+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 141st Draw

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
If they really intended to continue with CEC candidates only for the following draws, I believe they would already released an official statement regarding this decision. They've been pretty transparent regarding the policy changes due to COVID-19.
So, I believe the next draw will be a general one (or a FSW). I'm just not sure WHEN that draw will occur. I wouldn't be surprised if they spend the next 30 days in silence, waiting for a possible slowdown of pandemic.

It's important to remember people being invited right now will only land in Canada, in the best possible scenario, in the winter. So, the chances of that pandemic being under control at the end of 2020 are pretty reasonable. There's no logical reason to continue to invite only CEC candidates.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
If they really intended to continue with CEC candidates only for the following draws, I believe they would already released an official statement regarding this decision. They've been pretty transparent regarding the policy changes due to COVID-19.
So, I believe the next draw will be a general one (or a FSW). I'm just not sure WHEN that draw will occur. I wouldn't be surprised if they spend the next 30 days in silence, waiting for a possible slowdown of pandemic.

It's important to remember people being invited right now will only land in Canada, in the best possible scenario, in the winter. So, the chances of that pandemic being under control at the end of 2020 are pretty reasonable. There's no logical reason to continue to invite only CEC candidates.
You have made a good point ,this is a health crisis and no one would want it to instigate into a financial crisis so all parameters have to be considered and that is exactly what they did. Continuously inviting CEC candidates or PNP as believed isn’t feasible as no PNP is inviting either and i am very sure the scores of CEC candidates in the pool will be very low at this time and I don’t think that is what Canada wants at this time. We just have to wait and see because extending lockdown too will also result in huge drawbacks so this is a time for real critical decisions to be made . In fact, this is a true test for various world leaders, medical, financial experts and the world at large .

Reactions: alexross and jrossi

fasire

Mar 21, 2020
I hope the next draws invite me, as i stand for 468 points. I`ve talked with my immi consultant and they believel that this will happen soon, as they are certified immi representante, i think they might know some things.

Last edited:
Reactions: aycorek

alexslx

Nov 1, 2019
Porto Alegre, RS
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
I received my ECA today and I'll be doing IELTS next weeks if it don't get delayed again because of COVID-19.

Best scenario I'll be with 466 points and worst scenario 460 points. Not sure what to do. I really want to move to Toronto or Vancouver.

Next year my scores will drop from 454 to 460 as I'll turn 31.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I received my ECA today and I'll be doing IELTS next weeks if it don't get delayed again because of COVID-19.

Best scenario I'll be with 466 points and worst scenario 460 points. Not sure what to do. I really want to move to Toronto or Vancouver.

You can only be sure of what you are up to if you get started . A hike to the mountain top starts with one step !!!! You can take the risk but check your chances critically

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020

French

You have the huge advantage of having portuguese as your native language. The similarities between French and Portuguese allows you to get a CLB7-8 (maybe even CLB9) in French in a matter of months. I did exactly that, had 469 for months, then I started studying french (only for the Reading and Listening modules), and in 10 weeks of intense study I was able to achieve a C1 in Both Reading and Listening, adding 6 points to my profile.
Another advantage: you're relatively close to Curitiba, where you can do the TCF Canada test.

Last edited:

Yazer

Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

I got my nomination on March 17th and accepted it, and I am eligible for CEC but I did not get an ITA yet on the 140th draw or the Proventioal Nominee Draw where I was eligible for both as my points are above 900. Any idea why? I am getting worried.

Thanks,

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hi,

I got my nomination on March 17th and accepted it, and I am eligible for CEC but I did not get an ITA yet on the 140th draw or the Proventioal Nominee Draw where I was eligible for both as my points are above 900. Any idea why? I am getting worried.

Thanks,
This is a strange one.

Did you accept the nomination before the PNP draw? The PNP draw seems to indicate there was no tie break so if you had >720 as of March 19, 2020 at 02:04:06 UTC you should have received an invite.

As for the CEC draw, is your CRS above 467 points without the additional 600 from PNP? I can't say for certain but I would assume the draw would have been based on CEC eligibility criteria, so the 600 additional points from PNP isn't a factor in a CEC-only draw. As such, you'd need 467+ without PNP.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all. Please see the below two articles, which provide some more info about IRCC processing amidst the COVID pandemic. They're continuing as normal, so, we should all be fine.

Article 1
Article 2

Reactions: aycorek

Maik

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi guys ,
I created my profile in December with a crs of 444 without my spouse IELTS ... Last Friday my spouse TRF came .. when I tried to update result of spouse and transmitted my profile became in eligible I don know why . Am really confused . The most possible reason I could make out is when I created my profile in December I mentioned POF as 24000$ for 4 members As you all know POF was changed after but I didn't change that in my profile as I thought it would be enough . But now when I checked the POF on cic website it shows 24083$ for 4 members . would that shortage of 83 $ made my profile ineligible ?. And even if it is yes then why didn't it happen before and happened only now when I updated my profile .pls help me

vijay10891

Oct 2, 2019
Hi guys ,
I created my profile in December with a crs of 444 without my spouse IELTS ... Last Friday my spouse TRF came .. when I tried to update result of spouse and transmitted my profile became in eligible I don know why . Am really confused . The most possible reason I could make out is when I created my profile in December I mentioned POF as 24000$ for 4 members As you all know POF was changed after but I didn't change that in my profile as I thought it would be enough . But now when I checked the POF on cic website it shows 24083$ for 4 members . would that shortage of 83 $ made my profile ineligible ?. And even if it is yes then why didn't it happen before and happened only now when I updated my profile .pls help me
Yes its because of POF. Once you update it, everything should be fine.