place till the situation improves. That way people won't lose points and keep hanging by a thread of hope.

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Let’s see how things go in the next one or two months, things will be normal in most countries by June also, May be they might resume FSW by then. But does that mean they are willing to invite less qualified people with 420-430 against qualified 470FSW. Feel bad for those loosing points or affected by documents expiration.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
What I understand from these draws is IRCC does not care at all. Due to this pandemic, inviting CEC candidates right now is convenient for them as they don't have to bother doing BCG's and whatnot for outland applicants due to restrictions worldwide. All they care about is reaching their targets and once the situation gets better, they will be holding regular draws as if nothing happened, business as usual.

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
What I understand from these draws is IRCC does not care at all. Due to this pandemic, inviting CEC candidates right now is convenient for them as they don't have to bother doing BCG's and whatnot for outland applicants due to restrictions worldwide. All they care about is reaching their targets and once the situation gets better, they will be holding regular draws as if nothing happened, business as usual.
What does BCG mean?

lignumvitae

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Congratulations to all those who received their ITA’s.

On a positive note, its good to see that FSW have more points. Secondly, whatever money we all have spent till now on our dream of immigrating to Canada is like an investment and not an expense. And lastly, it is a good time for all of us to silently improve our scores till the pandemic ends or rather slows down.

All the leaders of the world have concluded/thought about it that lockdown is not the solution so with time things will be normal. In the meantime, we can contribute in helping our home country to overcome the virus or rather minimise its effects.

Reactions: jasmin-alladin