+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 142nd Draw - PNP

Mak101

Jan 23, 2020
A piece of advice for FSW candidates. Please dont waste your time with IRCC now. Put your heart & mind into your current life. The way things are currently, you may even end up loosing what you have. Its fine to be optimistic but its writing on the wall here; IRCC has shut down FSW for good till economy recovers from COVID19 and there is enough job creation for non Canadian connection holders to be absorbed. Explore something else but please dont live in a fools paradise.

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Most probably Canada paused their FSW draws for a little while or may be until their economy recovers. No one exactly knows what the economic situation would be the time we are out of this. Recovery could be quick or it could take a few years.

To those who are hoping there would be a FSW draw next week, the chances are very low. There is no reason why they would do a PNP only draw if they intend to do a FSW next week. All the PNP candidates would be in FSW anyway as they all have high scores. Just relax and hope for the best praying things will return to normal as soon as possible.

To those who are hoping the scores would go down and reduced influx of people into the pool, I do not understand why. The world is all normal (except china & some parts of Europe) until mid march. So, there would be people who gave their exams until mid march entering the pool in April (considering an average 10 day delay in getting their TRF cards). If there is any decrease in inflow, it would be now in upcoming draws as no exams are being held in most places currently. There will be a decrease in score hopefully if FSW resumes sooner. Also, expect a big influx of candidates from USA due to economic & Visa uncertainty as many people on F1 & H1b are losing their jobs due to economic slowdown. You cannot stay in US more than 60 days once u r unemployed. So, be ready for a big wave coming sooner or later. 20 million people or more filed for unemployment in USA in last 3 weeks or so and more coming. But again these are just citizens and doesn't account for temporary residents. That is how the current situation is unfolding

A couple of questions, if someone could help clarify. I am sitting at 467 since december with an opportunity to improve by maximum of 9 points by maxing out IELTS. I already did my medicals, PCC & ECA in advance sigh :( hoping I would get an invite atleast in next 3 months. But the reality has been very different. I wish I retook the exam right away but who expected things would turn out like this. In june first week, I am losing additional 6 points due to age. That would put me back to 470 if I max out for IELTS.

So, couple of questions; How long is the ECA Valid for?

I only did ECA evaluation for my Masters (from USA) and not bachelors. Is that fine? I only mentioned my masters degree on the Express entry profile.

How long are my PCC certificates valid? I have one from India and the other from current residence country.

Hope for the best! Good luck and thanks in advance.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Most probably Canada paused their FSW draws for a little while or may be until their economy recovers. No one exactly knows what the economic situation would be the time we are out of this. Recovery could be quick or it could take a few years.

To those who are hoping there would be a FSW draw next week, the chances are very low. There is no reason why they would do a PNP only draw if they intend to do a FSW next week. All the PNP candidates would be in FSW anyway as they all have high scores. Just relax and hope for the best praying things will return to normal as soon as possible.

To those who are hoping the scores would go down and reduced influx of people into the pool, I do not understand why. The world is all normal (except china & some parts of Europe) until mid march. So, there would be people who gave their exams until mid march entering the pool in April (considering an average 10 day delay in getting their TRF cards). If there is any decrease in inflow, it would be now in upcoming draws as no exams are being held in most places currently. There will be a decrease in score hopefully if FSW resumes sooner. Also, expect a big influx of candidates from USA due to economic & Visa uncertainty as many people on F1 & H1b are losing their jobs due to economic slowdown. You cannot stay in US more than 60 days once u r unemployed. So, be ready for a big wave coming sooner or later. 20 million people or more filed for unemployment in USA in last 3 weeks or so and more coming. But again these are just citizens and doesn't account for temporary residents. That is how the current situation is unfolding

A couple of questions, if someone could help clarify. I am sitting at 467 since december with an opportunity to improve by maximum of 9 points by maxing out IELTS. I already did my medicals, PCC & ECA in advance sigh :( hoping I would get an invite atleast in next 3 months. But the reality has been very different. I wish I retook the exam right away but who expected things would turn out like this. In june first week, I am losing additional 6 points due to age. That would put me back to 470 if I max out for IELTS.

I only did ECA evaluation for my Masters (from USA) and not bachelors. Is that fine? I only mentioned my masters degree on the Express entry profile.

How long are my PCC certificates valid? I have one from India and the other from current residence country.

