+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I have recently started learning French in order to improve my CRS. I've been trying to figure out how many points you can get, especially considering that speaking and writing in any language are always the most dificult to tackle. Do you know if you get any points if you can achieve the minimum in Reading and Listening or if there is a minimum you need in each area for you to get additional points?
You need at least CLB 5 in any of the four sections to have one point and CLB 7 to have three points. CLB 5 and CLB 7 are language levels equivalent to IELTS 4.5-5.0 and 6.0. As someone whose native language is totally different from any Roman language, I find achieving French CLB 7 in reading and listening not difficult at all and I believe whatever you native language is, since you already speak good English, you can aim to get at least 4 points from French.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
If there's a draw today, please post that you received an ITA here. Then we all know to check. Good luck everyone! :)
Do you know what time the ITAs start to be sent out? It's already been afternoon here in Singapore. I am counting down each hour.

a7medfx

Mar 6, 2020
Singapore
If there's a draw today, please post that you received an ITA here. Then we all know to check. Good luck everyone! :)
This is a very lively forum. Somebody definitely will post once ITAs start going out. I will also keep an eye here!

I wish you a favorable outcome from the draw!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Do you know what time the ITAs start to be sent out? It's already been afternoon here in Singapore. I am counting down each hour.
You might only see tomorrow, as the draw might only take place many hours from now. It is only 2.30 am right now in Ottawa.

This is a very lively forum. Somebody definitely will post once ITAs start going out. I will also keep an eye here!

I wish you a favorable outcome from the draw!
Thank you! You too.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Just an out of box question. You did not try to obtain Singapore PR.
My friend completed eight years living there and got the Singapore PR last month.
As you already live in a developed nation, thot of asking this question

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Just an out of box question. You did not try to obtain Singapore PR.
My friend completed eight years living there and got the Singapore PR last month.
As you already live in a developed nation, thot of asking this question
I have tried at least 5 times and I have been living here for 12 years (I came here for university, a national one).
Anyway, life in Singapore is good, a bit fast-paced and stressful but still very high-standard. However, I am looking at immigration to Canada because I will be able to sponsor my same-gender partner in the future. I had done a lot of thinking before making the decision to enter this journey.
We won't rush to come to Canada though as my friend is having his (late) Master course. Anyway, given the current situation, I don't think my application will be processed any time soon.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I have tried at least 5 times and I have been living here for 12 years (I came here for university, a national one).
Anyway, life in Singapore is good, a bit fast-paced and stressful but still very high-standard. However, I am looking at immigration to Canada because I will be able to sponsor my same-gender partner in the future. I had done a lot of thinking before making the decision to enter this journey.
We won't rush to come to Canada though as my friend is having his (late) Master course. Anyway, given the current situation, I don't think my application will be processed any time soon.
Yeah, I think people don't consider those personal aspects sometimes. Singapore is a lot more conservative than Canada.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Yeah, I think people don't consider those personal aspects sometimes. Singapore is a lot more conservative than Canada.
You are right.
Life is never perfect, so we sometimes gotta make a choice. At least, we are still given a chance to do so.

Mehjabeen Ahmed

Jul 4, 2019
Need a little help here with my experience. I am a dr with NOC 3112. My experience was 1 year in a state hospital, and after that for 3 years I worked in a relatively smaller setting close to my residence. Does it matter to the CIC that the experience was not from a prominent hospital? I had personal reasons for joining the other clinic.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Need a little help here with my experience. I am a dr with NOC 3112. My experience was 1 year in a state hospital, and after that for 3 years I worked in a relatively smaller setting close to my residence. Does it matter to the CIC that the experience was not from a prominent hospital? I had personal reasons for joining the other clinic.
No.it doesn’t matter. As far as the Clinic you work is registered and has an online presence.

Reactions: Mehjabeen Ahmed