Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
This is absolutely amazing! I'm so delighted to see that your patience and hard work finally paid off.

Many many congratulations dear, this is your time to celebrate. Cherish these joyful moments :)
Thanks a lot nitin!! :) :) :)

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Then what happened? Did your score fall below the cut off after losing points?
No, i did it in good times. My score was 456 and fell to 451. The cutoff in my draw was 440. This was back in Oct 2018. So I was safe.

However, as I understand the officer looking at the file has the discretion to consider your score as the score at the date you received ITA if your birthday comes before your AOR. And so they usually use the date of ITA in the case that people lose points like this.

Reactions: Aysherman
Feb 7, 2020
Hey guys.. so I'm basically sitting at 468 and I have a blood relative in Canada, but he's my uncle ( dad's first cousin). Would it be possible to get additional points for this ? Or should it be a sibling only..

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys.. so I'm basically sitting at 468 and I have a blood relative in Canada, but he's my uncle ( dad's first cousin). Would it be possible to get additional points for this ? Or should it be a sibling only..
CRS points can only be obtained for a sibling I believe and not uncles or cousins etc.

Rushbury1986

Jun 24, 2019
Hello everyone.

I hope you are all well and safe. I was wondering why people are saying that the crs cut off for FSW (when the draw actually comes around) would still be above 470 and no scope for them to decrease? Surely if the PNP and CEC draws are still taking place and effectively been taken out of the express entry pool, coupled with the fact that due to the covid situation hindering new people to enter a profile in the pool then I would’ve thought that the crs cut off would decrease?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but still relatively new to this even though I have been in the pool for nearly 3 years now.

thanks in advance for any response I get...stay safe.

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
Hi Folks,
I got an ITA today under the CEC category but I got a question. My Canadian Experience is only 2 years & 6 months, and it ended on Nov 25, 2019. Now I'm working from India for the same company, so it will be counted as an Indian experience. My CRS score was 459 2 weeks ago, but today I got an ITA, and surprisingly my score is 470. No idea what caused an increment in my score. If I would have continued to work in Canada I will reach 3-year experience on may 25, 2020 but I left Canada 6 months before that. It seems like the express entry system rounded my experience to 3 years. I have updated my profile with these changes soon after I left Canada. Any idea what's happening?

Aysherman

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
No, i did it in good times. My score was 456 and fell to 451. The cutoff in my draw was 440. This was back in Oct 2018. So I was safe.

However, as I understand the officer looking at the file has the discretion to consider your score as the score at the date you received ITA if your birthday comes before your AOR. And so they usually use the date of ITA in the case that people lose points like this.

Perfect. Thx alot for your response.

Reactions: smash1984

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Is anyone aware if WES has resumed their services?
Also, I'd like to know if IELTS exams have resumed in India.
Nope.
WES and other similar education bodies are extremely inundated with toooooooo many requests. They have a huge burden now. Plus no bodies are accepting applications by the way.
Secondly no IELTS happening
IELTS not happening till May end.
But if you can, try obtaining transcripts and send to the education evaluation bodies.

Last edited:

Samuel Ryan

Jul 24, 2019
Hi All,
Does any one about IQAS evaluation. I last read that their evaluation is on hold till May 19th and they are not accepting any new applications until then. Have they extended this timeline or will they start accepting applications from 19th May. Can someone please help. Also if someone can share the timeline on how long does IQAS take to evaluate transcripts and share the reports. Thanks a lot.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Hi All,
Does any one about IQAS evaluation. I last read that their evaluation is on hold till May 19th and they are not accepting any new applications until then. Have they extended this timeline or will they start accepting applications from 19th May. Can someone please help. Also if someone can share the timeline on how long does IQAS take to evaluate transcripts and share the reports. Thanks a lot.
IQAS roughly takes around 6 to 9 months. Plus they have suspended their operations owing to wayyyyyyy too many backlogs. So once you have obtained transcript, send it to them once you hear from them that they have started accepting applications.
To date, they have not announced about resuming their operations. Keep checking their website and once it is open, you can send it to them.