470 in next 3 months is not feasible. After the FST draw, scores will spike and who even know if we will ever see a FSW draw in the next 3 months?
doesn’t seem feasible

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
470 in next 3 months is not feasible. After the FST draw, scores will spike and who even know if we will ever see a FSW draw in the next 3 months?
doesn’t seem feasible
By the way, I am only 467 right now. I will have to take exam to get it up and there is no hope of taking exam anytime before June as all tests in US are cancelled until further notice. So, if I max out IELTS and losing 6 points by age, I am still at 470 and will have about an year time until my next birthday. So, my question is, how long is ECA & PCC valid. (I know medicals is 1 year, I should have atleast 9 months of validity by the time I submit my application)

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

ECA is valid for 2 years. PCC can't be older than 6 months at the time of application, as far as I know.

Reactions: Issygn

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
ECA is valid for 2 years. PCC can't be older than 6 months at the time of application, as far as I know.
Yes, just checked. ECA is valid for 5 years. I also don't need a new PCC from India as I have not lived there after my last certificate was issued. All I need is PCC from US (which is fairly easy to get) & a new physicals. I won't do it this time until I get the invite. Thank you!

taurus22

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
It could mean 127 new candidates joined the pool between 5 and 8 April. Quite likely.

I am a little confused with the number if ITAs (606) issued in the latest pnp draw. It says the cutoff is 698 with tie breaking rule on Dec, 18, 2019 I assume. But in the pool, as of April 5th 2020, there are only 479 candidates above score 600. How are they issuing 606 ITAs? What am I missing?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yes, just checked. ECA is valid for 5 years. I also don't need a new PCC from India as I have not lived there after my last certificate was issued. All I need is PCC from US (which is fairly easy to get) & a new physicals. I won't do it this time until I get the invite. Thank you!
Apologies, yes. I was thinking of the IELTS test, which is 2 years. Glad you found the info! And glad the US PCC is relatively easy to obtain. Good luck. :)

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey all, just a quick thought that I want your input on concerning the tie breaking rule.
Tie-breaking rule: December 18, 2020 (typo-should be 2019)
The rule in the 140th draw where it was similar to this was the same day the draw happened, which more or less means that all all the profiles were relatively new. However, in this one, its in December of last year, which might indicate that its the rule for the second part of the draw (CEC only or CEC+FSW).
The interesting part is, last CEC only Draw tie breaking rule was November 25th, with a minimum score of 467. Therefore, lets arguably say that the next draw is CEC only with a score of 465, its not possible that the tie breaking rule is newer than the one in the older draw.
Now, if we say that the draw is FSW+CEC only, on December 18th, a draw happened with 469, There is a possibility that the next draw is going to be 469 if today’s tie breaking rule is for that draw. However, with the numbers in the table, this conclusion is hard. Unless, its a FSW only draw, then this is the only possibility for everything to fit.
A bit confusing I know, but I will appreciate your inputs.

harsh_makani

Feb 12, 2020
What all was covered in your medicals? Also how much did you pay?

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Hey all, just a quick thought that I want your input on concerning the tie breaking rule.
Tie-breaking rule: December 18, 2020 (typo-should be 2019)
The rule in the 140th draw where it was similar to this was the same day the draw happened, which more or less means that all all the profiles were relatively new. However, in this one, its in December of last year, which might indicate that its the rule for the second part of the draw (CEC only or CEC+FSW).
The interesting part is, last CEC only Draw tie breaking rule was November 25th, with a minimum score of 467. Therefore, lets arguably say that the next draw is CEC only with a score of 465, its not possible that the tie breaking rule is newer than the one in the older draw.
Now, if we say that the draw is FSW+CEC only, on December 18th, a draw happened with 469, There is a possibility that the next draw is going to be 469 if today’s tie breaking rule is for that draw. However, with the numbers in the table, this conclusion is hard. Unless, its a FSW only draw, then this is the only possibility for everything to fit.
A bit confusing I know, but I will appreciate your inputs.
Simple logic. If I Say I have a new IELTS Score after the submission of my initial profile, I can go and update it today but the profile submission date is still my initial date of submission. So, these are all the people who got PNP nominations later on and updated their profiles to increase their scores. Other than that there is no scientific logic.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Simple logic. If I Say I have a new IELTS Score after the submission of my initial profile, I can go and update it today but the profile submission date is still my initial date of submission. So, these are all the people who got PNP nominations later on and updated their profiles to increase their scores. Other than that there is no scientific logic.
But how was the tie breaking rule in the same day the draw number 140th happened?