+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

Malet

Mar 4, 2020
I agree what u said. For you maybe money is an issue and that seems high amount. But there many people like me who has given ielts countless number of times. And money might not be a factor for them and they are lacking points and only way for them is to improve ielts. As it could be that they dont fall under NOC category for pnp or they might lose point for age soon or many other factors could be there.

And lmao funny thing what u said is "open a business in india",that could back fire too right. Not only that, have you thought about the fact that not everyone in this forum is from India and could be from other countries where 4000$ is not even 1% enough to open a business.

In the end, everyone motives and journey is different. We all have a purpose, for some it may take 1 attempt of ielts and some it may take 10 in the end it all boils down to whether you achieved the end goal that you desired for.

Best wishes.
Thank you for the wise words.

Reactions: mdshoaib

Malet

Mar 4, 2020
I started with 434 score in July mid 2019 and last week Friday i managed to bring my score upto 471. I gave IELTS 13 TIMES. After failing each time, i dusted myself and studied and gave another attempt. I was in complete determination and did not give up.
People usually gives up and blames cic or score going up. You cant change the situation of the CRS score but you can change YOU.

If you are at clb10 at IELTs and cant improve more, try to get job offer. if you cant get that, learn french, if you cant learn french, get PNP, if u cant get PNP. try enhancing ur education to a higher level. Where there is a will, there is a way.

You just need a strong will and a determination that is hungry for success and failure shouldn't direct your mind to something else.
Thank you for the positive energy. I am so proud of you.

Reactions: mdshoaib

Malet

Mar 4, 2020
French

You have the huge advantage of having portuguese as your native language. The similarities between French and Portuguese allows you to get a CLB7-8 (maybe even CLB9) in French in a matter of months. I did exactly that, had 469 for months, then I started studying french (only for the Reading and Listening modules), and in 10 weeks of intense study I was able to achieve a C1 in Both Reading and Listening, adding 6 points to my profile.
Another advantage: you're relatively close to Curitiba, where you can do the TCF Canada test.
May i ask which resources did you use for studying French for 10 weeks intensive? Thanks

Marziyeh

Aug 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question and I would be happy if anyone can answer.

can we say that after the last CEC draw (3232 invited) the same number of people have been cleared from the EE pool and 3232 must be deducted from 467+ range??? is this assumption true?

Reactions: jrossi

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi All, does anyone know on when the next draw might happen? Tnx
I'm hoping next week, but I assume it'll happen April 8th or around then. Cause that'll be 2 weeks from the last draw, as per usual. I don't mind that, so long as it's a "normal" draw this time.

jetzhou

Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,

I'm wondering the panel physicians only accept for appointments to those who have IME number now, what should we do for the upfront medical exam part? Should we leave it and explain it in LOE and submit the rest of the documents? From my understanding, no IME number will be issued until you submit the application first.

Thanks!

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
May i ask which resources did you use for studying French for 10 weeks intensive? Thanks
Google.

I really never attached myself to a specific website, or youtube channel. I kept changing resources pretty much everyday, and actually, using many resources on the same day. I'm a believer that you can only learn a new language if you detach yourself from old paradigms of language learning. You need to learn the language like a baby does: by consuming content, and not necessarily worry about specific grammar rules.

Reactions: deed and Malet

Malet

Mar 4, 2020
Google.

I really never attached myself to a specific website, or youtube channel. I kept changing resources pretty much everyday, and actually, using many resources on the same day. I'm a believer that you can only learn a new language if you detach yourself from old paradigms of language learning. You need to learn the language like a baby does: by consuming content, and not necessarily worry about specific grammar rules.
Thanks

hellokady

Mar 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Do you guys know people who got their PR in less than 6 months ? My CRS is 494 and I'm wondering if they process applications with higher score faster or not. I just want to be over with this PR application as soon as possible. Been in this country for 13 years and I'm really but really tired of been a non permanent resident.